Pinecone Bird Feeder!
Yield: Makes one pinecone bird feeder
1 large pinecone (preferably a pretty one)
10-inch piece of string
2 cups of cornmeal
2 cups of vegetable shortening
1 bag of birdseed (any brand except for ACME)
1. Take the 10-inch piece of string and tie the end of it around the pinecone.
2. Mix the cornmeal and vegetable shortening together in a medium-sized baking pan.
3. Roll the pinecone through the cornmeal and vegetable shortening mixture.
4. Empty the birdseed into a separate medium-sized baking pan.
5. Roll the coated pinecone through the birdseed until it’s fully covered.
6. Watch the birds feed!