These two brave firefighters risked their lives for the lives of two sweet puppies. Ellen wanted to personally thank them, and of course, give them a surprise!

Comments

(Page 3 of 3) Newer123
Kelly Troxel

I would like to nominate Muttville in San Francisco. They are a Senior Dog Rescue organization who saves senior dogs from shelters as no one adopts these older gentle dogs. They are a fantastic organization founded by one woman, who is a force of nature.
http://www.muttville.org/ Please consider this incredible organization for the great work that they do.

Catherine Clowers

I would like to recommend a pet rescue organization that is in Ashville, NC. Boxer Butts and other Mutts takes in animals that other rescue organizations view as to far gone. I follow them on facebook and I can not believe the before and after photos. I adopted one of my babies from them, her name is Daisy and she has been a wonderful addition to our family. Some of the photos and stories make me cry but when I see the after pictures, I have tears of joy. They truly make a difference one dog at a time. This organization has such loving and nurturing people associated with it. The lady who was the foster mom for my Daisy wanted to be friends on facebook because she wanted to have updates on her. This organization really needs the help

Wendy Mae

Loved that segment!

Tina Meyers

I also would like to recommend All About Animals for this charity. They were broken into in the wee hours where dog fighting took place and three dogs died and several were severely injured resulting in massive vet bills. While there is a reward offered, there have been no leads that the community has been advised of. This rescue group is in Macon GA and can be found on facebook. I am not affiliated with them at all, just an animal lover and part of a nearby community. Thanks Ellen for all you do!

Mary Stewart

Thanks Ellen for honoring people that do great things for all God's creatures great and small. I wanted to nominate a great animal rescue, Miranda's Rescue, in Fortuna, Ca. They take all kinds of animals: birds, dogs, cats, pigs, horses, donkeys, goats, and more... Shannon and his crew are great people. They pay for spay/neuter for every animal that is adopted out, help with medical treatment for sick animals.
Shannon Miranda is man with a big heart, he takes in animals from other shelters as well as lost animals. Recently, he came to an auto accident and took in 4 cats and a dog that were stranded because the owner was hospitalized.
Shannon and Dean are awesome people and they are always very honest with the people who come to adopt an animal. He tells them what issues they may have so the forever home is a happy home for the pet and the person.

Mary Stewart

I wanted to nominate a great animal rescue/no-kill shelter in Fortuna, California. Don't know where on the page to do that, please help me..
Thanks,
Mary ;-}

susan plagge

Hi Ellen. Susan Plagge, Macon, Ga. I emailed you about an hour ago about All About Animals, Macon, Ga. Someone broke into this no kill shelter, we think, to prep their dogs to fight, and killed 3 precious dogs, and wounded many others. The City of Macon, Georgia would love to have this donaction. There are so many dogs and cats just begging to be loved and taken care of. My husband and I have 2 of our own, and 2 rescue dogs and 1 rescue cat. We can not turn them away. Thanks so much Ellen and God Bless.

Elizabeth Warren

I live in Beacon NY and ARF, also known as, "Animal rescue foundation" in my town had caught fire back in Sept. They lost 8 cats and a few were also sent to the hosp. I would like to nominate them for the contest, but can't find the site to do this. Please help!

Patricia McSheffery

Just want to let you know that there is a great animal shelter in Salem which is a "no kill shelter" and deserves any help you can provide. You mentioned on the show to nominate one but unfortunately I can't locate the link. The staff is dedicated in finding the best homes for all the animals. If you go to adopt a dog and have one, they have you bring the animal in to see if the dogs will get along....I could go on with many comments. When we adopted our first dog they checked out references to ensure the dog was going to a good home. They are exceptionally dedicated and some times dogs are shipped from other areas to this shelter.

I would love to come to one of your shows but don't fly much. Thanks for your kindness and laughter. Again just writing about a fantastic shelter that goes beyond to find a good home for all their animals. Northeast Animal Shelter in Salem, MA

Margaret  Nixon

Really enjoy your shows.I just watch your Halloween show so funny.i hope you and your family and staff a happy thanks giving day & happy Halloween.

Bishop Don Hauck; O.F.J.

I too am an animal lover and I would like to submit an animal shelter for Ellen's contest, could you tell me where to do this, I cannot find it anywhere on this site?

I AM DON

Jason Asselin

Right at the end of the video, an older man was up clapping by wasn't smiling or celebrating as everyone was doing. I seem to think he didn't understand what he had just won. I think he will soon. I love this show and Ellen helping so many deserving people! Thank You!

Kena

Thank you Ellen for having this segment on your show! Heroes!!

Kristine Hanson

I'm so proud of my nephew DJ (David James Carraway)he has the biggest heart. Just before he saved the puppies, my mom, his grandma lost her fight w/cancer. He put together the funeral, which was so beautiful. He let me know how to take care of her at the end. He is just amazing! I know my mom is watching in Heaven, so proud of him, she loved ellen!

Mary Ann Foster

What a wonderful story, especially since I know DJ, my great (really Great!) nephew! Thank you, Ellen, for appreciating these men, and all the firefighters who risk their lives and truly care for us and our loved ones.

(Page 3 of 3) Newer123