The Abbruscatos' Vegan Holiday Meal: Posole
2 bags of Gardein beefless tips
1 onion, sliced in half
One large 6 lb 9 oz can of hominy, drained and rinsed
4 large cloves of garlic, peeled
2 Tbsps dried oregano
1/4 whole cabbage, thinly sliced
1 onion, peeled, chopped
1 large bunch cilantro, chopped
Several red radishes, thinly sliced
6 limes, cut into wedges
Chopped Serrano chiles, or other chile peppers
Tostadas or tortilla chips
1. Take 2 32oz organic vegetable broth and heat up-add 2 cups of water
2. Add garlic cloves and dried oregano
3. Add TBSP of salt (more or less if desired)
4. Add 1 oz Chile California Powder (add more if desired)
5. Add hominy to broth and cook for about 30 minutes
6. Cook beefless tips, as per bag instructions; let stand for a few minutes, and then add to posole and mix.
7. Prepare the garnishes; arrange in several small bowls.
Serve posole in individual bowls topped with the garnishes of your choice. Serve with corn tostadas or tortilla chips.