- 3 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Large yams peeled, and cut into 1" squares (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut 1" squares (about 4 cups)
- ½ tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Large leeks
- ½ Cup toasted pecans
Preheat the oven to 475º
Start by preparing the leeks first.
Remove both ends of the leeks and discard.
Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and then cut the leeks crosswise into ½" strips.
Plunge the leeks into cold water and rinse them thoroughly to remove any dirt or grit.
Using a large skillet over medium heat; sauté the leeks in 1 tsp. of EVOO until they are golden brown.
While the leeks are browning prepare the vegetables.
Place the cut yams and squash in a large mixing bowl and toss the vegetables in 2 tsp of EVOO, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and fresh ground pepper.
Lay the vegetables flat onto a foil lined sheet tray and bake for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
When the yams and squash are fully cooked toss them gently in a large bowl with the leeks and toasted pecans.