"You should never let someone else determine your self worth."

--Ellen to "American Idol" castoff Jessica Bassett

Comments

(Page 1 of 3) 123Older
Darla Nelson

Ellen, I know the chance of this happen is one in a million but it's worth a try..... My daughter thinks the world of you. I would personally like to invite you to my daughter's fund raiser (given by her classmates) on March 22, 2014 at the Elks Lodge in Clinton, Ill. From 5:00pm to 9:00pm.---see Darah's Heart & Soul on Facebook-(Darah will be at the event) Love...her mother, Darla.

Auctions, Food, and Supporting Darah Jean! What more could you ask for on a Saturday evening?

At the event, participants will have the opportunity to bid on items during both live and silent auctions, for a chance to win items, services, and gift cards from local retailers.

All proceeds will benefit Darah (Nelson) Zwiefel, a survivor of four open-heart surgeries, a stroke, and a fight for her life against a devastating and mysterious heart infection. Our goal is to raise as much money as possible to help minimize her overwhelming medical bills.

Clinton Elks Lodge #785
1520 East South Street, Clinton, Illinois 61727
View Map ยท Get Directions

Linda

Just looked for link to Jessica's song on iTunes and had no luck. Any ideas?

Bev McDonald

Can't find link to Jessica Bassett free itunes download???

anthony

At 43yo and trying to work through learning to forgive myself for a lifetime of errors. Music has always been my therapeutic outlet. Estranged from my family music was so much more than just a song. This song was amazing and immediately captured me. Jessica is going to go far - really powerful message. I wish I could find it on your website or on iTunes! Please update us when it comes available!

Karen Unseld

Went to itunes store shortly after seeing your show today, 2/4/14, around 6 pm, could not find Jessica's free tune "Lydia".
Tried again between 11 and 11:30 pm on itunes. Searched for "Jessica Bassett" or "Lydia" and "Lidia" all "ellen" links. Also searched for "free" or "Free music". Then went to ellentv.com and watched the vidio again to look for clues. NO LUCK. My hubby and I really like this tune and want it. He's an ex-folk singer from the 60's of no fame and loves the guitar work and unique voice and beauty of Jessica. She needs a record deal!!!

Kimberly

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT SHE IS TOTALLY A STAR !!!!! ABSOLUUTELY INCREDIBLE !!! AMERICAN IDOL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.....EXCEPT FOR JENNIFER LOPEZ.

Martha

I also tried downloading it from iTunes and could not be found. Where do we find it?

JT

After the Idol show last week I couldn't get that tune out of my head so I went back on the DVR and found her name and song.I googled her name andlistened to her other songs. I was thrilled to see that she was going to be on your show today. Also interesting she got cut, but her song was the background music for a segment, so somebody with American Idol recognized she had the talent. Go Jessica !!!!!

Kara Willer

I was watching the show and would love to download the song but I have an android phone and am not sure how! She has an amazing voice and I would appreciate any help I can get! Please and thank you :)

Barbara T

Ellen,
While this girl does have a pretty voice she sounds just like the artist Corinne Bailey Rae. Please listen to her album with the song "Like a Star". If you listen she changed the words but plays to the same tune.

Tammy Ruiz

I just experienced Jessica Bassett and her beautiful song LYDIA, after crying half way through I realized the song said everything I have said to my daughter. The words seemed to fit her lifestyle and problems as a teenager. My daughter is 13 years old and is being bullied by 2 girls at her school, there have been many excuses by both the school and the parents as to why it cannot stop, she is a dancer and that is the only thing that helps her cope. One of the younger students in her dance studio is also being bullied by others, through all my daughters adversity she has taken a stand supporting this young girl. She continuously tells her it will be ok and gives her advice, I just wish she herself would take that same advice... I posted the link and quoted you on her FB page for all to see.... Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful young girl.

nader

Jessica has the sweetest voice. A beautiful song with deep sentiment.

She does not come up on iTunes.

Laura Vanschaack

I was STUNNED when AI didn't put her through! So glad to see someone see in her what I saw. Can't wait to hear more music from Jessica Bassett!

Joanne

Brought me to tears

Dennis Craig

Thank you Ellen for policing the American Idol judges. I can't wait to get the song. jessica is a superstar already.

1 Reply