Ellen Recommends: Crossroads Restaurant

If you know anything about me, you know that I'm America's sweetheart. If you know anything else, it might be that I love great restaurants. I’m always looking for the best place for a fantastic meal, and I think I finally found it.

Tal Ronnen's new restaurant, "Crossroads" in Los Angeles, is absolutely my new favorite place to eat. The food is fresh, creative and delicious, the atmosphere is sexy, beautiful, and packed with people who are in the know. If you get a chance, you have to check it out. Last night I had a dream about their artichoke oysters. I woke up to discover I had driven to the restaurant and ordered some.

One of my favorite things about this amazing restaurant is the bar. Not only is it a gorgeous place to meet up with a friend, but the drinks are spectacular. They have a huge selection of beer, wine and cocktails. I’m determined to try every single one of them. I don’t care if it takes me all dinner.

Tal Ronnen is one of the most brilliant chefs in the world, and this restaurant is gonna knock your socks off. If you’re vegan, it’s gonna be the best meal you ever had. There are people who aren’t vegan who go there just because the food is that ridiculously good. It’s co-owned by Moby, so if you go, you not only have great taste in food, you also have great taste in music. It’s a win/win.

I’ve been to a lot of incredible restaurants, but this one takes the vegan carrot cake ice cream. I’ll see ya there!

Crossroads
8284 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
323-782-9245

Comments

Laurie

I love Crossroads and the healthy, delicious and innovative food. It's my favorite restaurant in Los Angeles too and the best thing is I can walk to it! I used to have to go to Las Vegas to eat Tal Ronnen's yummy spin on vegan food at Wynn and Encore but now that Crossroads has opened I'm there often and enjoy every delicious visit. Incredible vegan deserts, too. The future of upscale vegan dining in Los Angeles has arrived -- and it is Crossroads! Hope to see you there some time.

BETTY SIMS

I COULD BE VEGAN REAL EASY. I AM GETTING YOUNGER (65) AND MEAT DOES NOT INTEREST ME IN ANY WAY. I LOVE MY VEGETABLES OF ALL KINDS. STREAM,BROIL,BOIL, AND SOMETIME RAW. I HAD TO MOVE IN WITH MY DAUGHTER AND HER FAMILY, THE KIDS ARE 5 AND 7 SO KRIS DOES NOT COOK VEGAN BUT I EAT MORE VEGGIES THAN MEAN ANYWAY. DINNER IS THE ONLY MEAL I ACTUALLY EAT EXCEPT FOR AN OCCASIONAL PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH THIS IS MY FAVORITE. I LOVE POWER SUGAR DONUTS A LOT, JUST ADD SUGAR AND CALL ME THAT COULD BE DINNER IF YOU HAVE TEA OR COFFEE. LOL
I LOVE YOUR SHOW, WATCH IT EVERY DAY I LOVE STEVE HARVEY TOO,HE COMES ON AT 2 IN THE AFTERNOON AND YOU ARE AT 3 IN THE AFTERNOON.THE TWO OF YOU TOGETHER COULD MAKE ME WET MY PANTS. FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY. WELL HOPE YOUR MOM IS WELL AND DOING OK, I AM VERY HAPPY ABOUT YOUR SUCCESS AND NUMBER OF SEASONS YOU HAVE HAD WITH THE SHOW. EACH YEAR I HOLD MY BREATH BECAUSE I AM WORRIED THAT YOU MIGHT BE BORED AND READY TO DO SOMETHING ELSE , HOPE NOT AND GIVE US LOTS OF WARNING TIME. DON;T POP IT OUT THAT IN TWO WEEKS YOU ARE GONE. HOW HORRIBLE WOULD THAT BE. I WOULD NOT DO THAT TO YOU. YOUR KINDNESS TO OTHERS IS AMAZING. I INCLUDE YOU IN MY PRAYER CHAIN EVERYDAY, HOPE YOU DO NOT MINE. WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO ALICE THE OLDER LADY THAT DANCED ON YOUR SHOW SEVERAL YEARS AGO. I WONDER ABOUT HER SOMETIMES. WELL I WILL LET YOU GO KNOW YOUR BUSY. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. TELL PORTIA HI AND THE SAME TO HER

Janet Cavallari

I'm surprised to tell you how encouraging you've been for me to go vegan,(heh almost wrote vegas,but someone else suggested that)Its been almost a year!! Love Roberto's cookbook as I'm passionate about food and health, and have been for a long time. My Daughter Sam has been vegan for 10 years, and my youngest Vron(Veronica)hardly ever ate meat and has been vegetarian for at least half her life. Sounds like I'm writing a Story about how much I love to cook and have people enjoy a good meal. I'll be celebrating my 50th Birthday this year and think Crossroads sounds about right! I really just wanted to say thanks, and keep up the good work. You have a Good Soul.

