Want a new recipe for a refreshing quinoa salad? Try Roberto Martin's Quinoa and Cranberry Salad, just in time for spring!
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced small
- 1 large cucumber, peeled seeded, and diced small
- 1/4 medium red onion or Vidalia onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 heads butter lettuce, washed and torn into large square pieced
- Heirloom Tomato Vinaigrette
Rinse the quinoa and put it in a small soup pot. Add the water to the quinoa and bring to a gentle boil, cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the quinoa is fully cooked and the water has been absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and transfer it to a large plate or platter, spreading it out to help it cool quickly. Refrigerate until cold.
When the quinoa is cold, toss it in a large bowl with the next 6 ingredients and dress it with the vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed.
For more delicious recipes from Roberto Martin, check out "Vegan Cooking for Carnivores."