Kick in the Kindness Challenge: Day 2
It's day 2 of Ellen's Kindness Week challenge! Today, post something on Facebook about someone who inspires you. Let us know how it went!

Comments

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older
Glory Rosa

My name is Glory and my son Saul has a brain injury and was diagnosed with autism. There are four other women in my child's therapy that inspire me. They have been great support for me figuring out whats the next step for my child. These women go out of their way to help me in this process. There was one day we all just sat together telling our story, I remember Annie saying she cries her self to sleep every night wondering what will become of you severely autistic child. Then there's Claugy, she is always so positive and helpful with everyone she meets. Her child Tashal has CP. Milena ha twins with autism and again even if she is fully overwhelmed she find time to comfort us. Lastly Iris severely handicap daughter finds time to cook for others in need. The main theme in all of us is that we are tiered. Any chance to give them a full spa day. THey so deserve it! Its not easy to deal with all that in tails in having a child with special needs. These women are my heroes!

Venus

Hi Ms. Ellen my name is Ayanna Daniels and I'm 13 years old and I would like to tell you about my mom. She is the best she is always taking people to the store or to a church to get food and if she don't have enough gas she still takes them and she never ask for gas money. My great grand mother lives with us and she never has time to do anything because she has to take her grandmother me and my little brother great grand mother to so many different doctors. My great grand mother had heart surgery so my mom has to make sure she taking care our van is starting to break down but my mom does not turn anyone away if they need a ride or if they need food or just someone to talk to. My mom puts other people first before herself please please pick my mom for the Ellen's kick in the kindness contest it will be a dream come true we love you Ms. Ellen :)

E poll

If Brittany and Santana reach 50%, videos from old Ellen seasons will be posted !! Vote http://uk.eonline.com/news/387245/tv-s-top-couples-vote-i...

Racquel Ford

Hi, I would like to say thank you to my mother Lorna James for all her kindness. Although I haven't seen her in twelve years she is always there for me. Last year I became pregnant I called to tell her the news I ended up telling her I wasn't sure what to do because I can't afford to take care of a child the first thing she said was for me to send the baby to her, this took me by surprise because I know for a fact that she herself is struggling all by herself to provide for my brothers and sister. She is always there for me in a lot of way and she also gives great advice. She is an amazing strong woman and even though she is not going to be able to read this because she is in a different country (Jamaica) I just want to big her up for all her love and kindness. I love her to pieces and just wish I could provide for her.

Jeff

Hi my mom dont have a lot of money to keep up with her bills she works 5days week she looking for Saturday job to help with her bills she such a caring women she gets no help she do it all on her own please hlep my mom

Elisa Lowe

I would like to nominate my mother, Carole Clements for your kick in kindness. She is 66 years old and is always displaying acts of kindness without any acknowledgements. This past week she has taken charge of 15 year old teenage girl who had become homeless. She also has unofficially adopted her deceased sister's grandchildren by providing groceries and basic living supplies to them in another household. She does all of this off her limited fixed income. She has health problems of her own and since 2008 she has been my main cheerleader in my rehabilitation since being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Even if you, could see fit just for my mother to receive her true acknowledgement for her acts of kindness, it would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you once again for displaying these acts of kindness and continue doing good works such as these.

Sincerely,
Elisa Lowe
Forsyth, GA

Roy Naim

This is easy.

Once a week I reach out to someone who inspires me by email or a call and I tell them.

Often I may highlight them.

No matter where we in life, no matter our struggles, there is always someone who lights the way and is a ray of hope.

One such person, that comes to mind now, is Jose Antonio Vargas. This man was able to bring me hope when I was lost. To shine light when it felt dark.

I express by gratitude to him often and I wish I can do something back in return, for example, getting him to meet Beyonce one on one. Yes, he is a HUGE fan.

Just saying, Ellen. :)

Rhonda Taylor

Please help my nephew Travis Taylor. There is so much to his story. I can't believe if Ellen only heard some of it she would want to help himI have wrote and sent story to ya'all before. I just know she will help once she knows the whole story. Ellen I love you, you gave me the courage I needed to be who I am. So you habe already helped me, please help my nephew and his family

Micaela Hargrave

Ellen your a true inspiration i love watching your show i do just about every day after school i love seeing you be a helper to those in need . We need more people that are in the spotlight like you. My mom is a huge fan ! And i gotta agree with her! Your heart warming charming, and flat out histarical. I know you've heard that before plenty of times but i mean it, truly do. This week your asking me and all of your viewers who inspires you? To be honest my parents, just like most people we're struggling but they always help me not to worry. I was born and raised on a farm in northern new york, it's been great at times but not so great some times. I wouldn't change my childhood for the world. My dad is hardworking, humble , all-american man . I couldn't ask for a better father, he's been such an inspiration to me in my life. He's taught me no matter where you are in life with hard work you can go any where you want. My mom is also a strong inspiration to me to she is a breast and kidney cancer survivor. She always makes me laugh so does my dad, there great people. But my mom is my best friend and she was there every time i struggled with my depression and anxiety she was there through the whole process of me hosting a breast cancer fundraiser for my birthday party. My mom was one of the many people that inspired me to host it. She was also the main people that helped me through it and get everything together for the big event. They ispire me so much we have so little but they give us so much, at the time they're putting my two older sisters through nursing school and this summer my oldest sister Alexis is getting married . Honestly, they're doing everything for her for her perfect day. I admire that so much.
Just wanted to tell you about the most inpiring people in my life!
Thank you ellen for you and all you do!
Micaela

