The video of their incredible rescue went around the world. Ellen talked to the amazing heroes of one very lucky dog that fell through the ice.

Comments

Nicole Whelan

Hi, my name is nicole whelan and I reside in cairns QLD Australia. I love to watch the Ellen show when I can and especially love your inspiring and giving back segments on the show. However, my main reason for writing this is that I want to nominate a woman from the US who has her own blog: http://sleepdeprivationdiaries4321.blogspot.com.au as an everyday hero but I do not know her details so I can not fill out the requested form on your website. I'm not even sure if you will even get this post but I will try everyway possible to inform you of how amazing this woman is, how heroic, strong, compassionate and loving this woman AND her husband are. Please look into their story and feature them on your show.......you will be so amazed at this little family! LoVe Australia xx

Rila Akor

I love your shows Ellen !! It inspire me so much .. God blees you.

Here is something I wrote inspired by you and few movies ofcourse.

New York !!

Empire State building way up in the sky,
King Kong the mighty waving helicopters good bye.
Time Square its so beautiful, busy and alive,
raised the spirits of many with dreams in their eyes.

Central park, heart of the city and its 'Sweet November'
make's you believe in love again, thats long disappeared.
The Statue of Liberty welcoming you in pride
the flames that she raises, your soul she'll ignite.

New York New York !! the city of big dreams;
One day I will live mine and be a part of your destiny.
Until I see you, I'm back to my old life,
back to watching movies with big dreams in my Eyes !!

Sandra Hazeltine

Ellen, during this episode, you said that PETS give you unconditional love and would do anything for you. I think you should amend that to say that PETS give you unconditional love and DOGS would do anything for you. CATS are not that altruistic. Just sayin... :^)

Donna Fiandaca

Love your show Ellen!!! Watch it with my three daughters all the time. You make us laugh and laugh and laugh :) Thank you. Firefighters ...True heros all the time! Too bad we keep hearing that the firefighters can't accept the cruise as a gift. Perhaps you could have them back on the show(or send an assistant out here), and have the firefighters compete in some kind of game and win the cruises! Then they wouldn't fall into the $50 gift rule.

Chelsie. Noland

Happy cruising u deserve it guys ,,

Sheri A.

I love these kind of stories, and love to witness Ellen's generosity and the look of sheer joy and surprise when she gives people amazing gifts! Living in the greater Boston area, it's been in the news that due to a Massachusetts law, the firefighters are not allowed to accept Ellen's gift of a cruise as it is worth more than $50. Of course the firefighters aren't doing their job in hopes of fame and fortune, but it must still be a letdown to have to return such an amazing gift. In the Boston Globe this morning, it was reported that the Wellesley Fire Department is working with public officials to flood the high school's basketball court on Friday to turn it into a safe and free public ice skating (and squirrel chasing?) option. I was thinking it would be "cool" if instead of the cruise gift to individuals, Ellen could help them pull off this feat, or simply donate to "The Fund for Wellesley" or even the Boston area "One Fund" as a way to still honor these great guys for the dangerous situations they face on a daily basis. Thanks, Ellen!

Helene Coloretti

Hi Ellen,
thank you so much for acknowledging/recognizing these wonderful people. I watched the news report prior to christmas here in oz, with a lump in my throat. I absolutely love all my dogs (past & present)and completely identify with the lady who thought she might lose her beautiful dog. The firefighters who rescued Crosby were amazing...and so humble. Thank you for showing them how much us doggy lovers admire them!!!

Terry Schneidau

These are the stories I love to hear about on your show. Those darn squirrels! They're cool but dogs just love to chase them. My shar-pei just wants them to play with her! Big hugs to the fire fighters for their heroism!!! Pets are family, not just dogs!

Krissy

Next to military troops ,firefighters are amazing heroes

SherylWWilson

my co-worker's mom makes $70 hourly on the laptop. She has been unemployed for 10 months but last month her payment was $15933 just working on the laptop for a few hours. see this website
>>>>>>>>> http://cash46.com

Linda Burgess

What a wonderful story, if you liked this one check out "Dog frozen in ice in Edmonton"

Jon Wolsky

It's amazing to see the rescue. For several years (48) This is usually a negative out come with effort. As I watched the uniforms that they wore into the cold water and even with the ice breaking on the second FF, with no panic, his suit looked like it was air controled. Times have improved from when I was a kid. The tools and equipment have really improved.
What other cool tools do they use? Be great to see you cut something.
Keep up the great Show.