bad-mother's-day-cards

Tracy K. from Marietta, Georgia sent in this revealing Mother's Day card. Nothing says Mother's Day more than sitting alone drinking wine. If you have a hilarious Mother's Day card like this one, we want to see it! Send it to us here.

Comments

Kasie Pace

Dear Ellen,

It is almost Mother's Day, and my heart is breaking for my sister and her husband. She is a mom of two adorable little boys, ages 4 and 2, and is due with a girl in July (in about 11 weeks). Three days ago, they found out that their youngest son has cancer on his kidney. They are in Primary Children's hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah. The tumor is bigger than a grapefruit and pushing on his lungs and liver, and has ruptured and is causing him to bleed internally. Because of this, they are giving him blood transfusions, and trying to do chemo to shrink the tumor because at this point removing it would be too much for his tiny body to handle. They are talking about doing surgery in about 6 weeks, which would be about 4 weeks to her due date. Both she and her husband are handling this news the best that they can, but I know it is going to be a long road for our family. He is the sweetest little boy, with the longest thickest eyelashes that you've ever seen. He's always been afraid of getting a haircut because he didn't like the thought that his hair was going to be gone, so now with chemo, we are all hoping he can handle it and not be afraid, if his hair falls out. They have so much love and support, but the money part of this whole situation is something I wish I could just make go away. They do have insurance, but with all of this and a baby coming so soon, I wish there was something I could do for them to help ease that burden. I am wondering Ellen, if this is a story that could catch your eye and you could help my sister and her family. We are all going to do everything we can as well, but any help would be such a blessing, especially with Mother's Day right around the corner. Thank you Ellen for all you do!

Valerie

Dear Ellen,
Please take a minute out of your amazing life to read a 20- somethings(not sure what shes going to do with herself)'s plead for recognition. I do not wish myself recognized, but a woman who has uprooted herself from her home country, with two children, and has never stopped bettering herself. (Even though all her degrees from the Ukraine did not transfer).

The other day I was thinking about life, meaning, AND how hard it is to find a direction in life! Not only is it hard to find the correct direction of your heart- but also the following through with all the necessary mumbo-jumbo is a pain. Which- led me to think about my MOTHER. She- a native Ukrainian, fell in love with an American tourist, took her two children and made the trip from Europe to little ol Ohio. In Ukraine she had already gone though college as a single mother, she was established and successful, So when she made the trip and NONE OF THE DEGREES transferred, she was back to square one in her life. I cant imagine how FRUSTRATING that would be! On top of that? She didn't speak a LICK of English!

Now, nearly 12-13 years later, now divorced from the man she followed here, her oldest daughter in Afghanistan and the other with no direction in life, she has lost her job and instead of feeling helpless has gone back to school. I commend her for not giving up when life gives her such unfair outcomes. I love watching her laugh about what shes learning and how frustrated she gets when her brain doesn't work the way she needs it to, but the joy of victory shines from within her when she comes out on top in a certain subject. The sheer dedication to her schooling is admiring, and i have no doubt this worrier of a woman will come out on top with a healthy Bachelors degree in healthcare education.

As someone who is just now starting their own journey in life, i see how unfair this world can be sometimes, and the fact that my mother has done so much and sacrificed her own wants and needs to provide for her children: The ADMIRATION I feel for her is unfathomable. Never before have i been so aware of how strong of a woman she has had to be, and I am so proud to have her as my hero.

Please Ellen, she admires you so much, I only ask for a tiny amount of recognition. A phone-call, e-mail, a shout-out- anything would cause such a spiritually moving response for her! My only wish this mother's day, is to give her that response.

I send you and your family good vibes and energy
-Valeriya
-seedling of Valentyna

Natalie Chen

To be honest I do not know all the special days in the US. Since I am step in to the US, I am always busy with my three children and no time to watch TV or chat with the friends. In 2012 my youngest daughter start go to the college,than I have some time to watch the TV. On TV I saw Ellen show, I like it the most.Now I heard about new special day from Ellen( example, take daughter to work day). Thank you very much Ellen. Mother day is coming again. Happy mother day to Ellen and all mothers in the world.

Robin  Bianchi

Mothers Day! Think about what that means & cherish it. As someone who will no longer get to have the joy of spending This day with my son, I have learned what its really all about. It does not matter if they get you flowers or a gift or take you to dinner. What matters is, you are lucky to be a mom & they are lucky to have you for a mom, and THATS ALL. I lost my son Paul 4 mos ago at 22 yrs old. He , of course was my world and i will never have him on mothers day again. Every year, Paul would say.. " Im lucky to have you huh mom" I would answer.. Yep. Then he'd say... "And ur lucky to have me too, huh" I would answer, Yep. That was his unique way of telling me Happy Mothers Day. Those words were the best gifts Paul ever gave me. Happy Mothers Day to all of the moms out there & God bless you. Robin.
Ellen I didnt kow u had a Daughter. It cracked me up when she played the EMBARRESSED BY MY MOM role on your show. I hope the three of you spend a wonderful Mother('s- plural) day together.

Griselda Galindo-Vargas

Ellen!

Just wanted to give you a heads up on a wonderful tradition that a friend gave me. On Mother's Day instead of Mom getting gifts she would give her son a gift. I believe children are blessings for us parents so I took on that new tradition the past 3 years and have been giving my children gifts on Mother's Day. 😬

1 Reply
Susan Stockler

Let me start by saying I love The Ellen Show! Ellen you are the most amazing woman I know! I have a sister and brother-in-law who are the most selfless people I know. They have taken me in and helped me alot! I would love for them to be surprised by you! They have a daughter (one of twins) that met her now husband on a computer game (World of Warcraft). He is an Aussie and she is now living over there in Perth, Australia. My sister and brother-in-law skype with her every weekend, but I know they miss her and would love to see her again. My request is if you can make it happen for them? I am using her computer but I have a private email so she would not know! I hope this reaches you and we can work on something to happen for them! I love all that you are Ellen!!!

1 Reply