It's a song that defined an era. Rick Springfield himself was here with the Sound City Players to perform his hit.

Comments

Carolyn

Exciting to see Rick he looked good and sounded great. Made my day.

Susan Bernstein

How great was that. Happy Birthday to Rick on Friday. See you in Florida in Novemeber. Love ya.

Kay cat

OMG, I love you Ricky ! :-)
I Could never get tired of watcthing his performance and this song ! This boy still sends shivers down my back and puts goosebumps on my arms!! Keep on Rockin Ricky, we all love you...:-)

Lauri Jaffe

This was a great performance. Fun seeing a "new" band playing Rick's famous Jessie's Girl song, led by Rick! Great energy on stage and everyone seemed to be having a good time on stage and in audience, and in home watching. Love that song, love that Rick and the whole Sound City story is fascinating! Thanks Ellen.

Bruce Brown

I loved the musical performance today. I am an old bandster myself, I grew up on that era of music.

Ann

Ellen,

How could Rick Springfield's hit, Jessie's Girl, released in 1981 have been inspired by Saved by the Bell's Jessie Spano which came out in 1989? What?

Ann

Bryan Graham

Ellen you are amazing what you do for so many I want to give my 6 kids a shout out my kids have talants that I am so proud of my oldest daughter sings amazing step son in collage my oldest son in the air force in japan my step daughter is a national Honor student my youngest son piano here is a pic from my youngest daughter if i can figure out this new phone i might be able to finish this please dont correct my spelling lol i work at the world famous Big Texan look forward to hearing back from Bryan W Graham

B

As I was driving home today, Rick Springfield popped in my mind... As random as it sounds, it was very odd to then turn on my TV and have him appear on Ellen almost right away! I got goosebumps! He is just as handsome and talented as the days when he stared at me from my bedroom wall... Love you, Rick!