Ellen celebrated Veterans Day by arranging a very special flyover. Magnificent.

Comments

Gordon

Ellen is one of the top entertainers in the country. She does awesome things for people in need (although I notice a lot of the people who are surprised at home seem to have a beteer life than I do judging by the interior shots.) Today was a true disappointment in the way we veterans were honored. The so called flyover with plastic airplanes hung from wire and the remarks that folowed were a slap in the face to veterans. Ellen seemed to think it was hilarious. I truly wish you could have been with me or some of the other vets for just a few hours in 1965-66. Your tribute would have been a little more serious. Maybe I should just start watching the four o'clock news.

Christy

I would have to agree with most of the comments above. I am the wife of a Lt. Col in the US Army. My husband has served 3 overseas deployments and a long deployment during the Hurricane Katrina tragedy. We have 3 beautiful children whom love, respect, and are very proud of their father. It has been a stressful 10 days since my husband is yet again away from his family while he is currently deployed out of state. Due to his unstable schedule, the government shut down, and the sequestration I have been a very busy full time mom and have put my own career on hold. Yet now am finding I need to go back to work to make ends meet with all the government cuts. This morning, I had just arrived home from the first of two Veteran's Day Programs that I will be attending this week at our childrens' schools without their father for the second straight year in a row :(.
I, too, look forward to watching your show on days that I am able. I enjoy the much needed break and a good laugh - thank you for that. But today I was very saddened how you chose to honor our Veterans. They, as well as their families, deserve more respect than you showed this morning.

Colleen Smith

I cannot believe that someone who gives so much to so many, could do a tribute to the veterans that was so tasteless and
as the previous person wrote "NO CLASS". I was so appalled!
That was it??? Some stupid plastic planes and a stupid joke about a small budget??? Ellen, not everything needs to have some
idiotic smartass remark just to get you a laugh. I think you owe the veterans a public apology! While you help out tons of people unselfishly, I couldn't believe the absolute disrespect from you of all people! I am truly disappointed and quite frankly, embarrassed for you Ellen! Shame on you. Of all topics to be crass about!

Jamie One

All I can say is "NO Class"! I cannot believe that with everything Yyou do for people..this is how you pay tribute to our veterans?????

Regina Smith

I thought the fly over was awesome!! Please keep up your shows for they are the sunshine of every day...

Patti Razor

Ellen: I love your show and watch it daily. I lost my husband after one year of marriage to an agent orange disease 4 years ago. The pain never goes away. Today through your comedy you saluted our vets in a very poor way.It was an insult to those who now serve and those who suffer every day for their service and their families who have lost a loved one. There are so many vets and their families who are hurting at the lost of their physical & emotional injuries.I suffer every day without him. Couldn't you find a military family who was hurting and help them today on this very special day. My husband was spit on when he came home to America and he lost his life to the diseases that he received serving his country. I have fought four years for his benefits and the government just procrastinates. Their are so many other families who are military family hurting. I think you could have paid them a much better honor then you did today. I will never stop honoring the service my husband gave or those who have served and serve today. I am sure this is not a priority to you but it is to me.

Michele   M.   Arbour

Hi Ellen, I also didn't appreciate your Veterans Day Flyover. Well, there's always next year! Love you ,Portia and Mama.

Joellen

Ellen I love watching your show and think you are awesome. Today I was very disappointed however by your Veterans Day tribute. The cheap flyover was very disrespectful to those men and women that have served and continue to serve to keep this country free.

Frank Thomas

My wife and I didn't appreciate your Veterans Day Flyover. We understand that you are a comedian, but we felt that this was somewhat disrespectful of those that have served in our military to keep this country free. We both love your show and this is the first time we've not liked something that you've done on your show.

Kathy

Hi, I also agree with everything that Heather said,
I love Ellen! But I felt the tribute was insulting to all the great veterans and their family, and it would have been more respectful not to have mentioned remembrance day at all (than mention it in this way)

Kerry ann   Lawrence

Salute to all Veterans who is serving and had served, very nice Ellen congrats on your 1700th show keep up the good work you are doing you are very thoughtful and kind love you always.

Heather

Ellen is amazing, there's no doubt about that. She is kind and generous. Her show today highlighted two needy women who deservedly received money and a car and I applaud that gesture. It was just a disappointment to have the men who have served our country and assured us our freedom, our military veterans, given 30 seconds of plastic planes and a joke as a tribute. We don't have to support the war to support the men who serve.

Maybe next year Ellen, maybe next year.....

Dawn Siclari

Those were my Husbands Favorite planes in your fly over, the P-51 Mustang!!