In the mood for something sweet? Try Roberto Martin's Chocolate Chip Magic Bars.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) (3/4 cup) vegan butter, melted
- 2 cups sweetened condensed nondairy milk
- One 12-ounce bag Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and the vegan butter. Press the mixture into a 13”X9” baking pan to form the crust. Pour the nondairy condensed milk evenly over the crust.
In a medium bowl, mix together the chocolate chips. Flaked coconut, and chopped pecans. Distribute the mixture evenly over the crust and press down gently. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow the pan to cool completely before chilling it – overnight if you have the time – otherwise chill it for 2 hours.
For best results, cut the dessert into 1x3” - inch bars or 2x2” squares once it is ice cold. Serve the bars at room temperature.
Makes about 25 bars.
For more delicious recipes from Roberto Martin, check out "Vegan Cooking for Carnivores."