Ultra Healthy Mexican Vegan Chili
Filed Under: Bethenny Frankel, Healthy Recipes
- 1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small can pureed tomatoes
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned red pinto beans
- Sauté onions over medium/high heat in nonstick pan with nonstick spray and add
chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, minced garlic, red pepper, yellow pepper (one color is fine)
- When vegetables are soft, add pureed tomatoes (can says tomato sauce but the only ingredients are unseasoned pureed tomatoes).
- Add zucchini.
- When vegetables are cooked, add red pinto beans if desired. It is even delicious without the red beans!
- Add salt and pepper to taste.