Win Tickets to Ellen's Mother's Day Show!

Calling all first-time pregnant moms! You can win tickets to Ellen's Mothers Day Show 4 different ways! On Instagram, on Pinterest, on Twitter and on Facebook! Make sure you're following Ellen on all of those sites to make sure you don't miss your chances to win. Good luck!

Comments

(Page 4 of 24) Newer1234567Older
Sarah

Hi Ellen,
I know that the Mother's Day show will be coming soon and I wanted to share my
story, in hopes of getting to be in the audience! My husband and I have been
married for almost 3 years and have been trying for a little over 2 to have a
baby. We got pregnant right away in May of 2012. We were so excited about the
news! I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy and we were devastated. We waited a
few months before trying again and we got pregnant right away in January 2013.
Once again we we're beyond excited and even saw the little heartbeat at my first
checkup. Unfortunately our next appointment wasn't good and ended up having a
miscarriage. Our Dr. Recommended we see an infertility specialist just to see
what could be wrong. We started seeing a specialist and one test showed that I
would need to have surgery and have one of my tubes removed. We were not really
in the situation money wise to have surgery so whatever insurance did not cover
we put on our credit cards. After surgery we started cycles of injections and
fertility meds. I knew we had a high chance of conceiving since we were having
help. After 2 rounds of unsuccessful treatments and over 4,000 dollars later we
decided we wanted to take a break from treatments. By this time both my husbands
and mine credit cards were maxed out and we were already over 30,000 dollars in
debt with student loans and now medical bills, on top if trying to save to
purchase our first home. Well 2 months after treatments we got the best news
ever! We had gotten pregnant on our own with no help! I was in complete shock at
first because we paid someone to help us and was unsuccessful, and with only one
tube I knew it would be harder. I didn't believe I was pregnant until I was able
to see and hear the babies heartbeat. We are due in October and it would mean
more than anything to be on your show. I watch your show everyday and my mom and
I call each other to talk about all the funny things that happened on that days
show.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!!

Crista Kane

I follow you on all these mediums and love your show and especially your Mother's day show. Every year I always hope to be pregnant for it....didn't happen as soon as I would've liked. My husband and I struggled with infertility for years and are finally being blessed with our first baby this October 2014. Please consider me for this once in a lifetime opportunity. LOVE YOU ELLEN!!

Haley

Hello Ellen! I have been checking your website the past few months looking for the announcement of your 2014 Mothers Day show, and it looks like I'm not the only one! I know this thread is for last years episode but I'd like to throw my name into the ring for possible tickets to your show this year. I watch this particular episode every year, and it always brings me to tears watching how grateful those women are to receive those gifts. It's amazing that you give away safe baby products that many may not be able to afford. My husband and I are thrilled to be expecting our first baby this August! I just found out we are having a boy, and this will be the the first grand baby on his side of the family. We surprised my mother in law with our pregnancy announcement on Christmas and I got it all on recording. We are both currently unemployed, and live with the in laws to save money. It would be an answer to our prayers if I got tickets to your show this year, as money is tight and we are trying to be frugal with our baby expenses. I'd be able to provide my own transportation down to your studio, if given the blessed opportunity. We're big fans of your show, and I watch it all the time in addition to following on facebook and instagram. I have our video surprising my in laws on youtube, I think you might enjoy it. Here is the link: http://youtu.be/iirx3U3oot0

Thanks for being so kind!
ps- notice the box next to my mother in law in the video? it's Head's Up!

Abbi

First off, thank you Ellen for being hysterical! I absolutely love watching your show and usually my tummy hurts by the end from all the laughing. Secondly, I so want to come to your show for the Mother's Day special! My husband and I are due with our first child on our 2nd anniversary! We are beyond ecstatic to be parents since it took quite a few months for this little one to be conceived. My husband kept saying, it will happen when it's supposed to, when it's our turn. I guess he was right! I think this would be a great opportunity to spend some quality time with my two best friends from high school who are also expecting their first babies! One is due two weeks before mother's day and the other is due in August, 3 weeks before my husband and I. Since high school, we've all been so busy with college and now our careers that we don't always get to spend as much time together as we'd like; but I think this would make a perfect getaway for us three amigas! Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! Thank you!

