Tornado Victim Finds Her Dog

During a live interview, this victim of the devastating tornado found the dog that stayed with her through the whole ordeal. Watch it here, and text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the relief efforts.

Comments

Trish

This was such a happy ending for such a tragic event. I would have to say I would be the same way she was. Our pets become our family when the family is no longer living with you. All of my girls-Lillie my dalmatian, Emily my oldest whippet, and Baby my youngest whippet are like my kids. They even compete for attention just like my kids did when they lived at home. I would be thankful to pull through with my husband but would be a wreck if something happened to my girls. We had a tornado hit the side of house last year during the Pirates Festival. My dalmatian jumped in the closet. My whippets freaked. My husband ran them downstairs when he heard it was coming our way. He was able to run them to the back room and flip the couch. Luckily it just tore off the gutter, the siding on the left of house, shingles, and took the fence out. Luckily the tornado was not stronger. I feel so bad for these people. But finding your dog alive is a miracle this lady truly needed. I think I could handle the destroyed house over my dogs getting killed.

Dawn. Melvin

I think its so awesome that this woman got her dog back. I too live in moore,and we are looking for one of our cats Her name is Fluffy,we posted lost posters online and no one has found her. My grand daughter has done nothing but cry for her cat since this tornadoe hit and took her cat away. So im praying that someone finds her cat.

veronica

You can donate to Barbara's fundraiser on Fundly at http://fundly.com/barbara-bowser#campaign-pulse

Though she found her sweet dog Bowser under a pile of rubble during a live tv interview. She lost her house and every possession and does not have insurance. She is so happy to be alive and to have Bowser, but is now faced with the loss and devastation of losing everything. Please donate to help her rebuild her life and take care of Bowser.

1 Reply
Roberta

SO sweet and the little baby just laid there without a peep. THANK GOODNESS they found him. Maybe the camera guy and interviewer should have put down their equipment and helped the poor lady unearth her precious pup! But all in all I am so happy she found him/her. :) :) :)

Karen Borowiec

Please, please have this brave woman and her amazing dog on your show.

Colleen Fescenmeyer

I immediately thought of Ellen having this lady on her show. I was so disappointed in the new anchor that didn't help her rescue the dog. She should have put down the mic and gone on screen to help remove the debris from the dog. Plus the lady had to listen to and answer the dumb questions they always ask. I think she was a spitfire with her answers and she was so happy to have her little dog back. I really would love help everyone but I really want to send her some dog stuff for her little dog. I found her name. Barbara Garcia, a survivor of the massive tornado that struck an Oklahoma City suburb, found her dog buried alive under the rubble during her interview with CBS News' Anna Werner. Can you please help her and her little dog Ellen??

Bonnie Brodosky

Ellen please have that lady and her dog on your show from the tornado the one from the video. thanks Bonnie from Pa.

Pier Angela Parker

I am so happy the news reporter heard the dog and was their to help the lady. My heart is breaking. <3 I feel bad for everyone. The dog look so much like Toto from Wizard of Oz. So happy he is alive and the lady is ok. Wish Ellen could have them on the show. <3