Drive a Hyundai

The Gross family got a huge surprise: a new Hyundai for their 5 kids! You can drive a Hyundai, too! Find out more here (5 kids not included).

Comments

(Page 1 of 3) 123Older
Michelle Smith

Hi Ellen,
Happy Thanksgiving! I saw your episode yesterday & felt like it was destiny! I work as a paraprofessional at an all girls' k-8 public school in Cleveland, Ohio. I LOVE my job! I get to teach my girls social & emotional learning, which includes building relationships skills, self-awareness, self-management, social-awareness, & responsible decision making. I get to build close relationships and make a positive difference in so many lives. The hardest part of my job is because I build those close relationship I often take home my girls' problems. I cannot believe how strong my girls are.... the problems they face everyday are difficult for any adult let alone a child. Last Thursday was an extremely emotionally draining day. After I left work, I got into a car accident. It was raining, I was on a freeway, my car spun out, & I hit a median wall. I am blessed because no one was hurt but this has caused quite a strain on me and my family. My 9 year old daughter goes to school on the other side of town. Since I do not have a vehicle, she must stay with my mother and sister during the week so she can have a way to school. I am thankful she has a way to school but we are extremely close & its difficult for us to be apart! I am beyond thankful for my support system and my situation is could have been much worse but the thought of spending most of this holiday season without my daughter is unbearable.

feliciana

i would like to when a car it doesnt have to new im recently going tru a hard time i had a minivan that i bought with my income tax but i had to sell it to pay my rent and bills im a mother of three and pregnant at the moment the car i sold was the only veacle we had i have to get rides from family and friends and i would love to stop bothering them thank you im a big fan i love you ellen and if i have a little girl im going to name her ellen just like you

Rose McFarland

Ellen,

I had sent you a message yesterday about our need for help with a vehicle due to our older age and my devastating auto crash. I thought I would forward you a picture so that you could see just HOW BLESSED I AM to be alive and as well as I am today :) Thanks for all that you do for everyone!

Donna Storan

What wonderful big-hearted people. My Mom volunteers with foster children and there are too few people willing to take TWO children to keep a family together, nevermind FIVE. The world is a better place with people like that, they deserve every good thing that comes to them. Good luck to the whole family.

Resolito Garcia

I'm a 40 years old virgin. I just turned 40 years old this month and It's been 40 years that I never own a car, never been on wheels or never driven a car. I'm a full time Ultrasound student right now and my hospital internship/duty is coming in 4 months. It would be lovely if I start driving that time. Been in the bus and train in my whole life. Help me Ellen. Life is tough. I still owe a balance for my school.

-Resolito

Sherry Rulo

I love you and I think you are absolutely the best thing in the world. I delibertly changed my lunch schedule at work so I make sure I get to watch you at lunch break. I am new to Ellen. I just started as season 10 ended so I must apologize to you and to myself because I have been MISSING out!!! LOL -- seriously, I would like to nominate my daugther Shannen. She has two growing boys and she is been fighting the battle of keeping her sons with her. She basically got into a domestic relationship and was reported and DHS came in and took her kids. She has them back. She is struggling. As a mother I hate to see this. She despartely needs a car. It is so hard for her to get her oldes (five) back to school while she has the baby (two). DHS requires her to keep a job and requires her to go to a bunch of different things and she has to take our metro system which in some cases runs every hour. She is constantley standing out in the rain/snow/heat/cold (we live in Iowa and the weather is very unpredictable. I am so proud of my daughter for getting through all of her obstacles she has faced in her life so far. It does break my heart that she is only 21 and faced more then I ever had and came out stronger and better off. She is smart, beautiful and a very deserving person. I just hope life helps her out. Thanks for listening. Sherry RULO