Cindy Elliott

M

Julie Gonzalez

Ellen,

Once again, just wanted to remind you about the fabulous Cristy Flores! My high school journalism teacher and amazing adviser for our high school yearbook. I always felt like that she trusted in my potential more than I did and I am here to return that favor. I know she will make it to your show! She is always punctual, so you wont have to worry about her being late. If you followed her on Instagram you would know that she takes great pictures and adds the best caption, so you will come out looking great in her pictures. She is a huge fan of Peanuts, so she might quote them, but that is okay! Speaking of Peanuts, she is expecting her own little peanut very soon. Yay for first time mommy Cristy Flores! It would mean the world to her and me, if she came to your show!! Don't miss out on the awesome opportunity to have Cristy Flores in your presence, she is amazing!

Brittany Savedra

Hello Ellen,

I am writing this comment for Cristina Flores-Barela or C-Flo. She was my high school yearbook teacher for two years and I can't think of anyone who deserves this opportunity. She was an amazing yearbook teacher, and a good friend. She is married to Curtis, her husband of four years. They met in Las Vegas and did the long distance relationship for a few years until finally c-flo finally decided to move to California to be with her husband. C-flo is such a strong, inspiring woman to have gone through a long distance relationship with her husband, so it makes sense that someone so humble and patient should get this opportunity. She will be expecting her first peanut in August, and I cannot be more excited for her. Hoping to see you on the Mothers Day Show C-flo!

Jessica Brett

Hi Ellen! My husband and I have been dealing with infertility for years. He is 33 and I am 31 and we have been married almost 7years (together for total of 10yrs). After years of procedures, doctor appts, surgeries, medications, a miscarriage and 2 rounds of IVF we are proud to announce we are finally pregnant. It has been a roller coaster of emotions even with this pregnancy. At first we were having complications and thought we may lose this baby as well, but I am stable and all is well. I am currently 15wks and we will find out this week what the gender is.....we are beyond excited! I would love sooooo much to be on your Mother's Day show! I love watching your show and who you are as a person. You are truly inspirational to all and it would be a dream come true to celebrate the success of my journey on your show! Thank you!!
Sincerely,
Jessica Brett

Nyke Roberts

Hi Ellen & Staff!!!
I am so very excited to have the possibility to be on your MOTHERS DAY 2014 show!
My husband and I are 30 years old and have been trying for a baby for a while. Then in November, we were blessed with news that we're expecting our first little one in July :). I hope this isn't too scary, but you were the first person I thought about after getting the positive on the stick.
I know you are a really big deal and people would do alot to be on your show. So with that being said if I can't fit in the audience and have to sit in the Riff-Raff room, I'll be okay with that.
Thanks again for your laughter, giving heart, and great moves.

-Nyke (pronounced like the shoe) Roberts

P.S. My experience wouldn't be complete without dancing along side of you. My baby already has a few moves ;)

Lori Kuhn

I have emailed and sent letters never heard from anyone, so disheartening. Well now I have a new e mail everything else stayed the same. I would love for my sister and myself to come to the 2014 Mother's Day show. I am a mother she lost a stepson but is a wonderful Godmother to my son. Please may we have tickets to that show. We love the show and Ellen.
Sincerely,
Lori Kuhn

Tyler Simonich

Dear Ellen,

My name is Tyler Simonich, and I know there are so many wonderful woman that deserve to go to your show. However, I have one dear to my heart that I feel deserves this honor as well. My fiance, Candace Manns, is pregnant with our first of hopefully many more. She is 29 weeks pregnant and watches your show daily and has them all DVR'd. She would love nothing more than to be able to go to your show. I've never met a more wonderful and beautiful woman in my life. She is a full time student at the University of Montana and I am just about to leave one of my two part time jobs to work a full time and my other part time job. I am doing my best to support us and afford to do special things to make her know she's the most important person in the world to me. If she was invited to come onto your show she would be the most excited woman in the world. Her and our precious Brynlee (baby girl) would be dancing for weeks right into your show. I would do anything to give her a chance to be on your show, just to make her the happiest girl in the world. I implore/beg/plead/ask/request/any other synonym for the word for you to invite her to the show. Heck I even really, really want to be on your show but I was told its for pregnant woman only haha. I hope this gets to you and you see it. I know if you met her you would invite her yourself to the show.

Sincerely,
Tyler Simonich

Matt N

Ellen,

I am leaving a comment here in hopes to win tickets for my wife Jessica to surprise her for Mother's Day. Jessica and I got married back in September of this past year, and we recently found out we are expecting our first child. We couldn't be more excited!

