Support Indy the Dog

Ellen recently met Indy the Dog, who was abandoned after someone attached fireworks to him and ignited them on the 4th of July. He's doing much better, but his incredible rescuers at S.T.A.R.T. Rescue still need help to cover his extensive medical treatments. Make a huge difference in the life of an animal that deserves some love… by donating here.

Comments

(Page 1 of 3) 123Older
sauuda

This is a plea for help, not for me, but for "Minnie Mae." I adopted Minnie, a bull pit, when she was only four months old. When she arrived at my home, she jumped up in my lap and stayed. She bonded instantly with the family. I noticed that Minnie's right eye was very protruded and hazed over and I was told, dby her former owner, that it was due to an injury that she sustained at the paw of one of her litter mates. I later found that to be a total lie.

Minnie, in fact, was born with a birth defect, an ulcer in her eye and rather than doing the responsible thing by taking her to a vet,he gave her away. Minnie is now almost three. She's a happy and otherwise healthy bundle of love, but she has developed severe and debilitating seizures. The vet told me that it's highly likely that the ucler has grown outward as far as it can go and now it is probably putting pressure on her brain. They suggested surgery, but I cannot afford it even though I have insurance on her. I am afraid for her life. The seizures are coming more frequently and they are stronger and more violent.

I love this dog with all of my heart. She's a sweetheart who loves everybody, but I am willing to give her up to an organization that can get her the help that she so deserves if it will save her life. If she continues to have these seizures (tonight she's had three already)she will eventually die. I have reached out to several organizations, but to no avail. I am desperately seeking help for her and I don't know where else to turn. Please help "Minnie Mae" live. She has so much more love to give.

Thanks,

Sauuda Y. Eshe'
726 Clark Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27801

Christine Polson

January 31st, 2014

Dear Ellen (and everyone in her contact list)

My name is Christine Polson and I am writing to you from Superior, Wisconsin. (One of the coldest regions in the country at the moment).

My family has been active with our local Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF) and our county Human Society for the last fifteen years. We believe in their mission and we want to support helping animals.

In the last year, ARF merged with Animal Allies only to succumb to political and financial misunderstandings.

Our city ARF operated on a yearly budget of $20,000.00 (If I'm not exact, I'm close! The City Council meeting was going around in circles so the exact # got lost in the shuffle) That measly amount is now being debated. The ARF and Humane Society volunteers (who, across the entire country, are all in this to help the animals) work for nothing, yet they believe in what they do and won't stop!

My plea to you and all your friends is for a “match” of city tax dollars in order to provide at least one more year to our city shelter, until those involved get it together and figure this thing out!

I understand every city and county in this country is in a position of “money crunching” but to not support a local shelter is unimaginable! There are heartbreaking stories everywhere, I hate it!!

I don't want any money and the shelter workers don't want any money, we all just want a shelter for at least another year!

I know you are friends with people who love animals. Didn't Pam Anderson pose nude to protest fur?!! Go Pam! Are you friends with her? We can't do that in the north!

Are you friends with George Clooney? I heard he has a pet pig!? He wouldn't want his pig left out in the cold with no shelter! Can you imagine what would happen to him???? or her?? Sorry, don't remember if it was a boy or a girl pig!

I know the economy is bad and times are tough but I am not above begging for a worthy cause! You can safely consider me begging..no pun intended!..Ha, get it! :) There's even laughter in begging!

Please feel free to forward my plea to everyone in your address list! :)

Please consider and please continue to do what you do! My family loves your show and what you believe in!

Constant thoughts,

Christine Polson
3015 Hughitt Avenue
Superior, WI 54880/715-392-8733/218-260...-5529

Randy

Indy is leaving the Westlake Village Animal Hospital, where he has been taken care of for months. He was adopted by Vet Tech Jenny, and has his forever home. Gotta love happy endings.

Randy Scott

It rips my heart out to see any animal mistreated for my pup Rambo is my heart and he is like my very on child. It is most important to make sure he is well taken care of and showed the utmost love always. It hurts me so bad that someone could hurt any animal for they are our best friends. Thank you Ellen from the bottom of my heart you for you doing all that you can in helping with animal rights and the love for animals. Thank you!

Lori K

I cannot express my heavy heavy heart for animals that are abused and mistreated....how can anyone hurt a feeling, emotional, thinking being that God has created and put their head down on the pillow at night. Most animals, especially dogs and cats, just love you unconditionally. I cannot even read or hearing the majority of animal abuse stories that are reported on due to my emotional sadness I get when I hear or read about them.

