The actress and "Glee" star opened up to Ellen about moving forward after the tragic loss of her boyfriend and co-star, Cory Monteith.

In her first interview since the tragic loss of her boyfriend and co-star Cory Monteith, "Glee" star Lea Michele opened up to Ellen about moving forward after the loss.

"It's certainly been a pretty rough year," Lea admits. "But I've been surrounded by such great people, such great family."

Lea and Ellen also recalled Cory's last visit to the show, when he proudly confirmed that he and Lea were dating.

"It's one of my favorite memories," Lea told Ellen. "I remember when he came home that night, he kind of puffed out his chest and he was like, 'I talked about you on 'Ellen' today.' I was so happy. He's such a private person, and I literally lived every day of my life feeling like the luckiest girl in the whole world. I just thought he was the greatest man, and so at that moment, that memory, it means so much to me."

Cory Monteith: 'Lea and I Are Dating'!

Comments

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older
PodMonkey

Where was she while he was overdosing on cocaine and alcohol?

Sam

Wow, harsh and judgmental much? If you don't care for what she has to say, then don't watch her interviews. I thought she handled herself with poise and grace and very much enjoyed watching this interview.

JLC1914

The headline is all about the star who protected Lea from the media. So, who the hell was it? Would be nice to follow up on the headline that YOU provided. eesh.

Sarah

Lea Michele is an amazing and strong woman. She inspires me when I'm feeling down and I just don't think I can pick myself up out of bed. I think about my problems and compare them to what she has gone through...and I see how uplifting and courageous she has been, and it makes me feel like I can do the same. All of you people who say you think she is playing the "poor girlfriend card". Please, just learn to have some compassion. I'm pretty sure this is the first actual sit-down interview where she has talked about Cory. As for the other red carpet interviews and such, you have to understand that Lea went through a VERY public tragedy. Of course interviewers are going to ask her about it! You people are acting like she is going out of her way to volunteer to talk about Cory! People ASK her, so she talks about it. She isn't playing any card, she isn't being fake, she isn't using the tragedy to get ahead. She is doing the best she can to move on with her life, and sometimes moving on includes talking about something painful so you can get past it. Is she supposed to completely move on and pretend Cory was never a part of her life? This only happened less than half a year ago! Only a heartless person would tell her to move on and quit talking about him already. And yes, they weren't married, but they were probably headed that way. Before they were boyfriend/girlfriend, they were friends for several years. It's like she lost four people - a coworker, a friend, a boyfriend and a future husband. All of the cruel people with nothing positive to say, just go away and save your hate for yourself. Lea has been nothing but classy in this situation and I respect her for it.

chrisk

How can any of you who are saying such hurtful things call yourselves an Ellen fan. She is about compassion and love. Here you guys are spraying hateful spew over the internet. You have no right to be a critic on someone's feelings.I am not a fan of drugs or Glee . I am a fan of compassion. It is quite evident some of you need to practice more of that. Love,Live, and laugh! Blessed Be!

Kimberley

really great show today. Lea new song was awesome. I like how she talk about Cory it made me smile.

Charles

I don't have any sympathy for someone that died using drugs. You live it, you die by it. Bunch of other people out there worth mourning for. Just because he is a glee star. Now his girlfriend just profiting off of his death. I get it, we all make mistakes. Though he obviously wasn't think of his family or her when doing the drugs, no different than someone committing suicide. It's selfish.

1 Reply
mary l lowery

great show i can feel the sadness Lea Michele has in her voice i have been their i loss my sister about 14 month ago and that has been the hardest thing to cope with i didn't have to worry about people invade my privates because i am just a country lady but i still can feel the pain that Lea is having even though i don't no her personal i am very sorry she had to go though with losing her boyfriend at a early age when it seem life had just began for her but we don't have control over death if so we wouldn't lose any of our love-ones but time will heal all thing but we will never get over losing our love ones but that is life she is a very beautiful lady and she will fine happiness again i hope Ellen you have a wonderful way of talking to people no wonder why folks love you so good it not just the gift you give but it the way you touch their heart i wish i could be fortune enough to be at your shows not to be one of your host but just one of the number setting in the audience yes i would love to received some of the gift you give out but i would love to see you in person i told my husband i would love to be their when you give out laptops computer because i have always wanted one but they weren't in my budget but if i was their when you give them out i would have received a nice one and i wouldn't have to pay for it on time it would be paid in full from you but i am not going to give up my day is coming i am 61 and never won anything so i not ready to give up now.thank Ellen for a great show and looking forward for tomorrow show and been able to register to win maybe i will win it would be wonderful.

ldstep

Geez....does she realize this guy had a family that is probably mourning him also? She acts like she's the only person that misses him and is hurting. Along with that she's not the only person who's lost someone they loved. She's really playing the 'poor lil' girlfriend' role to the max. Is this a way to keep your name out there? Tacky, tacky, tacky.

1 Reply
Christina searle

Hey everybody that has mean stuff to say bout Cory and lea yal need to keep it to yourself and she has an amazing voice and he might've done drugs but that's his life he was a very beatuiful person I wish he could've been in my life he was an inspireing person and how dare yal disrespect him yal are just jealous. So keep it toyour self and ellen I'm a huge fan of yours I love you I watch you everyday.have a merry Christmas I would love to be on your show and win something I've never won anything ever. Your a true beautiful woman I would love to meet my idol. It a inspiration to all of us. Thanks.

Kathy

Thank you Ellen for spreading your love and laughter with ALL. After a gloomy day I know I can come home and let you turn my day around by turning you on. It's a pleasure to live vicariously through YOU, your guests, and your hard working - LUCKY - "family crew" of employees. I don't have any idea, except I'm 50 something, what took me so long to join in on the "network" stuff!!! LOL XXOO

moho

Boy, how long is she going to play the "poor me" card. Move on already!

Genia Peterson

Dear Ellen I love your show and I watch it everyday. I love the joy u bring to people I wish one day I could come to your show. All my 53yrs on earth I have never won anything I hope u would choose me to receive a gift from u one day I would treasure it for life u bring joy to me with ur beauitful spirit

Robert Toth

Just heard Leah’s comments about how Cory sent her notes about some of the songs on her new album. Then, the conversation with a songwriter…there is no such thing as “mere” coincidence. “Cannonball” is gonna be a hit! Luv you BOTH bunches!

Azadeh