Tiffany Pena

Are you there Ellen??.. It's me, Tiffany. My story may not be as worthy of a car as the other's that have been submitted, but i figured i would give it a shot since a car would make things in life just a little more simpler. I'm a 19 year old girl, who recently moved out of my small town of Southbridge, MA to the out-skirts of town. I've recently moved into my sister's house with my mother because we couldn't afford our last apartment.My sister, My mother, My niece an i all crammed together in a 3 bedroom ranch-house. We don't always get along, and my sister is getting so frustrated paying the mortgage, utilities, food and taking care of her daughter . My mother has always been a hardworking person, she came here from puerto-rico when she was just 16 to work in factories her whole life. She's 59, getting close to the retirement age. She should be having to worry about herself now, and i should be supporting myself! It's a nice house, but due to it's distance from town, it's at least a mile or two from my college campus and even more miles away from job opportunities! I need a job, just as much as i need a car. It sucks relying on others to bring you places, i just feel like a burden on this family because i can't help pay.. anything. If i were to get this opportunity, so many doors would open. I would live everyday feeling like the luckiest girl. I think i would literally be so over-joyed i would die happy. Then you could just give the car to someone else who deserves it; Ellen watching your shows, and stand-up have never failed to make me laugh and it would be an honor to even see you in person. Im getting all emotional writing this, this car would be such a blessing.

stay funky.

- Tiffany

Rachael Ricupati

Hi Ellen,
First off let me say I think that you and everything you do are amazing. I would like to nominate my cousin Chelsey to win a car. She is a 22 year old mother of 3 soon to be 4, she lives in Indiana, works as a waitress, and does everything she can to take care of her kids. She wants to go back to school to become more self-sufficient. She is what I consider to be a truly caring person and she does everything she can to get by without asking anyone for help,but the one thing she cant do is get a car big enough for her family. she has a tiny car right now,but it is slowly dying and isnt safe enough or big enough for her family. I ask you ellen to make her wish this year come true,because this is a girl who tries so hard and doesnt want a handouts, just to provide for her family. She would help anyone in need and she has always been there for me and my family. She has helped us with food when she stayed with us and fundraised for my dad when he got sick. Please help her!!! If I could I would, but I am not financially able. So I'm asking you. Thankyou for taking the time to read this

Rachael Ricupati

Hello Ellen,
First off let me say I think that you and everything you do are amazing and wonderful. I was told about you giving away a car to someone. I would like to vote for my cousin. Her name is Chelsey, she is 22 years old, lives in Indiana, works as a waitress to provide for her 3 soon to be 4 children. She tries to be as independent as she can. She just wants to be able to provide a good life for her kids. She would love to go back to school. She has a car, but she wont be able to fit 4 kids in it, and cant afford a van. I am asking you to grant her this wish so that she can get around with her family. She is the kindest person you have ever met. She helped fundraise money for my dad when he got sick, helped us with food when she stayed with us, and has always been there for me. If I could I would help her, but I am in a financial jam myself. Please Ellen! She doesnt ask for much and this would make her year. Thankyou for reading this

Beth A Griffith

Ellen; I am in need of a new car. Actually, it doesn't have to be a new one, just new to me. I worked at our local hospital for 28 years and was laid off about five years ago. The hospital decided to outsource the transcription work, and no longer needed me.

My husband and I were married 30 years ago and were blessed with two sons; the younger one was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy. It's funny how people think if you have a diagnosis of this sort,things are just handed to you - wrong! My husband and I have worked hard to give him a "normal" life. People even told us our son would never have to pay for college - not true!!! He developed spinal stenosis from sitting in his wheelchair all the time. When he was a junior in high school, he had rods placed in his back which increased his height, as he sat up taller. We had to get a different van to transport him. At that time, I was working and we could afford a new mini van, with a conversion package.

After graduating from high school, he wanted to go to college. We let him take the mini van as that was his transportation. We have another vehicle to use; a pickup truck with a snowplow. This is not very economical though, and with winter approaching, my husband will need the truck to plow snow.

Our son has checked with the Department of Vocational Rehab to see if they would be able to help him obtain a vehicle, so we could have the mini van back. But he was not able to get any help from them. I know he feels bad that I do not have a vehicle of my own to use, but a parent would rather go without than deny their own child something. So, here I am, in need of a vehicle.

Thanks for sharing your blessings with others in need.
May God continue to bless you...
Beth

Kristine Bross

Dear Ellen: Today, I'm not interested in my needs. My sister in law had a heart lung transplant. Her strength and faith is incredible. The transplant was approximately 25 years ago, which is unheard of.She is currently in need of a kidney transplant and goes to dialysis 3 times a week.They drive a car that is older and beaten up. My brother is a teacher, and since they only have the one car, my sister in law has to drive him to work before she goes to her dialysis appt. Ellen, this woman has worked to keep herself heathy so that she could watch her 2 girls grow into beautiful young women. They are into their mid to late 20s now and their spirits are beautiful.I want to help them and pray that you can help them. You are wonderful and make so many people happy. Thank you for that.

