Drive a Hyundai

Ellen's friends at Hyundai had a big surprise for an amazing family -- a new car! If you're looking for a new car, make sure you check out the amazing Hyundais, here!

Comments

(Page 1 of 8) 1234567Older
tina

Ellen love your show and all that you do to assist people. I am writing in about the car to be given away. I have a son that has had a really rough time. He got out of the service, his wife left him while pregnant, and then dumped the baby at her moms. He flew up there and got him and this was three years ago. He has been looking everywhere for work. He served his country but our country isn't helping out our military personnel. He is a single father and has been living with me because he keeps pouring money into this junk car because it is all that he has left. He has lost everything except his son and his car. He is working two jobs and going to college to get ahead, but the car is taking all that he is making. His dad and I are helping him with his son, but we don't have any money to help him financially. He lives with us and we are barely making ends meet. Ellen, I know my son would appreciate any help you can give him. He is doing all he can for him and his son, but if he doesn't have a car to get to his jobs and school, then he may lose his son. I really pray that you can help him. I don't ask for help ever for myself or my family, but since he has been out of the military he lost so much that once the car is down again, it may push him over. Thanks. Tina

ROBIN DODSON

Hi, Ellen. I watch your show everyday on my lunch break. You are a truly amazing and giving woman. Funny, too! I saw at the bottom of your screen about sending to you about receiving a new car. I am writing on behalf of my sister-in-law, who will kill me if she finds out.But, I hope she does. She has a debilitating disease that attacks the nervous system. She has been confined to a wheelchair for about 14 years now. She is always helping others to the best of her ability.Everyone in our small community knows her. Her husband passed away last year, and her son had to step in to take dad's place in getting her to doctor appointments and anything else she needs. She is very independent and hates this. Hates having to rely on others. She makes baked goods and crafts to supplement her income. But there is no way she could ever get herself a handicapped vehicle. That's why I'm writing to you. It would be wonderful if she could have her independence back. She would no longer be confined to her house and have to wait for others just in order to go somewhere. You would be surprised at how far she can travel in her electric chair if she wants to get somewhere. This would give her back not only independence but some of her confidence,dignity and respect. I know there are millions who write to you. But, Tina C. could really use a car. It would be an inspiration for her to have a better out look, on a life that has taken a bad turn. Thank you Ellen for your consideration.

Amanda Barnette

Hi Ellen! I just love, love, LOVE you and your show! I suffer major bouts of depression, and your show is daily "smile/laugh therapy". I don't miss an episode!

You asked us today to write in if we were in need of a new car. I could definitely be in that category --- my car is now 14 years ago and is starting to fall apart. I got laid off from my job 3 1/2 years ago and have relied on my car to get me from job interview to job interview. I am happy to report I start a new job on Monday! However I had to live off of my credit cards while I was out of work, and so now I must devote all of my paychecks to paying these off. And it's going to take awhile.

BUT, I am not asking for a car for myself. I would like to ask one for my awesome and wonderful mother, my hero, Marian Tootle. My mom has raised 6 children, endured a nasty divorce, re-joined the work force in her 50's, and helped raise 2 of her 4 grandchildren. She now helps take care of her great-grandchild. She has always given of herself to all of us in whatever we need, even though she is now on a very limited fixed income. After I got laid off from my job 3 1/2 years ago, and was struggling to make it on my own, my mom welcomed me back into her home without a second thought. I have to tell you at 46 years old, it was very humbling to have to move back in with my 80 year old mother! But she has made me feel wanted here from the moment we started discussing it. This means the world to someone whose world was absolutely ****tered and whose self-confidence was at an all-time low.

For all that she has done for us, I would love to see her on the receiving end for a change. Her car is 14 years old as well, and on her income it is very likely that she will never be able to afford another one. If you could please consider her as a recipient of your new car campaign, we would all so greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for all you do and keep up the great work! LOVE YA!

