Ben Stiller, Steve Coogan

Back to bring the funny, BEN STILLER is here! The star of "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" continues to challenge the depths of his comic abilities with a film that takes on the life and adventure of a mind's imagination. Ben always has something new in development, and what he brings to Ellen's chair is genuinely unique and hilarious. The actor recently produced the online comedy series "Burning Love," adding to a resume that includes credits like "Starsky & Hutch," "Meet the Parents" and "The Royal Tenenbaums." With "Zoolander 2" in the works along with three other films, the star shares secrets of his own when he talks to Ellen again.

STEVE COOGAN keeps the laughs coming when he talks to Ellen about his film, "Philomena," a movie he not only stars in, he also wrote it! The film won Best Screenplay at the 2013 Venice Film Festival and received several Academy Award nominations. Distinctly British yet universally magical, "Philomena" shows an exciting and dramatic side of the British satirist known for his roles in movies like "Ruby Sparks," "Happy Endings" and "The Indian in the Cupboard," as well as the BBC TV series "I'm Alan Partridge." Steve will show off his most amusing side to Ellen!

The British fusion continues when UK band BASTILLE performs from their debut album, "Bad Blood." Their #1 hit "Pompeii" garnered over 45 million views on YouTube, and the English rock quartet used that momentum to earn international acclaim. After hitting festivals around the world and joining superstar rock band Muse on tour, they come to town to show Ellen what they've got!

BRANDON NIEDERAUER, 10-year-old guitar prodigy, will match the talent at hand with his own performance to stun the crowd. Step aside Slash, a new star is on the rise, and he's ready to mesmerize Ellen with his sensational riffs!

On Monday, Ellen explores the world of entertainment!

Comments

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older
Petra

hey ellen I like you very much but i will like you much more if you let me meet one direction I like the giant lot and I want so squill meet them but I'm only 11 years so I hope you can Timmy my dream love you from Petra

pam cowell

Ellen I am writing for the home makeover.. My husband & I live in his family home & it is full of mold. We are trying to get a home loan to bye out his brother & sister when things all went so wrong when his sister went in for a hip replacement & never recovered.. So when we had the loan all set his brother in law had to go through court to be appointed executive of her will. Now we are struggling.. He was out of work for 6 months.. He ended up hospitalized for his breathing.. All Tell us it is full of mold & unsafe to live in but this is our home. His home growing up. He is a disabled navy Vet because of bad knees & neck can not perform his job like he used to. He is a letter carrier for 32 years with his military service. We have had a rough few years & really have no family left around us.. My mom passed away of lung cancer in Oct.2008, The day after we laid her to rest my step dad (her husband)was killed in a motor cycle accident. A week to the day after we waked our mom we had to wake our dad in the exact same room same place. If I could have anything I would like to do this for my husband We are just not lucky in life.. Only when we found each other. If there is anything you could do for us it would really be appreciated.. I have also just lost my job.. Seems like we lose everything in life that matters to us.

Lynne

Just like everyone else I love the Ellen show and her silly sense of humor but I feel that it was inappropriate how you changed Loni Love's profile on Christian Mingles.

Carolyn

That little segment on the show is not even a sliver of what this kid can do. A friend of mine is a professional musician and plays at a club in the French Quarter. Brandon and his mom showed up a club and the band let him take the stage to play a little. Babe he took over and rocked the club all night. Brandon will be one the great guitar legends.

Connie S Meinders

Loved the show today,Ben Stiller is the greatest.:)
Have a great evening Ellen.

