Message from Ellen

April has been incredible -- so warm, so bright, and our living room has never looked cleaner. Did I mention April is our housekeeper?

This week, I’ve got some really wonderful guests on my show. Ryan Seacrest is here! He’s one of the busiest people I know. He hosts "American Idol," he’s a radio DJ, he executive produces TV shows, and you may not know this, but he comes over every weekend to mow our lawn.

I’ve also got a guy who’s so cool, it’s his middle name. That’s right, LL Cool J is in the house! He’s here with another special guest -- our good friend Tony Okungbowa! I can’t wait to catch up with them.

Plus, it’s the return of one of the cutest guests we’ve ever met. Kai Langer may only be 5 years old, but when he sings, get ready ladies, because he really knows how to turn on the charm. Bruno Mars has nothin’ on him.

If you’ve been watching "Dancing with the Stars," you’ll be excited to know Amy Purdy is here with her dance partner, Derek Hough! She’s one of the most inspiring contestants ever on the show. She’s telling me her incredible story, and I betcha they’re gonna dance, too.

"GMA" host Robin Roberts is dropping by! She’s had an amazing year, full of a lot of huge victories, like beating cancer. I’m so glad she’s healthy and happy and here to talk about it.

The hilarious Seth Rogen is here to tell me about the new movie he’s starring in with Zac Efron. I hope someone’s told him about the tradition of my guests bringing me shirtless photos of their co-stars.

Also, for all you “Mad Men” fans, Joan is here for the first time! The lovely Christina Hendricks is telling me about the final season of her hit show, and while she’s here, she’s going to whip my office into shipshape.

I’ve also got a supermodel, a singer, and the former First Lady of France. It’s hard to believe they’re all the same person. Carla Bruni is going to perform!

If that doesn’t give you something to look forward to this week, I don’t know what will!

ellen_signature_blue

--Ellen

Comments

(Page 1 of 14) 1234567Older
Christie Curbo

I'm a 55 yr. old, single woman living in a small town in Arkansas. I am a small business owner and part time sports writer. Along with my business I am also project manager for two charitable organizations. The first, Angel Tree, that provides Christmas gifts to low income children who's families aren't able to buy for them. The second, KidzRap, I started several weeks ago after an elementary school counselor and I were talking and she told me of the dozens of children who arrive at school everyday in need of good quality clothing. She's even seen children come to school wearing the same clothes for 5 days. In my own business I've helped numerous children with clothes and paid for them out of my pocket, I'm no longer able to do this. This project can only operate with donations of clothing and monetary donations. At this point I've had very little help with either. We are a very poor area of our state but I feel this project, if successful will help these children. My motto for KidzRap is, If a child comes to school dressed in clothing he/she is proud of then he will be able to learn during class instead of worrying about looking different than his classmates. Ellen, I know how you are about children and watch daily as you show so much compassion and love to them. If there is anyway you can help us get this project up and running you will make a ton of kids so happy.
Hoping to hear from you soon. (870) 581-0453
Love,
Christie Curbo
P.S. I have a friend Eva, that dances exactly like you. You could be sisters and she's almost as funny as you are.

lascelles

good day ellen this is lascelles i love your show an i love you too an the good work that are doing keep it god bless you an your good work

Maria Concepcion

You are about the most fabulous personality on TV!!!!! Love your show...........you are my companion while i do dialysis.......... thank you.

One day I hope to visit................in person.

God bless you and your entire staff!!!!!

Lyudmila

Great show! Thank you!

penny cornett

Feeling better! Went to beach this morning to sort things out in my mind and it helped! I realize my biopsy can be negative and its being done in my doctors office so I dont have to worry about waking up boobless! I' ll have time to decide what to do or not do if it is cancer! The thing that scares me the most is that everything else in my life I am facing this alone! I hope your shows are extra funny on Mon. and Tues.! I'll need a distraction! My biopsy is schuled for the exact time your show starts on Wed, so of course I'll miss it but my doc says I will get the results before I leave his office that day! So lf you do read this, just remember me with happy thoughts on Wednesday! Thanks! Love ya!

Virginia tirrell

Sounds like a really good week of the Ellen show

Linda Doyle

I'm trying to get tickets for your show, My husband and I are going to visit my niece who lives in California. The 3 of us would love to come to your show. When I go on the site to get tickets and click on the calendar nothing happens. We would like 3 tickets for July 16, 2014. My niece thinks you be off in the summer months.
Also my birthday is on Mother's Day this year. My youngest son is 32 years old, I have two other boys. I know your having a Mother's Day day next week, although I'm not pregnant, maybe you give me a shout out.
Thanks,
Linda Doyle

penny cornett

Wow! I just got a call about the results of my mamogram and its not good! I go back next Wed. For a biopsey! Happy Mother's Day to me! I am scared and have no one to turn to!

penny cornett

Your show yesterday bothered me because the so called needy couple lived in a beautiful, expensive apartment very nicely furnished and were dressed expensively! It was like the super rich helping the lower level rich. There are really needy people that we would all like to see helped! Try living on $300 a month! I do and I am not asking for help just some justice in this world!!!