Amanda Barnette
Kingsport, Tennessee

Doreen Razo

Ellen I love watching your show as it brings a smile to my ever worrying face. We are in need of a new car. My husband died tragically 1 1/2 years ago at the young age of 46 and left my son and I to soon. Now I'm trying to find work my house is in foreclosure and I can't afford the payments on the car we have now I'm more focused on sending my son to school as his education is critical to me. I'm asking for your help as many people do, but I just need this step in getting a car that would help us continue to live a simple life. My son worries about me and sees the struggles we are facing and I have many sleepless nights wondering how we are going to make it especially if we lose this house and car. We have no family to turn to that can help. So I'm asking for your help with a heavy heart and pray for a miracle.

lorie adams

i kno i have written b4 but it was a short one - im 52 yrs old and ive worked since i was 14 yrs old - my last job i had i had to go on medical leave becuz i just bout passed out at work - a coworker called my husband at work and he came n took me to the er room and they told me it was an aniexty attack - since that day i have been home and my drs refuses me to go back to work - ive had ct scans on my head cuz of the headaches i get every day and they found some stuff but they dont kno what to do for it so its oh take these pills for it - i also have back problems and if i sit down i have a hard time gettin up becuz of my back hurting so much - i had to go on disability becuz of my back problems and these headaches so now im gonna be on a fixed income every month and until i pay bills and some gas in the old trailblazer that i have i dont have extra money for nothing - i dont get food stamps so what i can get from friends is what i can get - i have a son thats 18 yrs old and hes graduating in june and wants to go to college for furthering his education but now since im on a fixed income i have no money for a used vehichle for my son so i kno he makes it too n from school to home again - i dont kno how to go about gettin him schloarships and or grants for his college that he wants to go too - all the money i had saved up i had to use for my dr appts for the co pay and for meds that i need to just be able to walk everyday - my son also has type 1 diebetic, he has to test his sugar at least 7 times a day and has to take a shot for everything he eats or drinks - i really feel bad for him - i just wish i could come on the ellen show and talk with her to find out maybe she could help me find some grants for him for his college and to find some schloarships for him for his college and maybe help me look for an affortable vehichle that i can help my sson get becuz being on a fixed income i feel like i have failed as being a parent cuz now i have no money to help my son for his college needs or anything - i dont kno where else to turn too for help - i cant even afford ellen tickets for me and my son to come to see her - shes a great person who id luv to meet in person -plz help me -my email address is loriea46@yahoo.com - thank u very much and i hope u read this ellen and i hope u have a great thanksgiving - 1URL

lorie adams

i would luv to come on the show to see ellen n ask her about how to get a schloarship or grants for my son to get for college n how to win a car for my son so he had dependable transportation becuz im on a fixed income now n im afraid hes not gonna be able to go bcuz of my fibancial situation n my emal address is loriea46@yahoo.com - ty 1URL

Amy Villarreal

Hi Ellen,

I have no idea if you are even giving a car away, and reading all the stories others have written, mine seems minute, in comparison. I currently do not have a car actually. My sig. other and I are actually borrowing a car for the time being but that time is running short and we have no idea what we will do after. In October, I had emergency surgery on my C-3,C4, C5 on my neck and suffered complications actually before the surgery. I was taken by ambulance as I was temporarily paralyzed from the chest, down. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks for intense rehab and now I'm home and thankfully can now walk. Unfortunately I had or have to go on disability and have no idea when I will return to work. Daily I have appointments for PT, OT, or Drs. We desperately need ANY kind of car, refurbished, used, anything. He's working nights so he can take me to my appointments and had to put school on hold as I can't do a whole lot on my own. Its a scary thing when your whole independence is taken away from you. We're truly scared of what's going to happen in the next month or so financially with rent, bills, and of course, the car. I have no idea when I will be better. My spine is swollen and until that goes down, I'm disabled. I know these stories must be hard to read, and mine is just one in a million. just thought I would throw my hat in the ring and see what happens. I have never seen or watched such an influential person who makes SUCH an impact on peoples lives. I remember seeing you do stand up waaaay back in the early 90's in San Jose, CA at a Beer Fest. The only time I ever saw you wearing a skirt. lol... Thank you so much for all you do for everyone you do it for. You really are an amazing soul.
Happy Holidays and see you tomorrow! :)