Irene geronimo

First of all,I wanted to say I'm your biggest fan.Ellen,every time I watch your show it really makes my day complete; just like when I have my 3 little kids around me.I love them to death,they are my pride and inspiration.They're the reason why I'm still alive and breath each day of my life.I could never imagine living without them.me and my husband had to wait for 8 years before God gave us blessing,with 3 lovely and adorable little ones.my eldest is Jared who's is 6, my middle one is Justin who is 5 and smart,funny and adorable one Jayden who is 2.it's a handful to take care of 3 little ones and tell you honestly,I am drained and exhausted.my middle one is a special one,he has autism and that takes a lot of attention from both me and my husband.My husband who took the graveyard shift because I used to work a day shift so we can have someone in the house every time,because we cannot afford to have a babysitter.We had a good life before,but things came crashing down.My husband lost his job for two months,and now I'm the one that lost my job.we cannot afford to pay our mortgage anymore because only one of us is working.our expenses are based with two jobs,now we barely meet our ends meet..we are behind with all of our bills and the big threat to us is we are facing foreclosure..my eldest one Jared is kind of depressed when we mentioned to him that were gonna lose our house.his always crying and doesnt want to lose our house but what else can we do.We were turned down by our mortgage company for a loan modification or forbearance or any help that we seek from them.it's either we have to pay our late payments or theyre gonna foreclose our house.We never imagine that were gonna lose our house when we had a job,but in this tough economy it's hard to find a job.My greatest inspiration is my husband.He keeps telling me that God gave us these trials because He knows we can survive .God is great but until how long we have to hold on.Were not giving up but it's not forever..were only human.there is an end...if we could only get help ...

Irene geronimo

Irene geronimo

Rick

Hi Ellen, I was watching your show and I saw your kick in kindness segment. I want to tell you about my inspiration, my mother Betty J. Richardson. My Father died back it 1999 of a heart attack and my mother has been on her own since. She raised me and my four sisters (three of which were my Dad's kids) and my brother who is suffering from Autism. Before she met my Dad she was a single mom raising my sister Michelle and my brother Litel without any help from their father. She worked two jobs while keeping the house clean and taking care of my Grandmother as well. Now she's 67 turning 68 in April, and I want to show her how much she means to me. We might not have always gotten along due to the fact that of my father dying but she has always been there for me no matter what. I can't do to much for her, because I'm on disability from my time in the Army and she's getting to retire this year from teaching kids how to read in South Carolina. But me writing this maybe a good thing because at least it shows how much I love and care for her. And I want the whole world to know the kind of Mama I have.

Thanks,
Ricardo G. Roberts

gail moore

Ellen,

Love so much how you challenge me daily when I watch your show to be kind to those around me. I have a friend who does that daily for me. Her name is Sandy. We met 10 years ago when our sons played baseball together. She is a beautiful person inside and out. She challenges me daily to be a better person, keeps me accountable, and loves me unconditionally. Sandy has been married for 25 years and has raised 5 children (one who died in a car accident about 8 years ago) She is a farmer's wife and an incredible woman. Recently, she's been battling RA and has sought out both traditional and holistic medical treatments, even stem-cell. Through all of the pain she's endured in recent months, she NEVER lets that keep her from showing kindness. Thank you for letting me share a bit about this incredible friend.

Blessings to you,

Gail Moore

Erica Ramos

Hi Ellen!!!!!! I watch your show everyday and today I let my kids have a "snow day" so we just watched your show together! Any how my inspiration everyday are my three chidren! Aviree, Avelynn and Cade (caterbug). My girls lost there dad 4 years ago in a horrific car accident. My oldest was 4 and baby girl was 6 months. My daughter aviree who is now 9 has been a MAJOR inspiration in my life. She has had to endure things as a child that I don't know I could handle as an adult. I am constanly getting compliments on her. "she is such a sweet sweet girl." "Aviree has such a big heart." "everytime I see her she has a huge smile." And I am proud to say these are all very true! Avelynn who is 5 is also following in Avirees footsteps! I am a single mother of three and go to school full time. I am studying psychology. I want to be able to help others cope with traumatic incidents in their life! I want to be an inspiration to others as my kids are to me!!! It definitely gets tough, I am currently without a vehicle and my mom has been helping me out tremendously with my classes, daycare for my son and school for my girls! my girls also play basketball. I coach my youngest daughters team and it certainly is hard to be back and forth and impossible to be 2 places at once when it comes to games and practices! I don't know what I would do without my amazing mom! My girls are HUGE fans of one direction! I find my self a little bothered when I see aviree get excited over boys! lol but its definitely cute(to a certain extent)!!! Anyway I dont gave a Facebook so this is the way I figured I could get you to read about my lovely, adorable, wonderful 3 inspirations! **AVIREE** **AVELYNN** **CADE**

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older