Love,
Kris Bross

Delishia Noland

Hey Ellen,
I just happen to be home to finally catch your show again. I use to watch your show EVERYDAY but I started a full a time day job and couldn't do it anymore:-(. I currently live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I noticed that it was requested for people to visit your page if they were in need of a car. Well at first, I thought of myself but God just blessed us with a new car but the more I thought, the more I begin to think of my sister in Christ. She has 5 children and had a car just 2 months ago but 1 morning, she was awaken by 1 of her sons telling her the car was on fire. Once the fire was put out, she was told, someone had gone through the liberty of slashing her tires, busting out her windows and filling the car with gasoline before igniting it. When she first realized it was her car, she said she began praising God because she knows that there is something better in store for her. Out of the whole situation, the only thing she seemed disappointed about was the fact that she had her 1 pair of church shoes, the youngest baby's footprints from the hospital and her bible. I was in so much shock, I could not believe what I was hearing but the part that gave me joy was knowing the power of God and knowing that she was really holding fast to the expectation of something better for her family. She still comes to church every Sunday with her children on the church van as if nothing ever happened. She is a wonderful person inside & out. We never know who God is going to use to bless us. Even if she is not chosen, I thank you because you are in a comfortable position where you bless many people every single day. You make such a huge difference in peoples lives. So thank you. If I could ever do anything to bless you, I would. Thank you for this opportunity. -Lishia

John Annunziello

Hi Ellen....

I saw a comment scroll across the screen on your show to win a car. My son used to live with us in Ontario and moved his family to Alberta for work. Since they left my first granddaughter was born to go along with her two brothers.

My son Jay, his wife Ardiss and three kids will make the trek from Alberta to Ontario in mid December. They have an old truck which they have been trying to repair but have little money to do so. I am concerned about the 2000 mile trek in an old truck. They could really use a new vehicle but can't afford it. We are so looking forward to seeing them for Christmas. If you can help in any way, that would be great.

Thanks, John Annunziello - 705 689-8860...

Sarah

Hello Ellen! My name is Sarah and I'm 35yrs old. I recently was diagnosed with a rare form of Addisons disease. It took the doctors almost 3 months to find out what was wrong with me and in the mean time, I lost my job and am unable to work for the time being. I have no income coming in due to the fact that I am unable physically to work. I go to food pantry's and to the human society to be able to feed my dog. She is my bestfirend and life! I have no clue how I am even going to pay my December rent. I am very humble and thankful for what I do have. I don't wish this situation on anyone and know that someone has it a lot worse than I do! I currently drive a 1997 Cadillac deville that I aquired about 2yrs ago because that was all I could afford. It has almost 2000,000 miles on it and needs some MAJOR repairs and I don't have money to repair it. Its horrible on gas, and is not safe to drive but is my only means to get me to the doctor and back home and to go to pantrys for food. I am in despeate need but know someone else may be in a bigger need than myself so if you don't choose me, I understand that is the reason and am greatful that you do what you do! Its a dream to someday meet you but I know right now I'm unable to travel! Gods blessings to you and all who are in need! Thank you Ellen!!!

Rebecca Poulson

Hello Ellen!

I watch your show often. Try to watch every day but it's hard with a 4'year old. I, writing you because I saw that I could write to try to win a car. My husband and I had to give my car up about a year ago. Now we only have his car, which isn't in good enough shape for me to drive right now. He is the only one working and we are living well enough to pay our bills and provide the things our daughter needs. We have been wanting to get something that can get me to the store and back, but haven't been able to get it with him being the only one working. Weather now is getting colder so if I need to go to the store I either walk and only shop for 1 or 2 days or I have to ask someone doe a ride. At times I ride the bus but now days out here in Las Vegas, people at the bus stops are either killed or attacked. I fear when my daughter and I take the bus because I never know if something will happen. Our daughter starts school next year and I am trying to send her to a good Chater school here in Las Vegas. It is a bit always from the house but if I had a car it wouldn't be a problem. I am not usually one to write in because I always think there are other people out there that might it more then I do. But I am just trying to help provide for my family also. As soon as my little girl starts school I am planning on starting back at working and would need transportation to get to that job.

I love how you love helping people all over and I hope to be one of those people. I thank you in advance for even taking the time to read this letter. :)

God Bless,