Quote of the Day: Kindness Week, Day 3
It's day 3 of Ellen's "Kick in the Kindness" Week! Here's a quote from Mark Twain about the nature of kindness. We hope it inspires you to do something kind today!

Comments

VERA BUNTE

My husband and I were married feb 17 1950 ,he being in Air Force pay day came twice a month ,the first time the two of us went grocery shopping,he wanting to make sure we had enough to eat until next payday put in more groceries than we had money for ,we had to put a couple things back,,,
Since that happened to us I have enjoyed paying for someone's groceries etc. when there is someone that comes up short at regrester when they over buy,,This has happened a few times over our 63 years of buying groceries...Makes me fell Blessed that I was there to pay' Sincerely Vera Bunte

Kathryn Poynton

Kindness is my religion.
Kate

Pamela

Dear Ellen, I really think you should order the Magic Ice Cream Maker!! I saw it on a commercial (in between watching your show, mind you), and couldn't believe what I saw!! Please, Ellen, order this to show your audience and that one TV viewer that watches your show, what a ridiculous product this is!!! Not to mention what a ridiculous comment that was . . . probably at lest 10,000,000 viewers!! My bad!!

Cheryl Edwards

My first thought is why do we need something like kindness week? Kindness is a lifestyle, we all should be practicing this on a daily basis in all our interactions. Now as I think about how rude and unkind alot of people are, I can see where the kindness week might help, but seriously people just be nice!!!
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl Edwards
Palm Harbor, Florida

pebblesisfree@yahoo.ca

Hi Ellen,
Today being Valentine's Day, I gave Caroylyn at our local McDonald's in Truro a Valentine's box with Hershey chocolates and some money to treat herself today. She's always very pleasant even while working under such "timed" drive-thru pressure!

Pamela

Hi, Ellen!! Your show is just so inspirng in so many ways!! If I'm down in the dumps, all I have to do is watch your show! If I have missed one, I always have them recorded, so think I may be one of the thousands of viewers that haven't missed a show!! Go ahead . . try me!!!

Anna Logies

Ellen,
Thank you and your staff for such an excellent example of

TRUE YIN YANG, with how to love (each other) shown for us.

You light up this world with your fun, caring spirit and beautiful smile. Whether due to Amazing Grace, enlightenment, chakra alignment, quantum love, or other, it's truly a

WORK OF LOVE.

Merci to tu!

Terri McHugh

Re: Kindness. Mark Twain is one of my heros, by the way. I did a small thing, very small. My husband lost his job 12-14. We went out around that time to run errand and get lunch at a hot dog place we like (also cheap). A woman walked in from quite a distance ( I noticed her because she was alone)and it was a cold and windy day day. I overheard her order 2 coneys, but after asking the price, she reduced her order to one hot dog and water. I stopped and asked her on our way out if I had heard her correctly and she said yes, she didn't have enough money for two hot dogs. I gave her all the cash I had, only $3.50. She acted as if I'd given her $100. Small acts of kindness do count for a lot.

Aurora Jean "Ellen" Perez

On the 3rd day of Act of Kindness: Making someone SMILE :)

Au Ellen Perez My daughter Angela Perez texted me and asked me to buy her bouquet of white or red rose but not pink. No questions asked got her request! It's Valentine's Day! she brought it with her going to school. hug me, thank me with a BIG, BIG SMILE on her face!

Aurora Jean Perez
Au Ellen Perez

Marion

My goodness. I share a birthday with Ellen and I never even get a phone call from Ellen. Wow this couple is so lucky. She's been through so much and they deserve it. Thank-you Ellen for being you. An Aquarian...Love You Ellen. Marion Sandhoff