On the positive side, it is such a breath of fresh air to hear of a celebrity that takes time out of their busy schedule to spend time on such a troubling matter. I do what I can financially to this disheartening subject but I have to close my eyes and ears to stories such as this because it really saddens me to know that there are people in this world like that.

Here in Dallas they did convicted several men who light a puppy on fire (that eventually succumbed to her wounds) but I really wish there were laws in place that would punish offenders to the maximum punishment that they would get if they did this to a human being.

THANK YOU ELLEN FOR HELPING ALL OF THESE DEFENSELESS PRECIOUS ANIMALS. God's special creatures. You are truly special :)

Lori K

I cannot express my heavy heavy heart for animals that are abused and mistreated....how can anyone hurt a feeling, emotional, thinking being that God has created and put their head down on the pillow at night. Most animals, especially dogs and cats, just love you unconditionally. I cannot even read or listen to the majority of animal abuse stories that are reported on due to my sadness that overwhelms me when I hear or read about them.

On the positive side, it is such a breath of fresh air to hear of a celebrity that takes time out of their busy schedule to spend time on such a troubling matter. I do what I can financially to this very disturbing subject but I have to not read the details of stories such as this because it really saddens me to know that there are people in this world like that.

Here in Dallas they did convicted several men who set a puppy on fire (that eventually succumbed to her wounds) but I really wish there were laws in place that would punish offenders to the maximum punishment that they would get if they did this to a human being. As I said before, these animals have emotions and feelings just like human beings (they just have a fur suit on).

Patti Cullen

This makes me cry. I read so many stories of animals being abused and neglected. What's wrong with the human race?! It breaks my heart that I can't help, but I have a 4 yr. old German Shepherd and 5 cats that I'm wondering how I'm going to feed this month. I have a chronic illness and am behind on everything. I'm afraid they're going to cut my internet and electric also, but most of all, I worry about my animals. I'd rather live in my car with all of them then give them up. I hope tis little guy heals completely and finds the love he deserves!! Please teach children that all life is precious, then these stories will become a thing of the past.

Ruben jr

So sad to hear about Indy the pitbull,amazing what people are capable of doing to animals,I would like to help,is there anyway you can post my website (PGTB.NET)to your show and with all sales from your viewers i will donate % to Indy for medical costs,,please let me know if we can work something out..only for the breed...thank you ,love you

mary schlicker

hi ellen. poor indy the dog I have no money but I send lots of love and prayers. how could anyone.....

Carolyn Van Hosen

The level of cruelty done to Indy is incomprehensible. If we had the means, my husband and I would start an entire rescue ranch, where any & all that need & deserve love, compassion and a wonderful life, especially beloved dogs, would be able to live & thrive. God bless all those angels who rescue and all those dogs who benefit, returning so much in the way of love & joy!!

Ashley Rozman

Hi Ellen!
I am a first time pet owner of a 2 year old yellow lab/chow/pitbull mix dog named Chief who my husband and I adopted from a local shelter near our home called Friendship APL in Elyria, Ohio. This shelter is one of the most loving and caring shelters I've ever been to. They are a no kill shelter and take any type of animal from dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, etc. They are also a non profit shelter and have to feed and shelter hundreds of animals based off of the generosity of local people, fundraisers and organizations and sometimes even the volunteers and employees bring in food, cat litter, etc. just to get by. They also make sure that the pets are spayed/neutered before adoption along with a full round of shots to bring them up to date. I can't think of any other shelter more deserving of the Petco Grant than Friendship APL!

Our dog Chief has thrived ever since adopting him from them. We did training with one of the trainers at the APL for little to no cost at all and from this Chief is now AKC certified! He is a treat taste tester for a local dog bakery and also tests out their toys to check for durability( He is a 75lb energetic puppy who tears up just about anything in his tracks ). Without Friendship APL's vow to be no kill shelter, Chief might not have gotten his second chance at life! Thank you very much Ellen for being these animals' advocates and for having the drive and commitment to help our animals who don't have a voice of their own.

