Ellen's co-host was ready to help in the segment that's changing lives all over the world.

Comments

Chelsie. Noland

Funny

Peggy Sulkey

here's a joke : what kind of bird eats with his tail??
answer: they all do! can't take off their tail while eating! Peggy S

Sandy Kupchick

Ellen,
Here's the joke for Julia Robert's punch line. A newly married couple went to a B&B in the country from their honeymoon. They were up in their room for 3 days without coming out. The farmer came up to their room and asked what are they doing for food. They man replied " where living off the fruits of our love". The framer replied " stop throwing the skins out of the window, cause your choking the chickens".
Please forward this to Julia.

Denise M

Read about Julia Robert's "orphan" punchline here (kiilling the chickens):

Apparently she told this to David Letterman way back in 1994!

Barb Snyder

Regarding Julia Roberts punchline......How it was born

Believe it or not - the birth of orphan punchlines began almost 20 years ago and we can thank Julia Roberts for the inspiration. The year was 1994 and Julia was on the David Letterman Show promoting her new movie at the time - I Love Trouble. During the interview Julia tells Dave that she once knew a very funny joke, but that she has forgotten the set-up and only knows the punchline. She then tells the audience the punchline, "...Well you may be living off love, but you're killing the chickens." Both Dave and the audience broke into laughter and an idea was born.

The next day at work I told my coworkers about the interview, and we began creating our own punchlines. After a week or two we coined the phrase "orphan punchlines" to describe this new pastime of ours.

I Love Your Show Ellen! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014

Barb S.

Shireen Littke

thank you for such a great show, I was Christmas cleaning in the living room and it was the best cleaning day ever

Jeannette Arras

Ellen I love you watch you daily! This year or past two years have been extremely hard on my whole family not being blessed at all with any kind of Christmas I have entered the 12 Days of Christmas when I can get on the net but I am praying you can help us! Hate to see kids and grand children cry on Christmas.! My mom's 70 and not in good health just to make her smile with. Christmas this year would be timeless praying I am one of your winner's God Bless you and Porchia this holiday season Love you Ellen!