Drive a Mazda!

Mazda gave a brand new Mazda 3 5-Door to Sharon Bustamante, a first-generation college student who works two jobs just to pay her tuition. The 2014 Mazda 3 5-Door is equipped with voice command navigation. You can even access Twitter and Facebook from your car! Find out how you can own a Mazda 3 5-Door, here.

Comments

JoAnne Brown

I was going to ask you for a car by telling you how much I deserved it, but then I started reading all these other requests for cars and I realized how ridiculous it would be for me to have a new car when there are so many others in such need for medical appointments and life-depending reasons. I was even going to attach a 10-second video watching the mileage on my old Subaru change from 199999 to 200000. I could give you a list of how deserving I am of a new Mazda, but I am afraid it would pale in comparison to some of these others I am reading. Oh, I love how the people cry from happiness when they receive your gifts. I watch your show every day; I love Lonnie and Twitch so much, and Jeannie and Amy - and Adam, and Andy . . all of them; they are so great, so funny, and they all clearly love their jobs working with you. I am coming to LA on June 26-22 but you're not going to be there, so I was hoping that I could at least stop by and see the studio. Is that possible? Can I shop in the Ellen store? I bought Ellen underwear online for my goddaughter for Christmas, and I got me a pair too. I love your show, your spirit, your generosity, your kindness, and your weird, rascal-like sense of humor. I guess I'll just watch re-runs all summer.

Yvonne russell

Hi Ellen I watch your show when I can and today I was getting ready to leave and saw a sign come across the bottom of the screen say do you know someone who needs a car. My son is going to school full time lives in a apt complex and works at walmart. He has struggled for the last two years with keeping his blazer going between all other bills that come. I have to help keep food in the apt he does not want to ask for help from me because I help so much he lives three hour away and I can only rely on what he tells me with rent at 650.00 a month it is hard for him to make it. his insurance was cancelled from walmart when they cut his hours he is on asthma meds and one month dose inhaler is over three hundred so now I pay to get him insurance he received 600.00 tax check and the blazer with over 200 thousand miles blew a head gasket so that's is where that went he has drove through the winter without a heater just enough to kinda clear windshield I have been trying to keep him from being discouraged so he can finish collage he has one more full year. I love seeing him come home but being three hours away school and work very few trips are made with 70.00 a tank to come home on. I would appreciate your kindness to consider him a candidate for the car but I'm sure there are more people who are worse off thank you for listening
A concerned mother

Maranda Niehaus

Hello Ellen,
I was recently watching your show and you said if I knew of anyone in need of a car to go to your website. Is it okay if I need a car? Lol. My vehicle I have now is a 2002 Dodge Caravan that has 218,000 plus miles on it. I recently hit a deer and didn't have the appropriate insurance to get it fixed. I also had transmission problems with it last year and now when it downshifts into first gear it jerks really bad. I am a divorced, single mother of a five year old son. I work and I currently enrolled myself back into college for nursing. I travel 32 miles one way to work and on school days I travel 45 miles one way to get there. If my current vehicle did break down for good I would have no way of replacing it. I live paycheck to paycheck. I would really feel blessed if I could drive my son and myself around in something more dependable to and from the places we need to go. If you could help me Ellen I would forever be grateful.

Maranda Niehaus

Judy Toy

Ellen, First of all I love your show. Every time you help somebody I sit her and cry because I know how hard some people have it and I am so happy for them. Ellen, I need a car so bad, I have several health problems and have no way to get to my doctor appointments. My care died two years ago and I have not been able to afford to get one. I live off my disability and small pension and it gets harder every month. I live in the North East, Boyertown, Pa and this Winter has been brutal. I keep my thermostat at 58 and heat mostly with wood to keep my expenses down, but with this cold weather I went through more oil and wood then any other year. My credit cards are maxed just trying to survive. I would be forever grateful if you would help me. I used to earn a little money babysitting my grandchildren, but my son just lost his job. I would love to work part-time but I do not have any transportation. I need to get out of the house, this winter has keep me indoors and boy, do I have cabin fever. Ellen, help me get out of this house! Bless you!
Judy

Judy Toy

Judy

Judy Toy

Judy

Terri Baer

Hi Ellen! My two daughters and I love your show-in fact I thought you were the funniest woman comedian before you even had a talk show! But today my older daughter and husband were watching your show and all of us were laughing out loud!
You mentioned that you needed names of people that needed a new car and I immediately thought of my oldest daughter. She is in college right now, paying for it herself, and working at a job 45 minutes away each way. She had A+ when she started college a year ago which was great, but during her mid-terms she had an episode of kidney stones which caused her to miss her final in algebra. She was passing not one, but two stones at a time and by the time they passed, 8 days had gone by. Needless to say, she missed her test and received an F, which then caused her to lose her A+. She waited a year, saved her money and started again paying her own way this time. I am happy to say that her grades are so good that she should get into the A+ program at the end of this quarter.
Now, about her car....in the last year, she has put more oil in it than ever and the last two weeks, she lost her power steering (not just fluid-it's something to do with electrical system) and her fuel pump appears to be going out! She is saving so hard to keep ahead of her college bills and is making her final payment in April on this car after 5 years, so she can't afford a different one right now. What I really wish is that you knew how dedicated and driven (no pun intended!) she is and I am so proud of her and respect what a wonderful person she is growing up to be. I really thought her younger sister's car would be the first to drop dead since it is older and she drives what her friends affectionately call her "grandma car"!! But she is still plugging away and it is Colby's car we are so worried about. Living in the hills and driving 45 min to work really worry me, so we try to carpool as much as we can, but a different car would be incredible! It doesn't even have to be brand new! It would just really honor her that we know how hard she has been working and studying.
Thanks for listening and thanks so much for brightening our world with laughter!

Rita Saavedra

Ellen, I'm writing because I saw a student recently get a Mazda on your show and it stated if I know someone who needs a car to check your website. My sister Yolanda who lives in San Antonio, Texas, is in desperate need of a car. Right now she works for J.C. Penny and is getting ready to take a test to be a nurse. The clunker she had died and was not worth fixing. Right now she takes the bus to work. Texas has some very cold weather and it worries me when she has to take the bus late at night to get home. I would love it if she could get a car. Thank you.

Joann Hopkins

Hi Ellen,It's president's day.I loved you show to day and the guest,Bradly Cooper and the little boy was so cute and the dance moves was fun to watch.I liked the 2014 Mazda,My old car is a old 200 Toreus it's a gas hog.Love your show.See ya later.Joann Hopkins

Pearl Bolton

Ellen,what I like most about your show is that u play all type of music and the crowed enjoy it I look to see if they sit while u play music they do not understand but they jump right on up keep up the good work I have to go now my daughter want her I-pod thank u