Jennifer McBrayer

Dear Ellen, I DVR your show and watch it when I get home everyday, my family loves to watch it as well...if they do not watch it with me, I am told "Mom, do not delete the show, I 'll watch it later." I went home Thursday 11/21/2013 on my lunch break and watched from the previous day. I saw that you gave away a Hyundai Veloster. I was taking it all in, my heart goes warm, I tear up for the family that is getting it. My mind races to how my husband Don, visits the Hyundai lot in North Little Rock about once a month and looks at those particular cars. I bought a Hyundai Santa Fe in July and showed the car to him and he liked it as well. Mu husband is not materialistic by any stretch. He is selfless! He works hard for us. I found it unnatural for him to discuss this car often. We certainly can't afford one. It takes me more than half of my monthly paycheck to pay for my car, which he thanks me for my contribution. He is driving a small Mazda that he will give our daughter next May when she graduates High School. We aren't sure how we will purchase another car at that point for him because then our younger daughter will begin driving. Anyway,he would be upset for me to tell this; but just last Monday, November the 11th, he was diagnosed with RA. He just turned 41 in July. I fell so bad for him. He doesn't talk about it much because he refuses to bring us down. He has even apologized to us for having RA. His father was diagnosed with RA in his late 40s and he knows first hand of the life style that RA brings about. He has been an avid runner since his high school days. He was planning on training for ST Jude marathon. He all of the sudden has been in so much pain for about 3 weeks. I hurt for him. I'm sad for him. IF I could take it from him, I would...hell I don't exercise that much anyway. Long story short. As all of this flashed through my head I then saw on the bottom of the screen. (If you'd like to have a new car, write into Ellentv). I prayed before writing this, It would be an all out miracle, ridiculous day,and turn of events if you were to choose my husband to give a Hyundai Veloster to. He might even refuses it, due to he just feels as he deserves nothing, he is that selfless and humble. Which is another reason why I said I prayed before writing this, if somebody else NEEDS a car more than us... then I hope that they will be blessed with a new car. On the other hand, I'd like to repay my husband for all he has done and been a cheerleader for me the entire 20 years of our marriage and be a part of something I could never give him that he actually really wants and feels deep down he will never buy himself. who knows this car might make him feel young and spry again. Ellen, you are a blessing to so many. Thank you for all that you are, thank you for your show that gives me my time to smile and laugh out loud everyday.

eula

hi ellen
my name is eula and i am a 38 years old single mother going through a divorce. My husband filed for divorce because i called the police on him after he physically abused me and my daughter in our home. I have 2 daughters, my youngest ernnessa is 13 months and she loves your show because i raised her watching your show from birth. I am no asking for a car but i need help with a student loan that i have with the federal government. It is just 2800.00 but it is so difficult to make payments because i am in so much debt.please help me

Michael Chauncey

Hi Ellen,
I’m writing about my good friend Tonya. She is the most selfless person I know. She has a disability, anxiety with severe panic attacks. She has been unable to keep a job due to this problem. She has two grown kids, the oldest one (23years old) has disabilities (Shane). Shane has a wife with 2 kids (1&3). Tonya has given up her relationship and more to help provide a home for her kids and grand-kids. With 4 adults there is only one car. Shane drives to work and Tonya uses my truck to drive her daughter-in-law to work and spends the day watching her grand-kids. All of them make minimum wage and struggle to get by. She has saved $2000 to go to school to become a medical transcriptionist so she can work from home, but now she needs to use that money to get a car. I hope you choose Tonya; she is the person who helps others and strangers down to her last dollar. Her disability doesn't know the difference between good and bad excitement. If she should win, she will be so excited it will send her into a panic attack, so be patient, she is worth it.
I know she would want to thank you; the only show she watches is your show at 4pm. It’s always picks her up a little every day.
Thanks,
Mike

Bianca Brinceanu

Hey Ellen,
I just posted on here about an hour ago telling you my story. As it turns out, right after I hit the "comment" button, our car broke down. And now we REALLY need a new one. We have no money for the towing and impounding for the car.. I have no idea how we'll figure that out... But I just think it's weird how I had JUST written to you and then the car broke down in the middle of an intersection with high traffic during rush hour. Thank God my mom and sister were okay.
So now this went from a "it would be a great help" sort of request to a "we seriously need a new car NOW" kind of request.
Please please PLEASE help us!!! You can read my full story in the comment strip below this one..
Please and Thank you!!!!