Lu Behrens

i volunteer at Spencer Pet Rescue. Apparently in the midwest its "cool" to throw acid on dogs. we have had many injured dogs, of all breeds. We have to heal them before adoption, the medical expense is breaking our rescue, but we wouldnt have it any other way. The dogs are always so sweet, the unconditional love you get from a pet, even ones who have been so abused, is just amazing. Unfortunately, our landlord at Spencer/Parker kennel doesnt see it that way, she keeps raising our rent so even with fund raisers, we cannot keep up. Yesterday she threw us out. How can a kennel owner, who makes her living boarding pets, throw out the rescue? Greed.
We have fostered out the few dogs we had, the cats are in a building separate from the kennel so she will leave them there, for a while.
Now we are trying to raise the money, any way we can, for our own place. We have the perfect land, we have the kennel blue prints, now we need donations. We are still fund raising, $2000 on the street corners with buckets. $3000 golf tourney, need more, our manager is being called everyday with people wanting to place their pets with us, or a stray, or abused and we have to say "you have to take it to animal control" everyone knows they put them down. Its just not right. Please help.

Wendy Little

Dear Ellen,
a year and a half ago I applied to adopt a puppy from Lil' Waif Puppy Rescue in Bothell , WA. This is a small rescue, mostly family run. I am eternally grateful to them for saving my puppy and allowing use to be his adoptive parents. The family that runs this rescue spends every disposable cent they have, and quite a bit of money that is probably not so disposable to rescue pups who are in high kill shelters or are feral. Most come from eastern Washington where there is a puppy glut and there is little chance of survival of the puppies there. This family sacrifices giving each other gifts... Their five adopted daughters are grown and all bedrooms , except for the master suite have been converted to puppy pens. There is even an area in the home that has been converted to an isolation ward so that sick litters may be taken in and nursed back to health, fostered, then adopted. Being a family run organization they do not receive many funds. They work so hard to save every little and often the litter's Mamma. Please consider Lil' Waif Rescue when considering the large cash donation. I'm sure there are many deserving rescues. This family has given up any luxury (a lot of which many would consider essentials) to have money to save the puppies. They do not exchange gifts, purchase trees, ornaments or other decorations. There are no big Thanksgiving meals or Easter hams. There are no vacations. Instead they devote that money to the rescue of puppies. This is a small rescue and the family does a lot of work to save these puppies. They do all the travel to Eastern Washington from Western Washington and rescue either feral puppies or puppies from shelters. There is no staff on whom they rely to care for sick litters, they spend night after night awake nursing sick litters back to health. They also had to spend time finding homes for all of the puppies,reading all applications and conducting interviews and meet and greets in the determination of the appropriate home for each puppy. This family sacrifices so much to save puppies and is so passionate about their rescue work. I am forever indebted to them as they rescued a puppy whom they allowed me to adopt. this puppy is amazing, smart, funny, loving, sweet, and loyal. this puppy, now 1 1/2 years old was adopted to us at 8 weeks of age and quickly found his way into every corner of our hearts, even places that we didn't know existed. I love my Lil' Waif with every cell of my being. Please consider Lil'
Waif Puppy Rescue as a candidate for the cash award. Thank you very much. Thanks for your time and consideration. dddd

Valerie Ashley

Hi Ellen,
I am the Admin for an Exotic bird rescue in Rhode Island that has just been given some devastating news. Our plaza was sold and the new owners are turning two buildings into a parking lot, one of which is ours. We were given until Dec 30th to find a new location. We are fundraising and searching for a new location and 100,000 would literally make the difference between life and death for the 70 birds we are caretakers for. The owner is 67 years old, a veteran and has cared for these and other birds for the past 17 years using his retirement and Social security. Take a moment to view our current video fundraiser. The money we generate will help us find a new nest. Your help and any support will be greatly appreciated.

Cheryl Roberts

I guess this is where you want us to let you know about animal shelters in need. This animal shelter is not for dogs and cats of the small kind, but large animals that have been rescued from all kinds of situations. It's called The Wildlife Animal Sanctuary (www.wildlifesanctuary.org) in Keensburg CO. We went for the first time this weekend and what a wonderful place. Lions, tigers, bears, wolves, foxes (even a camel)who have been rescued can live out there days on huge acres of land. No cages just natural habitat (with a few toy type items for amusement).They rely on donations to feed and care for these animals. I had never heard about this place until my son told me about it and so I thought maybe you would enjoy knowing about it as well. I thought about writing you even before you announced the chance for the big prize on your show yesterday. I wish I were in a place to help support this organization but I am not. Maybe my way of helping out is letting you know about this place. I hope you take a few minutes and check out their website. Some of the stories of what they were rescued from are so sad. Thank you for letting me have a place to let you know about this organization. God bless our animals!

(Page 1 of 3) 123Older