catherine deasy

Dear Ellen;
I love your show it brings me laughter and joy all the time. But today's show just made me cry.
Your guest Steve Coggan star in Philomena made light of a very serious subject that breaks my heart.
I am a living victim of a birth mom who was locked up in Ireland for 40 years for being pregnant with me. She presented at Bessboro Cork Ireland convent called (mother-baby home) in 1953 and delivered me in April of 1954. I was stripped from her womb and sent to adjoining building with many other babies and we lived there separated from our birth moms.
My birth mom was caught late at night putting baby booties on me in nursery area and punished severely and transferred to Magdalene Laundries miles away from me where she worked her self according to nuns "to repent for her sins" and was never to see me again!!
I was later flown out of Ireland at age 4 and half to be adopted via mail order by an awaiting adopted family in New York City.
The abandonment issues last a life time. I was one of the lucky ones. For despite the lies and walls I had to break down to find my birth mom for over 20 years was horrific. The self loathing of not feeling wanted for over half my life as my birth mom felt also has been horrific. But I was reunited with my birth mom in 2002. I went back to Ireland and had tea and biscuits with her and all she did was cry as I tried to remain strong and assure her I would not go away again and I would remain in her life. I had 7 years with her. Flying back and forth over 14 times to see her and visit and find out what happened to me. What was my health history. Do I have a birth certificate. Many questions were answered. My birth mom died October 2009. I still feel the loss. I just returned from Ireland and visited with all my cousins but my heart is still hurt and I feel like a lost soul.
Philomena Lee the subject of this movie left out many facts. Philomena is a wonderful movie but I unfortunately saw it in Ireland 4 weeks ago with no support and am still crying and very depressed.
Dame Judith Dench met Philomena Lee and was moved by her story and most definitely wanted to represent her respectfully in this movie and the two woman have developed a friendship now and see each other in England often.
Steven Coogan could of told you the true story of the heartbreaking TRUE story of Philomena Lee and her search for her son but he chose to be full of laughter and do comedic skit of his impersonations of other actors. I was not amused.
Philomena was pregnant with son Anthony at Sean Ross Abbey Ireland mother baby home. She got to see Anthony for 1 hour a day and then when he was about my age 4 years old was sold by nuns to USA family without her consent. Philomena was then released and moved to England. Heartbreaking all around.
Ellen even if you read book you do not get the truth. But talk to Philomena or many of us what we are called "banished babies" and you will know the truth. For that is what you are all about! The truth.
My birth mom worked in the laundries 6 days a week no pay--no talking-hardly fed-never got to see the outside of those big brick walls with twisted iron wires around the whole complex. It was horrible for her.
Many mothers and babies/children who died on grounds of Good Shepard Home were buried in one mass grave. Unlike the wonderful one grave for her Anthony.
That was done for he had a loving and compassionate partner.
I could go on--but I won't--its too painful.
Ellen do what you will with this post but I will continue to cry and probably die like my birth mom a very lonely broken hearted woman.
I have had my joys but I know--since seeing Philomena have fallen apart!! Holidays I can't do it!! The loss of my partner of 28 years 12 days before my birth mom in 2009 have sent me thinking now of all the losses and all the loves lost.
I am a very giving loving wonderful person--but I have run out of love and have handed in my registered nurse career to just sit here with my dogs and I don't know what is ahead for me.
I live in a mobile home that my partner left me along with her cute little dog. Now I take care of 4 dogs and I am out of gas. I am worn out and don't know where to turn.
Just wanted to tell you though that today's show did not bring a smile to my face for Steve Coogan was self centered and forgot to mention that many (thousands) of us banished babies (now grown) and many mothers looking for there children still goes on today. I feel so sad--so empty. Happy Holidays Ellen to you and your family.
I just wanted to express the truth of all the Philomena's out there still today and about all of us grown up children still searching and crying over the losses we have lived with for many many years.
Sincerely---Catherine Deasy (954)596-8083

Corine Spence

Ben Stiller lol like father like son Jerry Stiller. lol

nina
Laura Blackstock

I had cold chills looking at your audience while they were contemplating having a tarantula under their chair!! You really know how to shake us up!
The young man is mind blowing!!!

sue miller

ellen love your shows!try to watch everyday!! you are so silly! luv it

BX2 Band

Brandon's band BX2 has a website! Go to www.BX2BAND.com for all things BX2!!!

BX2 Band

Brandon has a band named BX2! Please visit our website at www.bx2band.com for all things BX2!

Mary Harding

Hoi Ellen can't wait to see today's show I Like Ben Stiller ,think he's funny ,and just wanted to day hi,Its only 11:30am but had to leave a message to you there's always something funny ,great and amusing when your on,here's kisses to you,wife,mom family ,animals , (*_*)

Gary Bullock

Ben Stiller is a riot. Ever sense, Something about Mary, I laugh just looking at him

nina

That kid is incredible!!! his name is BRANDON NIEDERAUER and he has a facebook:

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older