Member Profile

Bern Furey
Name Bern Furey
Joined 456 days ago
Hobbies Reading and just making people laugh or helping people. :)
Bern Furey
You Write, Ellen Responds!

Ellen,

I just wrote you about having fun on your show...I would help you with any funny thing you need help with...It would make my day.:)
HOpe you are well.

Hugs,
Auntie B:)

Bern Furey
Day 1 of 12 Days, and Sexiest Man Alive Adam Levine!

Would love to win something so my sons and I can have something for Christmas and i don't have a car. It is so sad . I have diabetes and I am trying to get healthy but its hard with no job, and as of next week no income because the unemployment extension bill expires..Please my car just broke down...I would just like normal for a day and not struggle. To meet you would be awesome too.
Thanks. Bernadette

Bern Furey
You Write, Ellen Responds!

Ellen,

Would you ever consider having someone that likes to have fun like you on your show? I would love to get people to laugh like you and mostly just have fun with you on the show.?

Bern Furey
You Write, Ellen Responds!

I write here as because of my situation I don't have many people I can call for support and that is why if you search my name on the internet my facebook will not come up. I have another page with my real name and no friends. I work hard to keep this page as private as I can. But my sadness is real and I am living in a very difficult situation...not as bad as those on the street, of whom I pray for daily. But I don't mooch off the government because if I could find a job that paid enough to support myself and my sons I would take it. I prefer to teach but that is not in the cards yet. Even subbing is only 11.88 an hour(before taxes) where Unemployment is at 9.10(with no taxes deducted) an hour....how people can think someone is living high of the hog on that kind of income and having to support three people; I don't get it. They need to pass the extension bill because a lot of the money that I get eventually goes back to the government in the form of taxes in spending, property tax(rent), utilities, and goods that I purchase along with having to pay tax on the amount I receive. Its not free money as it is required for businesses to pay this in. I don't want to live like a pauper forever I want a better life, but I am stuck and I know that where ever I end up working I will do very well and they will be happy I am there. But not having unemployment makes it harder for me to look for work because I am not able to because I have to find ways to make an income on less and thus have to continue living like a pauper. Sometimes and/or often it takes me a whole day to fill out an application for some jobs and complete the whole package with my credentials that are tailored to each place that I apply. I need to to research on the employer to know how to apply so that I hopefully will be picked to interview. It takes time and the little stipend that one gets from UE helps each person to have the time to look for a job that will get them out of a hole and a better consumer thus eventually supporting the economy more. I sometimes feel like there are people that never read my posts because they don't like seeing how I am struggling again....think about it we have had two Christmas's that I was not able to buy gifts and I and we have been struggling for a while and if it were my friend it would be sad. I do have friends that are struggling and I pray for them often. This life I am in is so hard to have to live in survival mode for so long is hard. Please try to understand I write here not for hand outs but because I and we are really hurting and sometimes when you share it with your friends and family you don't feel so alone. It’s very cathartic too and healthy. Some people are I's meaning they process their problems or life within themselves and others or E's or they outwardly solve their problems or life. Our life right now and for the past two years has been very hard in Duluth. I am trying to get healthier but it isn't working but I keep trying. I didn't give up but today when my car died I was very sad and felt like the whole world was against me . I am a person that if I can be there to have at least one person feel happier in a day I am happy. The one thing that made me feel hope today was looking at the great Gitche Gami(Lake Superior) and seeing how still it was yet not frozen where I was looking and it gave me hope...that lake is so healing and spiritual. I move on not knowing what tomorrow will bring but I hope it brings someone to take me grocery shopping tomorrow. Until then I have to find a way to get a car as I think my car is dead for good. I thank the family and friends that have helped me through these hard times and continue to support me in whatever way they can...it means a million to me. But yes my heart is aching as this life is hard for us right now. I just still want to teach because there are so many kids that are misunderstood and need someone who sees them for the gift that they are...and I know that is not a popular way to teach now; but kids will learn so much better and get better scores if they are valued and taught to how they learn best. This requires a lot of extra time for the teacher but it is worth it when you see the smiles on their faces because they feel empowered. I hate it when a kid says they feel dumb because there are no dumb kids just sometimes we all make dumb choices. So, for that reason I can't give up on teaching or on my life even though it’s very hard right now.

Bern Furey
Check In to Viggle!

Please how to I erase my comments from this site? I do not like finding them when I do a search of myself. Thanks.

beantalex52@gmail.com

Bern Furey
Check In to Viggle!

Ellen another reason I'd like to be put in the running for the 20, 000 is to be able to use some of the money to take my sons on a trip to California and stop in Seattle to wish my aunt Happy Birthday for her 80th. I have never been able to afford to pay for a cool trip for the for the 17 years of their life with me. It would be so much fun to do something fun with them before they leave. And to be able to pay my rent for the rest of the summer. :) Thank you but most of all would be fun to see you one day and share our quirkiness. I tend to have fun and am quirky-funny. Ask my friends. :)

Hugs,

Bernadette

Bern Furey
Check In to Viggle!

I am writing about winning the 20,000 dollars. First, I want to thank you for you...as your show is a lifeline for my sons and I. My sons are 17 and next year they graduate and well currently I have been unemployed for a year but I want my sons to be able to have school pictures, go to prom and other things to make their senior year special. If there is any way I could be a winner, we would be so happy. I would share some with another student that needs some fun their senior year at our school. Thanks. Would love to meet you one day too, we could have fun because I like to do fun things like you.:)

Hugs,