When Errand Frazier heard a tiny meow coming from somewhere inside his truck, he knew he had only one option -- cut the vehicle open.

Unknown

The 50-year-old from Vero Beach, FL is disabled and currently on indefinite leave from work, but didn’t think twice about the potential setback he might incur from damaging his truck. For Frazier, the cat was too important.

“The truck is a [material] thing,” he tells Ellen’s Good News. “That little kitten is a life.”

A longtime animal lover, Frazier says he was in his backyard watering the garden last week when he saw the animal run past him and into the woods. He made several attempts to locate the lost feline, but to no avail.

Later, he went down the road to go fishing, when he began to hear a meow coming from the interior of his truck.

“The first thing I thought was that this was the little kitten I’d seen shoot through my yard,” Frazier recalls. “I tried to look up under the car, but I couldn’t see because I’m blind in my right eye. I raised the hood to see if there was a cat anywhere around my engine.”

When he couldn’t find anything, he decided to cut into the truck. With a sledge hammer, chisel and sheet metal cutters, he carved out a hole in the side of the vehicle, and discovered the hitchhiking kitty inside.

Unknown-1

Frazier wasn’t sure if the animal was injured or how best to remove her from the car, so, after making a few phone calls, he slowly drove her to the local humane society where she was removed and assisted.

Shortly thereafter, the kitten was adopted.

“When that little kitten ran into this yard by herself, and then she ran into my truck, she was telling me she needed my help,” Frazier says. “She was an angel… it brought tears to my eyes to be a hero to save a kitten.”

It seems that the kitten might be saying the same about Frazier!

Unfortunately, Frazier and his wife Cindy are both on disability and can’t afford to repair the truck. While financial strain never crossed Frazier’s mind throughout the process, the humane society and local supporters have started a "kitty truck fund" to help raise money so the couple can fix the vehicle or get a new one.

“It’s unbelievable, it’s a big blessing,” Frazier says. “It makes me feel that there’s someone out there in the world that loves me… it really makes me feel spiritually uplifted.”

If you want to donate to Frazier’s truck fund, check out the Humane Society donation page here

Comments

Loretta Dye

With there being extra money coming in now that the truck is taken care of, half of the other money should go to the family then half to humane society.

Connie

I can't believe how RUDE and condescending some of you are. Frazier is a hero. How many of you would hack away at your vehicle to rescue a kitten? I'll bet the number is less than one. I think what he did is commendable. As for his disability...walk a day in his shoes. You have no idea what you're talking about. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. I HOPE Ellen does give him a new vehicle and money! Thank you for what you did Frazier. You are a decent human being which is more than what I can say about a lot of people who commented about you and your situation!

al

@connie hall: You have clearly lost the plot; but nice job making this story about everything other than what it's about. The man did a beautiful thing, and you attack him for not APPEARING disabled to you. Must everyone who has a disability first prove it to you before performing a sweet, noble gesture to another living being? Would that shut you up? Are you a photo diagnostician? Who died and made you the disability x-ray machine for both he and his wife (who is not even pictured but still provokes your undeserved wrath)? I guess I won't expect you to do a charitable thing anytime soon.

LarryAPeery

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, go to tech tab for work detail....... http://www.workbarr.com

Rebecca

@Connie hall, does it also anger you when people on food stamps have clothes without holes in them? Perhaps you should consider a less judgemental approach. Good people are hard to find in this world, and this man should be applauded. No life is unimportant, no matter what the cost. Except bed bugs and roaches. Kill those bastards.

connie hall

He and his wife are BOTH disabled? He looks very able to me. I AM able and it would be hard for me to use a sledge hammer, sheet metal cutters, chisel......

2 Replies
connie hall

He and his wife BOTH on disability? He looks very able to me.....

4 Replies
Viktor Tilson - Artist

Wow I could certainly use a can opener as good as that.......Maybe car makers should start putting ring pulls at various point around vehicles for just such an event :-)
Tad too cute a story to be true, strongly suspect the kitty was paid for the stunt !

Holly

Um...does anyone else think these pictures look Photoshopped?

Alexandra

MARY SO WHAT If We GONNA SEE HIM ON ELLEN'S HOW? I HOPE HE IS GETTING A NEW CAR BECAUSE HE IS A HERO OF COURSE! OMG PEOPLE YOU ARE SO JEALOUS!!!

Sue McNally

Something similar happened to my husband. He's an auto mechanic. He pulled a customer's car into the shop, opened the hood and out flew a tiny kitten! Scared out of it's mind! It was not the customer's cat. The customer had just traveled 20 miles on the highway! This poor little thing was in there. Thank goodness he was so small, as he was able to avoid injury. My husband eventually found this traumatized kitty in a corner. They called animal control and the baby was quickly adopted.

Vasiliki Vetta

There is still hope ..... God Bless you Ellen for bringing up that news !

Kendal

A beautiful thing you did Frazier, nothing is more important then a living being, your karma will come around 3 fold!

mary

so will we be seeing him on your show in a few weeks getting a new car??? he did do a good thing tho

Sandy Russell

Thanks for caring Frazier, all the best to you and your family
From one fur lover to another.