He told a polarizing joke to Ellen while he was here last week, and her audience voted on whether they thought it was funny. The results are in! Matthew Perry returned to weigh-in on the feedback, and to tell a new joke!

Tell us what you thought of Matthew Perry's puppets joke by calling our hotline: 818-977-9388 or by voting below in the poll!

Comments

(Page 6 of 9) Newer3456789Older
William Jackson

Matthew Perry's peach joke was lol funny to all sailors. On board a ship the restroom is called a HEAD.

Roland

It seems to me,
that the older Matthew Perry gets,
the more he resembles Leo Gorcey.

cathy marin

Is guess you have to be from new York to understand the joke. That is why Ellen didn't get it.

Donnielle Crawford

umm I think some people thought Matthew Perry's first joke was dirty because in some circles "peach" can also mean vagina.....lol And I also thought his second joke was funny

Karen Nutt (yes, that's real)

"PUPPETS...Puppets...puppets"

It would have been funnier if the man had been standing outside on the streets of:

Congress

or

Disneyworld

or

a plastic surgeons office

Karen Nutt (yes, that's real)

PS: The funnier joke was having the viewers call the number above, 818-977-9388, to comment on Matthew Perry's "Puppet" joke only to hear a recorded voice say something along these lines:

Thanks for calling The Ellen Show's advertising line. If you have something you would like to advertise, please leave a message as well as (here's the joke...)

HOW MUCH MONEY YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY FOR ADVERTISING!!!!

Jan Fredericks

Who is Matthew Perry?
Was the puppet joke suppose to be funny?
haha

Veronica Millar

Matthew Perry's Peach joke as very funny!!! His Puppet joke was slightly stupid but It was funny to watch him try to tell it without cracking himself up!! LOL

Ellen rocks!!

Brenda

Mathew Perry was on the other day,I would have called him but my phone only holds 100 numbers guess he got bump off. The joke he told I think goes this way.
A guy comes into a bar carrying a gym bag which he sets down on the bar. The bartender takes his order, while he's gone the man takes from gym bag a piano,stool and twelve inch tall man. The bartender returns and in amazement ask the man where he found him. The guy explains that he collects junk, and while cleaning a lamp a genie comes out and grants him wish. The bartender interrupts the man's story and offers to buy the lantern. He then wishes for a million bucks he gets a million ducks. He ask the guy wants wrong with the genie the guy reply's do you think i wished for a twelve inch painoest.

Ann Mathew

I got the joke! The people in the streets are just going about mindlessly as puppets of the system, which made the man shout 'puppets1'. He was yelling out the truth, like the comic characters in Shakespeare, yet no one took notice of him. It was funny because of the layers of meaning. Oh, Ellen, you didn't get it :(

sherry Scarlett

I think Matthew Perry is super hot but both jokes are stupid.

sherry Scarlett

Matthew Perry is super hot but the jokes were so stupid. It's a good thing he's sexy and hot, his jokes sucks. I love u too Ellen.

M.G. Shimmerbart

What's NOT funny about that joke?! It's a guys yelling "PUPPETS" who we assume is selling said puppets, but it turns out that he's not selling anything and is just crazy. Hilarious! I mean, puppets are funny by themselves. Matthew Perry could have just said "PUPPETS" and called it a day and I would have been in stitches. Anyway, I just got laid off yesterday and that joke made me laugh, so thanks Matthew Perry!!!

Joy Rankin

I thought Matthew's joke was hilarious...because ANYTHING Matthew says just drips from his lips funny. His facial expressions coupled with his spot on sarcasm just makes anything he says funny to me. He's funny without having to try...hence, the joke! :)

Terry

I thought his joke was dirty.hahaha.

(Page 6 of 9) Newer3456789Older