He appeared shortly after Ellen met one of the Broncos players who won her heart. Joel wasn't ready to give up on her supporting the Seahawks without a fight.

Comments

Beren Chalmers

hi ellen, i love you very much, you bring alot of much needed laughter to the world. i have been a fan since way back in the day of the tripping over the "pebble" on the sidewalk days, you have always made me laugh. i have alot of pics and such i would like to send to you of my grand son (cutest baby in the universe, of course!) and our cats, but, alas i am computer handicapped and don't know how, i don't even know if you will get this e mail, i am typing w/ one finger. sad, i know.sooooo, love you your show, hope you get my e mail, maube i'll send you
a pic some day! happy birthday!!!

James L LaBelle

Happy Birthday Ellen!!!

Thank you for sharing the excerpt of the family getting the new house. I was so happy for them, I am sure they are so happy. My wife and I have been married for 31 years and we are just able to get a decent down payment on a new house so we can move into a safer neighborhood. We will be paying for 30 years now but hopefully we can be safe. It was so heart-warming to see the joy you gave to that family. Thank you for sharing the power of giving....you have a great job....it brings tears of joy to both of hearts watching your show. We love you!!! We were in L.A. last July but we weren't able to get to see your show. Hopefully we will get back there one day to see you in person. Take care,

Jim LaBelle

Sonny Messer

eye Ellen. I can only imagine how many letters you get bombarded with. With the way my luck is this year its no surprise to me if the mail carrier lost it at pickup.. Life's been hard since 10/11/12. Losing our baby girl changed the world in that first tear that dropped from our cheeks. Your show truly helped me and my beautiful wife, Heather. Bless you for all you do for those in need. Pray for us, times are tough right now, financially and emotionally. I was in an accident and completely destroyed our only car. My thoughts were who cares I walked out without a scratch, the Lord was protecting me. Now I'm trying to work out the details on getting another but we can't afford the car note. My wife is distraught about losing our precious angel, Lailah Jo, and is scrambling stressing about finding a job. If you read this could you find my letter please.
from Sonny Messer.
Bless you and your loved ones. Wish I could repay the laughs and joy you brought into a dark and dreary major life event. Desperately reaching out, for anyone to lend a hand to my feet..

Sonny Messer

Happy belated birthday to you..
Happy belated birthday to you...
Happy belated birthday dear Ellen..
Happy belated birthday to you!!!

Hope all is well with you. It's been awhile since I've been able to post. Life's been hectic this past year, I've prayed and prayed that my letter would find it to your caring

Sharon Saxton

Happy Birthday Ellen, or should I say, belated birthday..I hope you are feeling much better..I enjoy watching your show and have gotten my husband hooked on it since he retired..He is the one that asked if I received a email from your ellentv.com I got him also hooked on his own computer, god help me, because now there isn't anything about hollywood that he doesn't know about. lol That's cool, I always wanted to keep posted on the rich and famous, bad thing..I took his computer in to get fixed...it died, and my computer guy fixed him up with a revamped computer that does more than mine...I have had mine for about 10 years..lol, so he reminds me ever once in a while, that his does a little more..but that's ok..it gives him entertainment.. and as cold as its been here..that comes in handy! Well hoping you get to feeling great in no time, again,..glad you are back on the show!

Karen Segee

Ellen, first I hope you are feeling better. You want some laughter.... I have embarrassed myself on a few occasions through the recent years.
My new boyfriend and I were at the house and I asked him if he wanted a heni meaning Heineken beer and he said I never thought it would come to this so quick in the relationship. LOL
Then within the same day, I stated "It's all good" it's all behind me...He laughed until he cried.
Another man I had been dating for over 8 years and kept saying will you marry me but never would commit or give me a ring...gave me a Smith & Wesson for Christmas and I wanted to shoot him....Hence the new boyfriend. LOL
I did play the ultimate prank on my boss (Randy) many years ago when I called in sick (which I had never done in the past) and stated that I had an eye problem and could not see coming in. He has never forgotten that one. (I was outside his office window watching his response) LOL
Then there was the April fools which I played on him regarding "Call Mr. Lyons" It is urgent and gave the number of the Zoo. (He was a high executive at Universal Studios Orlando). Hence again I am not there. Just kidding LOL I did leave on my own and we still remain really good friends.
I hope you giggled on one of them...All the best. =) Karen

Deborah Tush

Hi Ellen,
My friends Scott, Gus and myself all share the same birthday as you and we would LOVE to attend your birthday show next year :) Can you send me information so that we can make this happen????
Happy Birthday!!

Laura Baker

Hi Ellen, I hope you are feeling better. The show was great but my son William asked where you were. He also wants you to feel better. See you tomorrow.

Antoinette Yates

Hi Ellen,

Happy Birthday! My mother would have been 89 today, but she was taken from us in a very tragic way on July 10, 2012. As she was crossing the street in front of her house to get her mail out of the mailbox, the mail truck which had just dropped off her mail backed up and hit her. She was life-flighted to a hospital in Pittsburgh, but her injuries were so severe that she did not make it. My mom was a pretty amazing woman. She had been a volunteer at the Ford City Public Library for nearly 40 years and would still be volunteering now. So many people donated money to the library in her memory that we were able to set up a fund so that an award could be made to a local student going on to college who is also involved as a volunteer in the community. We gave the first award, the "Irene Yates Memorial Volunteer Award" last May in the amount of $500 to a very deserving young woman. My sister and I were so proud to be able to present the award.

With all the snow and cold weather we have been having here in Pittsburgh this winter, there is lots of snow to be shoveled. This, too, is a reminder of my mom. On snowy days, she would be out shoveling snow before sunrise. So today, I shoveled the sidewalk in front of my apartment building in her honor. (The maintenance guys were probably wondering who did it.) My mom might have been 87 years old, but I know she would have had many more years with us if not for that terrible accident.

Anyway, when I read that you are celebrating your birthday, I wanted to let you know about this other wonderful person who would have been celebrating, too.

Thank you for all you do for others and for making my days a little brighter just by watching your show. I retired in July, so now I am able to watch almost every day. I definitely take to heart your ending words each day: "Be kind to one another."

Sincerely,

Toni Yates
January 26, 2014

Dannie Osborne

Hope this is where I can sign up trip win a trip to Las Vegas , love to go there to see the place and see my Grandson he has live there from the fall of 2012. Thank you