Nancy Williams

Ellen-
I have been the Director of the Robert A. DeLeo/Winthrop Senior Center for 27 years in our hometown. During that time, I have met some fascinating people - veterans of several wars ( one a Pearl Harbor Survivor)
Mr. Eruzione (father to Olympian Mike who scored the winning goal years ago in hockey to retrieve the gold, the Governor of Mass., Congressmen and women, but more importantly, have helped a growing number of people who are aging and need assistance. The baby boomers are now joining the rank of senior citizen and has us on our toes every day.
In a world where it seems civility and respect have gone out the window, I know our elders must be thinking, sometimes saying, "what kind of world is it we live in today". I love when you end your show with,"be kind to one another". It is really simple isn't it. Be kind and the world will be a better place. So, I now end our monthly senior newsletter at the end of the Director's message with, "be kind to one another". Hopefully, we can influence others to do the same.
I get home as at about 4:15 and then turn your program on. I love the fact that you are positive, exude humor (laughter is the best medicine) and caring. Never lose your sense of self because that is what makes you so special!
One of these days, I would love to meet you or have you visit our Senior Center. We are the home of Mike Eruzione-Hockey Olympian, and Boston is right next door which is the home of many winning teams, The New England Patriots, The Boston Bruins, and the Boston Celtics. We could have a great big party at the Senior Center, and also invite the Speaker of the House, Robert A. DeLeo who our building is named after and has always supported the elders in our community.
Hope to meet you in the near future!
Nancy Williams
Director - Robert A. DeLeo/Winthrop Senior Center

Trisette Grebe

Love! Love! your show Ellen, you really make me laugh and your smile is great* even in my worst stressful time. I am ready at 4 pm every day to watch your show and wonder when it will be my turn to be present at one of your shows. You help many people in need and that is a really wonderful blessing, I wish I will be able to get your Give-aways but I think I am not that lucky, I know this- as in the later part of 2013 going on to 2014 I have been very unlucky and I am struggling with stress- your show makes me lighten up and your help to the needy makes me feel happy for them.

A.E.  Silva

Ellen i think you are awesome, I watch your show everyday... :) I am retired and I will love to see you and your show in person. I participated in the "New York ~ 10 Days to Win 12 Days contest" hoping that I could be a winner,,, Please Thank you and may God Bless you! ♥

Brenda Shirley

Ellen my wife is one of your biggest fans she enjoys your show everyday. She has alot of health problems but she goes on everyday. she lost her mother almost ten years ago, but she took care of her until she died. When i was hurt she took care me. she always takes care of everybody else she never asks for anything. 2 years ago she lost her leg to diabetes and she still takes care of me. Neither one of us are able to work anymore so money is very tight. we are unable to travel very much I would love to give her a special day to show her how much i appreciate her. Maybe you could help she will probably kill me if she finds out i wrote this because she does not like attention for what she does. Thank you !! Tim Shirley

Gale Winchester

Hi Ellen, I am sorry that I have not written to you in a while. I have been spending time with my sister. She has cancer. I found out more about the kind of cancer she has. It is the same one that Robin Roberts has. And next month she is having the bone marrow transplant. I know I will not be able to see her for a month. And there is a chance that when she comes home. Even then I might not be able to spend time with my sister. But your show does keep me going each day. I am so happy that I have you to help me through this. I was wondering if you could send me a copy of Robin Roberts book that she has sign. I know my sister would really like to read how Robin made it through all this. Thank you again for everything. Love you fan Gale Winchester

Sandra L. Quinones

Greetings Ellen,
To say I LOVE your show would be an understatement! Since being diagnosed w/& dealing w/breast cancer since 11/2012, I've spent a lot of time recovering from various surgeries, treatments, etc, & in doing so - been watching a lot of your show. Your show is by far the best when it comes to that all over good feeling one gets - from you, your guests, your awesome staff, your surprises from time to time, and just about everything......your show hits the nail on the head.......and for that I thank you soooooooo very very much. You put things into perspective, if you will,.....like when Robin Roberts was on this past week......and her "Everybody's got something" book,.....that was AWESOME! And oh soooo true, EVERYONE's got something! With the help of my fabullous partner (of 27+yrs - we JUST married this past Oct 2013), my good friends/family and my felines,.....I've dealt w/a lot on the Pink Ribbon Journey of mine,.......not quite over it all yet, but....you get up and deal every day until it is...... And as I've been saying all along - "it is what it is and it sure as hell beats the alternative". Thank you for all you do, Ellen......... YOU ROCK! :) XO

(Page 1 of 14) 1234567Older