Bianca Brinceanu

Hi Ellen!
I'm Bianca and I'm 15 years old. I watch your show every day with my sister, and when we're visiting my grandma we watch it with her too. We absolutely love your show! Lately, I've been seeing you give away cars to deserving people and I really appreciate you doing that. I've been debating whether or not I should write a comment about my family and I needing a car because I know there are people out there who are doing much worse than we are... but the reality is that we DO need a new car.
My little sister was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes last year barely at the age of 11. Since then, it's been rough. Her diabetes supplies are expensive and insurance doesn't cover all that much. Our only good car (a 2008 Buick) broke down about 3 or 4 years ago. The only other car we had was a 2001 Dodge Caravan that has no AC, the heat doesn't run right, horrible transmission, 120,000 miles on it, bad brakes, and coming apart piece by piece. It's broken down so many times already. We borrowed friends' cars for over a year until we finally got a very small 2004 Nissan Sentra, which is also falling apart. Whenever we need to travel more than 2 hours from our home, we need to rent a car. And that is EXPENSIVE. My parents have been wanting to get a new car for a long time but we have no money for one. We're pretty much living paycheck to paycheck, and any extra money we have goes towards diabetes supplies (which is costly to say the least). I can see how stressed my parents are and I really want to give back to them for being the most amazing parents to my little sister and I. I overheard them talking and we have no money right now to get diabetes supplies for my sister, and as it looks, we won't be having the Christmas we've had in the past filled with presents and everything. But I don't want presents. Karina (my sister) and I just want to give our parents a new car. I know it'd help take some of the stress off, especially for the holidays.
So please, if there's any way you can help, and I know there is, please help us!!! I'd be forever grateful :)

Lots of Love,
Bianca Brinceanu :)

Issed Perez

Dear Ellen, I'm writing to let you know about my hero. My son Christian Arriaga was diagnosed with Cancer in March of this year. He has been through hell and back. He completed 38 rounds of radiation, currently on chemotherapy and trying to get through his first year of college. I am so proud to be his mom. Cancer has taken so much from us, especially from my son. He didn't get to enjoy his prom, senior events and I missed his graduation because I went into labor. To add more devastation to our lives our house flooded in April. Because his room was in the basement he lost all his video games and his xbox. Yet, he still keeps pushing and fighting. He is enrolled at the University of Chicago and pursuing a nursing degree. He commutes to school everyday and with winter coming I'm starting to get scared because his immune system is compromised and any little thing can land him in the hospital. His commute to school is about an 1 1/2 hours. That's a half mile walk, a bus and train ride. I worried because winters in Chicago are BRUTAL for anyone, having to fight a cancer war on top of that is just awful. I wish this wouldn't have happened to my son or any other child. I know he feels like his life just came to a halt and it has for me. Because of his diagnosis I exhausted all our savings and are living paycheck to paycheck. Please help make this Christmas for my son a special one. It's really difficult trying to juggle all his appointments, chemotherapy appointments and taking him to school with a 5 month old. This car would be such a blessing and most of all a sense of some freedom for my son. Please grant him this wish. He is my hero, my son, my Cancer fighting warrior. Please, please, please, please, help me make the end of the year better than what it started off with.

Sincerely,

Issed Perez aka warrior

Tammy Beswick

Hi Ellen
I would love to have a better vehicle. I'm a single mom of 6 children who I drive everywhere . i have a 1998 Suburban that everything is going bad, i seriously can't afford to fix much more on it .I have no heat or ac . I do home health care for the elderly have been for over 30 years lost my job a few months ago due to her passing away and i haven't found another job yet Christmas is coming i have no income right now most night's i cry myself to sleep wondering how we will get through some day's .I left their father due to abuse and I have struggled through the past 7 years raising these kids on my home working 7 days a week to put food on the table .I have called so many local places to help us for Christmas with no luck . So to win a new car to take my kids back n forth to school would be a huge thing in our lives. So i thought it wouldn't hurt to try and ask for help from you and if I'm not picked God Bless the family that is good luck to everyone and Ellen : Happy Thanksgiving and i hope you have a wonderful Christmas : ))))
Tammy
__________

Orlando Vega

Need a new car to take my son to school .

(Page 1 of 8) 1234567Older