[[__inactive:kaltura-video:0-4rzkgerw__]]

Oscar-nominated as Best Actress for "August: Osage County," Meryl Streep stopped by The Ellen Show! Many have said they'd listen to her read the phone book, but Ellen put Meryl to the test with some boring text, and sure enough, she managed to make it captivating! Watch Meryl show off her acting chops by reading a recipe, a traffic report, and a Wikipedia page as different characters.

The legendary actress also told Ellen about her most recent nomination, and why she didn't think it would come. Check it out.

Comments

Kimia

I love meryl streep and ellen degeneres very much thank you for your interview.

Flavia

Hei!!!! Too funny...I want to work with you Ellen!!I should be funny! I am coming in L.A. in june...see you!

Natasha Fearnow

haha well I was watching her read these cards it made me laugh so much!!!! I don't think I will ever be able to eat oatmeal again but it made laugh.

Chey

OMG...I was watching Meryl Streep read the cards in character. I just took a bite of canteloupe as she was doing the angry teenager...and when she finished it with "okay!!!!" -- I spit canteloupe all over myself and my keyboard - laughing... That reading deserved its own Academy Award. OMG I love Meryl Streep...

Monte

Some of us know what really happened in the movie "Bridges of Madison County don't we Clint?

Mary Yamada

Who is responsible for Ellen's videos never being closed captioned?

Anjin

Just read the headline to the story. Read the worship in the words. She is a cult hero because she is POLITICALLY CORRECT. End of story.

Same actress with other views and the fawning media would instantly give her the "Palin treatment." Think about that one. A media who said she was stupid was ALL IN when it came to putting the moron Joe Biden in office.

Sarah

I know she's a great actress, who is also a smart, funny & kind human being. That's why I feel a twinge of guilt for having this initial thought whenever I see her picture: "A dingo's got my baby"
I'd like to think she'd understand.

hkinsey3

Two of my least favorite "females" on the planet. If Whoopi Goldberg had been there it would have been Nirvana.

Harlan

Does Meryl Streep know that the men who provide security for her and Ellen have guns? Since Streep wants to make a movie about how bad guns arfe, I think she should insist on having no armed security anywhere near her.

wmbart

I am not sure how anyone can say Meryl Streep makes things more interesting. I thought very highly of the woman until she bashed Walt Disney, a man that can not defend himself against the nasty things she has said about him. I know he gave a lot of happiness to of people and my odds would be a lot more than she has ever done.
His name will be carried on long after Meryl is forgotten or at least not as well known. I really feel sry for someone like that.