Spaghetti with 'MeatBalls'
Filed Under: Dinner
Filed Under: Dinner, Main Dishes, Tal Ronnen, Healthy Recipes
- Spaghetti -- for variety try brown rice, spelt, quinoa or another type of whole grain pasta
- Meatless meat balls (several varieties are found in the freezer section of your grocery store)
- Favorite tomato sauce
- Salad greens -- like romaine, butter/bib, arugula, red leaf...
- Sliced veggies -- like cucumber, radish, shredded carrot...
- Assortment of fresh herbs - like thyme, basil, oregano, chives, fennel...
- Small shallot
- Garlic clove
- White wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Warm the tomato sauce in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of water with a pinch of salt.
- Cook the meat balls according to package directions / in a hot skillet or bake in a toaster oven until cooked through and crispy.
- Mince the herbs, shallot and garlic and add to 1 part white wine vinegar. Drizzle in 3 parts olive oil, while whisking and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the heated 'meatballs' to the sauce and gently stir.
- Drain and rinse the pasta with hot water, add a little olive oil to coat the noodles. Top with the sauce and ‘meatballs’.
- Toss the salad greens and veggies with the dressing just before serving.