Kick in the Kindness Challenge: Day 3

It's day 3 of Ellen's Kindness Week challenge! Today, see if you can make someone smile. If you have success, tell Ellen about it on Facebook! Or post below in the comments.

Comments

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older
Lynn Grice

A week is not long enough. We need to keep it going.

Sandra Braenovich

Ellen, I made my daughters day and made her smile. She has been so depressed since her Grandma passed away. I brought her flowers, card and candy just to make her Valentines day and to give her a little of her happiness back. It has been a hard time for us. Happy Valentine's Day to You, Portia, Staff, Family and Friends! We Love you all!

Shirley Porter

Ellen what a great week this is! enjoying the show so much. Thanks for bringing so much love and happiness to all.Happy Valentines Day all day long sweetie!

Roy Naim

This is my favorite thing in the world...to use humor to make someone else feel good.

And humor is kinda easy. I mean, I am no comedian at all - trust me on that but if you look at the everyday thing in the world, like Ellen, you can find humor in all.

For example, I have a friend in the hospital and I called him one morning and started off with the most random conversation. He cracked up. I then went on explaining to him the headaches I went through to buy a juicer machine for the house and how complicated it is to find one as oppose to a blender. He was cracking away.

Then I told him about bananas. Do you believe those things? Get them upset and they turn brown. Hot or cold - brown. Hold them wrong, they go mush.

So much responsibility for such a fruit. I think a baby is easier.

At the end of the hour call he was so happy and that is what it is all about.

-Roy

Kelly Vaccaro

My dad is very stressed out at work, so I call him on Mondays, well now Tuesdays and tell him "a classic joke" Makes him laugh everytime!

joe g. holland

THE SWEETEST ACT OF KINDNESS DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A PUBLIC DISPLAY OF GOODNESS BUT CAN ALSO REMAIN AS A SILENT AND PRIVATE MEASURE KNOWN ONLY TO ONE AND GOD.

Erin Parker

Hi, Ellen!

Kindness week is every week for me, and I have been trying to instill the love for giving to my high school students. They have created the Kindness Campaign this year, where they do things for people or groups each week. The kids have become a family and are much happier because of it. We made a video to challenge schools across America to join in and spread some joy!

Please watch. You make a cameo appearance!

La Porte High School loves you!

Rose Mullen

Hi Ellen
well day three is a natural thing for me to do on a daily basis..To make someone smile each and everyday is a goal for me always....:) I love to make people smile as it makes me feel good to see them smile as well it makes me feel good to know that possibly in some way I have lightened their load if only for a moment.
I work dealing directly with people and my wonderful customer service is the norm....I look to make each and every customer smile even if I have their attention is limited
I did this today on several occasions and several people truly loved my efforts. In fact one couple told me I was 'wonderful' another said that I was 'good' as in my efforts to know what info was required and to be friendly and help make their time efficiently used. They leave me with a smile and I am happy to have been of service. It feels so warm deep inside me to do this and a natural smile comes to my face as they walk away laughing or with a lighter heart. To make someone smile is such a natural high for me...so rewarding....:))))))))) This is my day 3 efforts.....can the next day be a little more of a challenge.....lol:)thanks

Shelly

Over the past couple weeks I had been a little upset that I didn't have a valentine, as I work retail and it is has been plastered in front of my face since Jan. 2. Today, I came home to a cookie cake with the words "Be My Valentine" on it, as well as a large back of M&M's, from my brother!! True love and kindness!

Fue

My granddaughter feels really bad if she does not help any of her classmates who are sad or not feeling well, so she makes it her duty everyday to make sure all her classmates are happy by greeting everyone of them with a hug in the morning, and she's only in pre-school, I love her very dearly.

Alicia Dalbec

Hey Ellen!!
I'm not one for going along with a tradition. So since Valentine's Day is tomorrow I got my mom & grandma some chocolate's, teddy bear, and some flowers & gave it to them today! I was taught to show my appreciation & love for another every day of my life. And I just love giving to people to see the joy on their face and the smile I know I brought to their face! My heart flutters whenever I know I'm the reason someone else is experiencing joy because of some random act of kindness I did! Sometime's showing your Valetine your love for them on another day other than what Hallmark says means more than going with a tradition! Laugh. Dance. Fist-pump. I adore you Ellen! Please make Kindness week an annual tradition! Loving it so far (:
Sincerelly,
Alicia Dalbec

April

Hi! Here is a link to our blog where we are sharing our activities for Kindness Week. Thanks for the inspiration!

shailey pinson

Hey Ellen this past christmas my cousin was in the hospital. She is 12 and has down syndrome, she LOVES justin bieber. She said i just need to see my boyfriend. So we went to the store and bought her the justin bieber dvd. she started crying saying i love him. we felt so good inside for making her happy. she told us the other day all she wants in life is to see her hubby justin bieber in person. If I had the money to take her to the concert or meet and greet I would. She deserves it with everything this little girl has been through with 15 different opperations. I did get her a huge poster of justin bieber and a doll. She thinks she is in heaven, she says i need my boyfriend to go to sleep. yes she sleeps with him lol. This made our day when we see that he makes her so happy.

Anne Michels

Ellen, one thing about me is I always smile at people and its not a hard thing to do. What I can't understand is why some people find it hard to smile, I Think its a lot easier than having a puss on, don't you ? Keep Smiling !!

Joan Stone

Kindness is Ellen DeGeneres..she makes it so simple and so many of us make it so hard..said it before, but the Ellen Show is the highlight of my day..even on my worst day..right now the audience is cracking me up with their singing..hilarious..
Thank you for making my day always happy and millions of others every day..plain and simple.."be kind to one another"..

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older