Jessica is the kind of woman who always thinks of others before she thinks of herself. In fact, she is the most thoughtful person I've ever met. I joined the army back in 2012 and, despite her not being too crazy about the idea, she supported it because it was what I always dreamed of doing. She has shown unrelenting support towards me and my military career during these last few years, even though she has had to make tons of sacrifices in order to do it. She has been having to deal with me being gone all the time for training without any communication whatsoever for months at a time. Due to my inflexible schedule, she has had to miss out on vacations and weekend trips with our friends. After we got married she left her blossoming career and all her friends in order to move to North Carolina with me. She has always been extremely goal driven and leaving her career has been extremely hard on her. As a city girl, its been rough for her to adjust to "being in the middle of nowhere" and away from people. Many times I receive thanks for doing the job that I am doing, but the job of being a military spouse is usually thankless, despite their sacrifices being tenfold of ours. Therefore, I would like to thank her for all her support and sacrifices by entering her for a chance to be a part of the audience of one of her favorite shows. Please consider having Jessica at your show-- I guarantee that you won't find a more fun woman who loves to dance anywhere else!

Susie Carrillo

Dear Ellen,
I am writing this message in the BIG HOPE that you will invite Cristy Flores-Barela and her husband Curtis to be on your upcoming Mother's Day show. C-Flo, as I know her, was my Journalism and Yearbook teacher throughout high school. She has been such a wonderful and inspiring mentor, and I cannot imagine how different High School would have been without her.
I will never forget the picture frame she had in her desk, one picture with her and Curtis the night they met at a club in Vegas (I always loved when she told us the story on how they met!) and the other was the day of their wedding. I never told C-Flo this but their love story, their marriage and how happy they are is so heartening. They have been married for four years, and although it was obvious their relationship was strong, I know being apart was tough for them. Curtis was living in California pursuing the job he wanted and C-Flo stayed back home in Texas with her family (which in a way I'm glad because otherwise I would have never met her.)
Finally, C-Flo left her job and joined her husband in California. She is now pursuing her Masters in Counselor Education, and there is no doubt in my mind she will be an amazing and above all, a truly motivational high school counselor. Knowing the ease she has to listen, be kind, caring and patient also makes me extremely excited about their journey as first time parents! They are expecting a baby girl this August, and everyone is so delighted for them!
I could not think of anyone more deserving than this humble couple to be on your show Ellen. Not only do I know they will be wonderful parents but I also know they will be extremely grateful of any help they can get. (Hint. Hint. On your show, Hint. Hint.)
I'll be crossing my fingers to see C-Flo on your Mother's Day show! Thank You(:

Hillary Hambric

I would like to recommend my dear friend Cristina Flores-Barela and her husband, Curtis Barela for tickets to be in the Mother's Day audience. Cristy and Curtis have an amazing love story! They met in Las Vegas--both were visiting the city, and both happened to decide to visit a nightclub while they were there. They met, chatted, exchanged numbers...and quickly realized they were meant to be together--but Curtis lived in California, and Cristy lived in Texas. They did the long distance thing for a couple years, and made it work. They were married a little over four years ago, and spent the first couple years of their marriage living apart. When Curtis couldn't find a job in Cristy's hometown, she gave up her teaching position and moved away from her family to be with him. Now, Cristy is studying to be a guidance counselor, with a special focus on encouraging girls to pursue careers in STEM fields. Curtis is supporting the family while she works on her graduate degree. In December, they discovered their family would be growing! Their first baby, affectionately known as The Peanut, will arrive in August. I know that C.Flo, the Hubs, and The Peanut would be delighted to be on your show and celebrate with other first-time moms!

Cassidy

I am writing to you on behalf of my dear friends, Melissa and Ger McEvoy. Theirs is love story like no other, but it's one we can all learn from.
Melissa and Ger met in Maryland years ago. They fell in love. They knew they would get married. Ger is originally from Ireland; however, because he was in love, he had overstayed his Visa a smidge. In order to do everything the right way, he returned to Ireland. They got married in Ireland, and they had plans to return to the states after the wedding. Paperwork kept Ger tied up in Ireland for 3 years while Melissa returned to the U.S. They spent their first three years of marriage an ocean apart. Ger, finally and legally, returned to Maryland in July of 2011, and they are living together as husband and wife. Last year, they bought a cute little house and have spent a year making it their own.
They knew they wanted kids, and they wanted to wait until everything was in place to start their family. Melissa is pregnant! They are absolutely beside themselves with love for each other and for their baby-to-be. They have so much to give, I wanted to see if you would give them something in return. Melissa is an elementary school teacher and Ger works for a marine construction company. They do all right, but they have financial challenges that are overshadowing their ability to be besotted with the idea of starting a family.

(Page 4 of 24) Newer1234567Older