Jenna Dewan Tatum's Vegan Spinach and Quinoa Enchiladas
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 red pepper chopped
2 Roma tomatoes chopped
2 cups of quinoa (uncooked)
1 package of spinach, trimmed and chopped
1 4 oz can of green chiles
1 15 oz can of black beans (preferably low sodium)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup picante sauce
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
4 vegan flour tortillas
2 cups red enchilada sauce (I like spicy!)
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella and cheddar Daiya cheese (or vegan cheese of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a 2 quart pot, bring 1.5 quarts of water to a boil and put the quinoa in. Cook until the quinoa is soft and translucent
- In a small pot, heat up the enchilada sauce. Mix in the Daiya cheese and stir until cheese has melted.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, red pepper and garlic, stirring often for 3-5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring often, until spinach is wilted.
- Add quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, spices, green chiles, oregano and picante sauce and cook, stirring often, until mixture is hot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide filling among the tortillas, wrapping them into little burritos.
- Pour 1/3 of the enchilada/cheese sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Place burritos into the baking dish, side by side, seam side down. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with some vegan cheese (if desired) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.