Wendy Weiss

Tivo your show every day...that way I never miss an episode. Yay!

Patricia

GEE I HAVEN'T EVER BEEN TO CROSSROADS RESTURANT! I'd like to try it one day soon!

Patricia

MICHELLE FROM THE VOICE SHOULD BE ON YOUR SHOW! YOU'D REALLY LIKE HER!

FONDA JEFFERSON

ELLEN, I TRY AND WATCH YOUR SHOW AS MUCH AS I CAN. I WORK ARTTIME AND SOMETIMES WORK DOES GET N THE WAY BUT I LOVE YOU AND STEVE HARVEY SO MUCH. I AM HOPING TO GET TICKETS I JUST KEEP TRYING BUT THEY ARE USUALLY GONE BY THE TIME I GET ON THE WEBSITE, MAYBE TO DAY WIL BE MY LUCCKY DAY. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN PERSON REAL SOON.

A FAN
FONDA JEFFERSON

Suzan

Went to the hospital last week with chest pain.. Naturally; they did all the cardo test; which all came back negative thankfully. When my middle daughter came to pick me up she asked what was wrong with me...? I said; I guess stress. She replied; You don't have any stress the test was negitive. Just a little chuckle...from a NOT stressed out MOM... Hope every Mother had a wonderful day.

Hema Plummer

i would love to spend my birthday this year with you & my family because you are so fun. Can your people tell me how i can make this possible? i have been wanting to do this forever. since i decided to do something out of ordinary every birthday and this is what i want to do this year. :). you and i have two common things food and fun so shouldnt be that bad :). by the way that chickpeas look yummy.

Denise dennison

Hi Ellen. We live you show and watch it every day here in Delaware. I've been wanting to send comments and share photos but I'm a little computer illiterate and/or all the corn fields around here are blocking my attempts. I'm a proud mother of two ages 20 and 4. My youngest has SPD and is always smiling laughing telling jokes, singing and dancing. We love that your show brings laughter,dancing and so much positivity into our home every day. You do so much good for so many. We'd LOVE so much for you to come visit us here in Delaware. We are orotund to be the first state. We have TAX FREE shopping, the largest twin span bridge, a car racetrack, plenty of slot and horse racing throughout our state. We too, have powerball! But our best accomplishment is that we JUST legalizedsame sex marriages and happily celebrate in our beachfront town Rehoboth. I'd live to be your tour guide not only to our beautiful state but we are scar ride away from DC, inner harbor Baltimore and the city if brotherly love, Philadelphia. Please let me show you our eastern shores. We have plenty of room here for you to stay. Lots of love to you and all you do. DENISE

Valerie

I will have to add this to a must-do! Geeking out over food is my thing!

linda Cobb

I love your show , haven't had time to watch like I would like to because I've been working. So receiving your newsletter keep me informed. I would love to come to a live show.

Marilyn Lewis

Just reading your blog about Crossroads and being a vegan is making me hungry. I'm going to take a look at going vegan (I'm sure it's better for one's system). Thanks, Ellen and thanks for your always-inspiring show!

Sandra

Just ate there tonight for the 4th time this month (well, they HAVE only been open a month!), and going back Monday. If I could, I'd eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner there every day (ok, well, they're now only open for dinner BUT I'd just eat 3 meals in a row after 5). Uh-MAZING! The food actually tastes soooo much better than it looks in the pix, and the staff is so unbelievably nice and friendly and welcoming, even if you're a nobody like me. Not just Ellen gets the star treatment there. If you're lucky enough to live in the area, run, don't walk, to this magical place NOW!!!

Dina Wickliffe

OMG... Sorry didn't mean to yell.. But the food looks awesome. Not that I can just run over there, just a bit further than I'd like to drive, but it looks great. And I bet it taste the same.