Meryl Streep, Vanessa Hudgens

A Hollywood icon, MERYL STREEP is here! Just when it seemed the actress couldn't get any better, she did, earning critical praise and more nominations for her part in the dramedy film "August: Osage County." There's no role too deep, emotional, outlandish or complex for this actor whose career spans almost 40 years, with highlights that include "Kramer vs. Kramer," "Sophie's Choice," "Out of Africa," "Julia & Julia" and her Oscar-winning turn as Margaret Thatcher in "The Iron Lady."

Throughout her cinematic journey, Meryl has received three Oscars (17 nominations) and eight Golden Globes (28 nominations), more than any other actor in the history of both awards, plus two Emmys, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, five New York Film Critics Circle Awards, two BAFTA awards, two Australian Film Institute awards, the AFI Life Achievement Award, the Kennedy Center Honor and the 2010 National Medal of Arts. On top of it all, Meryl always manages to have fun. Like Ellen. Together, they have a blast!

Then, VANESSA HUDGENS talks with Ellen! The actress and singer returns to discuss her movie "Gimme Shelter," and to talk about all that's transpired in the years since she was last on the stage. Music, pizzazz and theatrics made Vanessa a young star in the popular Disney film "High School Musical," but her recent career choices have shown a more mature risk-taker with talent, beauty and an alluring mystique... think "Spring Breakers," "Machete Kills" and "Frozen Ground." Her latest role is the true story of a pregnant teen who sets out to redefine her family. Vanessa said it was a part that "wrecked her," and represents a side of the actress never before seen on screen. Ellen will get the details on this amazing challenge, as well as updates on life and love when Vanessa stops by today!

On Friday, Ellen talks to two dynamic actresses!

Comments

(Page 2 of 3) Newer123Older
Terry Swope

Hi, Ellen! You are amazing! Just thought I'd give you the answer to the Tupperware problem... My daughter, a former Tupperware representative, couldn't help with her expertise on the subject.(Apparently not an expert!) I, too have the same problem with a few of my pieces. Anyway, the answer; THE POLAR VORTEX ! Have a great day, and keep cracking me up. Terry S.

Kimberly Breese

Dear Ellen,
I was watching your show today and I saw the question pop up "Do you know someone who needs a new car"? I do know someone who desperately needs a new car. My boyfriend is disabled and has 3 teenage daughters. Last year he had an accident and totaled my GMC Jimmy SUV. That vehicle was the only vehicle we had that he could get in and out of to drive comfortably due to his disability. He has Ankylosing Spondelitis and osteo-perosis. All these conditions cause serious pain and flexibility issues for him, so getting in and out of the car we have now is terribly painful. We have a 1994 Honda accord, 2 door and getting 3 teenage girls in the back seat and fitting his 6 foot frame into such a small car is very difficult and painful. I have a 20 year old daughter and Its impossible for all 6 of us to go anywhere together because we only have the 1 small car and I feel bad for him and the kids. He is such a wonderful man and loving involved father I hate to see him missing out on family events because the whole family doesn't fit or its too painful for him to squeeze into the tiny car. We have had a very rough year and getting a new car would mean so much to our family we would be eternally grateful. He deserves it so much for everything he has done for the family. Fighting through his pain to be there for the girls every day, choosing to reduce the amount of medication he takes so he can be present for the kids helping them with homework, cooking dinner every night, instead of a drugged zombie. Please make his wish come true, he is so deserving. Thank you so much for your consideration. I am a huge fan and enjoy your show immensely!
Sincerely,
Kimberly Breese
jensmama2000@yahoo.com

Levator Sumling

Ellen run the lid under some warm water. If that does work and you would like a new lid please email me and I will replace it for you. I sell Tupperware. Lsumling@tupperware.com

Krista

Hi Ellen!
I have your solution to your Tupperware lid problem. Run your lid under warm water until it gets soft and the lid will fit! If that doesn't work, let the lid sit in warm water for a few minutes and put back on the container. I promise it will work!

Susan Giffin-Huey

While watching the interview with Meryl Streep (fabulous!) I saw a post to win tickets to the Super Bowl.I'd love to see "Mama Blue" win tickets! She lives in Seattle and LOVES "her boys." She is a dyed in the wool Seahawk fan. She has attended almost every game, except when she was hospitalized. I do not know her, or her "real" name, but it seems she should be the logical choice to cheer on our Hawks at the Super Bowl. She is older than I, (61) and has rooted the team on for 37 years, as have I. I don't know her nor have contact information but I'm sure the Seahawk organization could help find her. WE love our Hawks and this is such a magical season. Thank you for considering her, and GO HAWKS!!
Love you and all the kindness you shower on people.
Susan Huey

Adrienne Hart

Just wanted to note that the episode today with Meryl Streep imitating different voices and situations with her voice while reading
was absolutely hilarious . someone should in fact consider making some type of board game with this .

i enjoy your show very much !

adrienne hart / timmins ,ontario, canada

Nancy Murphy

Meryl Streep is so talented & a good sport!!!
She also has a great sense of humor.

Nancy Murphy

Meryl Streep is so funny & a real good sport!!!

Eileen Miner

What a great show with Meryl. When my son won a National Scholastic Art Award she spoke at the awards ceremony and actually said she was not a good public speaker. Really! I even got a photo of my sons work shown on the screen above her speaking. A magic moment on so many levels.

Again a great show with a great you!

MARLYS SUSHOREBA

YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME FOR THIS INFORMATION. CLICK CLICKS ELLEN! YES, CLICK CLICKS! THAT'S WHAT YOU NEED. 60 YEARS WITH TUPPERWARE AND I FINALLY HAD TO CALL IT QUITS. THEY ARE GLASS CONTAINERS THAT CLICK ON ALL FOUR SIDES WHEN YOU TOP SOMETHING. $ 25. AT COSTCO, SET OF 8. SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN PLASTIC. (YOU JUST SHOULDN'T EVER PUT YOUR FOOD IN PLASTIC ANYMORE) WAY TOO TOXIC. I'VE BEEN GIVING THEM AS GIFTS AND EVERYONE I'VE GIVEN THEM TO WRITES TO LET ME KNOW HOW THEY CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM! SISTER GOT HOME FROM CHRISTMAS AND BEFORE GOING TO BED USED ALL 8 OF THEM! THEY ARE WONDERFUL!

Diane Rudnik

Ellen,

I laughed so hard during Meryl's segment reading the various cards. Thank you so much! I had been feeling down because I still haven't found a new job and this picked me up again. I try to catch your show every day because it really makes me feel better. Thanks again!!

Rendi Guyton

What was the boys name that did the Vine videos?? My kids would love to see those!! Thank you!!!

2 Replies
carlene thompson

hello ellen
i keep getting your email back that i have not quailified yet.
your message tells me to conform to your email but i cannot get the
email address to work sorry but my little singer and dancer want to meet shopia grace and rosie....izabell loves you and your show
she is also six and very anxious......grandma carlene721@att.net

Ann Mellinger

Hi Ellen! I love your show! Meryl Streep is so awesome, she is one of the most talented actresses of all time. She is amazing at everything she does. She is beautiful and funny. I loved when she read the cards on your show today.

Lee

If you don't have these lids Ellen you need to check them out.

(Page 2 of 3) Newer123Older