Dr. Neal Barnard had a few great recipes to show Ellen. Try them for yourself right here!
Serves 2 (Makes about 3 cups)
- 1 very ripe banana (with plenty of brown speckles)
- 2 cups frozen fruit (such as berries, mangoes, strawberries, orange, and pineapple)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Start your blender on the lowest setting and slowly increase speed until mix turns in to a puree. Blueberries and grapes are shown to boost learning and recall. Power up your brain with a delicious blueberry smoothie!
- 3/4 cup Breakfast Smoothie
- 1/4 cup toasted dried oats or granola
- Fresh berries or a sprig of mint, for topping
Layer 1/4 cup of the smoothie in the bottom of a glass. Add a 2-tablespoon layer of oats next, followed by another 1/4 cup of smoothie. Repeat layers and finish with fresh berries and mint.