This wrap is a favorite, with a great mash-up of strong ingredients; chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, cumin, onions, and lots of garlic.
Makes 4 sandwiches
Prep time: 45 minutes
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 banana pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne, or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, with liquid
- 1 white potato, peeled and finely diced
- 5 whole oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 pieces vegan naan bread or tortillas, heated or toasted
1. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the bottom with a pinch of salt and heat for 1 minute. Add the oil and heat for 1 minute, being careful not to let it smoke. This will create a nonstick effect.
2. Add the carrot, onion, banana pepper, and garlic to the pan and sauté, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the vegetables are just beginning to soften. Add the cumin, red pepper, cayenne, and black pepper to taste and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add the chickpeas and their liquid and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Add the potato and sun-dried tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Serve wrapped in the naan bread or tortillas.