Ellen needed a raincoat and an umbrella for an epic science experiment that could only be Steve Spangler's.

Comments

Jenny O.

How wonderful! and I was able to find empty film canisters at http://www.filmcanisterrockets.com

have fun!

D. Mojica

All pre-school teachers should do the film canister/alka-seltzer science experiment!!! I know the kids would love it because I was once a pre-school teacher! Wish I would've know about the tablets way back when we had oodles of film canisters donated to our school!! Awesome, Steve Spangler!!!

Laurie R. Abramson

It was Ellen O'Clock, time for a cup of tea, and what a joy to tune in at the start of the segment with Steve Spangler. Fizzy explosions of film canisters made me carefree, happy and young. At my advanced age I have yet to build a volcano (is it ammonia and baking soda?) and other childhood, scientific thrills. The last time I felt this light was in September. I took a friend out for his birthday and surprised him with children's party blowers, the kind that squawks as the curled paper tube unfurls. We were festive as we tootled around lower Manhattan. Ellen, thank you for the gift.

Mindy Brewer

That was the coolest thing I've seen on TV in the longest time! We need a regular Sciece Guy! Thanks Ellen.

Eileen Miner

LMAO!!!!!!This brought back memories of how my son would experiment with baking soda and vinegar. He told me he got a 6" bruise from falling off his bike. My husband told me later it was a vinegar and baking soda bottle that backfired and just missed not ever being able to have children of his own. Imagine that emergency at the hospital. Thank god you came out of today OK.

Margaret    Igwe

Ellen what was that?You are running away from your lab class,That is interesting and is fun