Support Indy the Dog

Ellen recently met Indy the Dog, who was abandoned after someone attached fireworks to him and ignited them on the 4th of July. He's doing much better, but his incredible rescuers at S.T.A.R.T. Rescue still need help to cover his extensive medical treatments. Make a huge difference in the life of an animal that deserves some love… by donating here.

Comments

(Page 2 of 3) Newer123Older
Cheryl Young

Hello Ellen,
I do fostering for a few WONDERFUL rescue organizations that could help. I was watching your show today about the firefighters and wanted to put these names up for consideration for the Petco Grant. The first would be Friends of Homeless Animals, the next would be Lost Dogs and Cats Rescue, and then there is East Tennessee Boston Terrier Rescue, I also fostered for South East German Shepherd rescue. There are many small rescue groups around where I live , that struggle from day to day with vet bills and food and transport. The shelters here in the southern part of the US are extremely high kill so if it weren't for these organizations we here where I live in a small rural area outside of Princeton WV would never be able to save the hundreds of dogs and cats that a small group of us stress over daily. You can check out all of the ones I've mentioned above on their facebook page or web site or both. If you would want the smaller organizations I can give those to you also. We wouldn't know what to do with 100,000 grant around here...lol. The animals we could save with money would be unreal, helping cover so many expenses. In my opinion our shelter systems don't deserve the grant money not in our area of the world. It's the rescue organizations and the fosters that deserve it. When you foster you take on so many things you may have that pet for a long time, so you spend your money on food, sometimes vet bills, gas for transporting and if your personal animals caught anything from the foster animal you then incur that vet expense. But we know all of this and all the tears you shed from getting the baby in the beginning and seeing what bad shape they may have been in to the tears you shed when they find their forever home makes it all worth it.

Thank You for giving away this grant no matter who receives it you cant go wrong if its helping animals. :)

Gloria Babcock

Hello
There is a Equine rescue in Florida that is a non-profit group which reaches out mostly to all horses in dire need of extreme help. This organization is Beauty's Haven Equine Rescue. The owner Theresa Batchelor will go out all times of the night and day, and rescue these horses that all knocking on heaven's door. Through donations and volunteers help, some of these horses, mules etc. are giving a second chance of life. I have witnessed it with my own eyes. Photos are available on her website from start to finish to justified her actions. Loving, and caring woman that I have ever known. Her needs she puts on the back burner. She has rescued 2 horses, and mule from another rescue facility that was being abused. If you could help her in any way, shape, or form as she does, I would be very grateful in you lending a hand. God Bless you all.

Kelly

There is a rescue called canine rescue coalition/AZ mastiff rescue they are in desperate need of help they have had to save so many dogs recently who have been hurt the most recent Bonnie who was shot and dumped on the streets of Stockton ca with a severely damaged leg that had to be amputated and Poppa who had cherry eye so bad he couldn't see or the poor mama who was starved and almost died just to keep her babies alive please please every $1 helps I am go of up my mani pedi for the month and my Starbucks to help them I urge everyone to help

Era Jane Roberts

Ellen, I made a donation for Indy, can you get us an update on how Indy is doing? Thank you!

Judith E. Lopez

Please help me to find my dog, his name is BOSS
Missing Since: July 31, 2013
Breed: Labrador Mix, Male and Young.
Medium (21-45 lbs.)
Black with short hair and white in the middle in his chest and pit.
Last Seen: Pilot the gas station at Van Horn, Tx.
The dog might be at the I-10 from Van Horn, Tx. to Sonora, Tx. or 90
I couldn't put the picture.
I would appreciate your help.

Liza Trainer

I created a place for people to get info about their old dogs. The bucket list for dogs... c0m, My dog almost died because I had no idea he has special needs now. I made a video and asked people abut a bucket list for my dog. Here is the clip. Please help spread the word on helth prevention for old dogs like mine.

Linda Vigor

I just read the story about Indy the dog. It makes me so sick that anyone could hurt a beautiful animal that way, just makes me sick to my stomach! We really need to put a stop to these kinds of things, and make sure people who harm animals in this way are dealt with by stiff fines and jail time. Such small small people!!

Cherie Whitaker

for those intersting in helping others like Indy here in LA go to www.SavingK9Lives.org on August 24, we will be hosting a charity fundraiser with a celebrity auction at hte Famous Malibu Inn on PHC in Malibu. Donations are $50 each ticket and the musical line up is amazing beginning with headliner Bobby Kimball (original lead singer of TOTO) , Bill Chapman and Danny Seraphine (formerly of Chicago), Lawrence Juber (Paul McCartney & Wings) Mike Pinera (Iron Butterfly-Alice Cooper), Buster Akrey (Steely Dan), Tamara Champlin (singer/songwriter Stone Cold), Annabella Lwin of Bow Wow Wow, Greg Albon (The Miracles/ Denny Laine), Dexter Espinosa (Union of Saints), Sheri Pedigo, and more to be announced. John O'Hurley to host. go to www.K9Crusade.org for tickets. Help us save the lives of special needs animals.

Astrid

Ellen- thank you for helping to spread the word to raise funds for INDY. There's an amazing dog with a great story and his wish is to meet you! Sadly he has cancer and his health is declining. His name is Wallace, andhttps://www.facebook.com/WallaceThePitBull. They are currently raising awareness to save shelter animals. Please please please read his story. It will touch your heart and the heart if your viewers.

Jan Gordon

I am the director of Stray Hearts Animal Shelter in Taos NM a very difficult and somewhat overwhelming shelter to manage. We need help to change the laws here and to educate the general public or Hispanic population. We have so many dogs and so few adoptions due to the may strays and the mentality of how dogs are treated. I am just reaching out so if any help is out there, these poor dogs are in need. Thank you, Jan Executive Director of Stray Hearts Animal Shelter, Taos NM. www.strayhearts.org

Linda Kubista

Hi Ellen,
I have been watching your show, since you first came on.
I love dogs and cats also, and would love to win $100.00 from your show. I live in Spring,Texas and at our local animal shelter, they are in need of dog food or dog treats. They get about 2000 animals a month. Mixture of dogs and pets. Every Christmas, I try and bring them dog food and treats. I am unemployed at the moment and so is my husband. But I try and give as much as I can, I just feel so bad for these animals.
If they are not adopted within 7 days they get put down. Ellen why do people adopt dogs, and then if they do something wrong, they go back to the shelters. I always said if I won the lotto,
I would buy a farm and adopt all the animals at the shelter
and take care of them, feed them the best food and give them lots of love. But that's a dream. I just would like to know if you can help our shelter. It's call Montgomery Animal shelter
in Conroe,Texas.
Thanks for listening to my little story.
Have a Blessed day to you and Portia.

Linda Kubista
8 Fairmeade Bend,
Spring,Tx. renomlinda@yahoo.com
and if you get bored, call me and let's chat==281-292-8986

Amy

Thanks Ellen, for letting people know about Indy... It's people like you that spread the words for the animals.

Shireen

I've been following Indy's story for the start and I just admire the people that saved him and everyone else that has helped him over the past couple of months.

Thank you Ellen for sharing this post

luann

I'm sure YOU wrote a big check? Right???

Xiomara M Lopez

I'm still in shock! I can't believe how someone so evil will do something like this to this beautiful animal.

(Page 2 of 3) Newer123Older