Kristen gave Ellen the details on her pregnancy. Watch their hilarious chat right here.

Kristen Bell's Sloth Meltdown (January 2012)

Comments

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older
Seraphina McIntosh

Ok people calm down. I had 2 kids, the first one, i tried natural. It was not pleasant at all. I was in labor for almost 18 hours. My second one, I had an epideral and it was heaven.

Tabatha

I absolutely love this video! I'm with her I will cry when my emotions are high it doesn't matter why. When I'm happy, sad, angry, excited, scared, you name it I have cried for it. Thank God ther eis someone else that's just like me! I'm not such a freak after all!

Beth Callas

She is just absolutely adorable!!! I love her "reverse body dysmorphia!" Hysterical. Love you, too, Miss Ellen!!

Lilian caridad reyes shimizu

Hi,iam doctor gynecologist from cuba,that live in iran.i love your programs so much and how u make happy others,really u arespecial,i like every things that u wear,and i hope to see your programs for long time .

Laurie Bell

Aw! I wish she wasn't afraid! I've had four. My third was my best pregnancy and birth ever. So much so, three days later I said, "I could totally do this again!" You have to be totally knowledgeable about what your capable of and what your rights are as a mother giving birth. I had a doula and made out a birth plan so I think having more control gave me the best outcome. I was laughing and crying when my baby came. The crying was just a hormonal thing and not from pain at all. So happy for her.

Tabatha

Verdigo its not Kristen that makes women afraid of child birth is the movies that they make you watch that make you afraid. Its the fear of the unknown that makes you afraid. Its your friends traumatizing stories that make you afraid. Kristen does not make me afraid as a matter a fact when she mentioned that she feels the sexiest I was like, "sign me up for 2 babies, I need some sexiness"! She's funny and people have different thresholds of pain if you know you are a whimp then get the epi cause if you don't push through that pain you are basically sufficating your child,and then they have to go through drastic measures to get the baby out cause the mother won't push, so do what you have to do to get the child out safely.

Tabatha

I think it is so funny that she said that she had nothing to prove. That poor dog had this look of regret on its face. My friend felt so sex pregnant too. I hope I get that hormone when I have a child. Cause I'm already short with dry frizzyhair, I'm ready for some glam!

Misty

Having an epidural does not do anything to your mind. You aren't drugged out of your head and your baby isn't drugged up when it's born. To those who made those statments, apparently you haven't done your homework! Childbirth is VERY painful. The person who said, "it's not that bad" is clearly on drugs! During what is the most painful portion of my delivery, I was able to to talk to my younger daughter about the new baby, play games with her and hang out with my family. 2 hours after I gave birth, I was up and organizing the things in my room. I wasn't exhausted and I got to enjoy my baby and my visiting family.

1 Reply
Rebekah

I ended up with two c-sections, but with my first, I did go through the entire labor process. When the contractions got pretty intense, I began holding my breath. My whole life that was how I dealt with pain. I was basically forced to have an epi, as I needed to breath through the contractions and I wasn't able to do it. After having an epi, I pushed for HOURS before my doctor told me my 10 lb. son was stuck in the birth canal and that I needed to have a c-section. Long story short...having a c-section is FAR more dangerous than a flipping epidural any day of the week! Talk about a longer recovery time...yes, that would be having a c-section. OH! To top it off, I only had Tylenol after my c-sections because I wanted to nurse and didn't want to be all doped out of my gourd and drug my baby.

ericka

All these natural birth people are crazy. I had epidurals with both of my kids and had no complications with either. If the technology is available, why not use it? And contrary to what DG said, an epidural can sometimes speed the birth process along. If you are in so much pain your body can't relax to move things along, it will take longer. An epidural will relax the body so the birthing process can continue. It's in What to Expect...look it up. I even know some women who were given narcotics in an IV during childbirth. I didn't need that, but I don't judge them for having done it. Just BEING pregnant is a risk for ANY woman, and ANY childbirth can result in death. If you feel the need to go natural go for it. I say, you don't have to put yourself through the pain, so why do it? I'm with Kristen, I've got nothing to prove. Some people have to get sedated just for routine teeth cleaning, are all the natural birthers gonna jump on them too? As women we should be supporting each other in motherhood, not bashing choices others make about their own bodies and lives.

chicago1

I work in a hospital and approx. 85 percent of women who give birth get epidurals
and Hank who said he would beat her with a baseball bat
give me your address so I can send the police I am sure they wouold like to talk to someone who beats women.

Deb

People can be so judging, esp. women regarding other women. I had two children with an epi, it was my choice and only my choice. What happened to having your own opinion in this country?? She could change her mind, but so what if she doesn't, it is her body and her child, so HER DECISION. FYI--my children came out fully alert, healthy as could be and were very happy children.

JANICE

How is thins an unusual birth plan? Millions of women get epidurals every year! Why are people up in arms over someone else's plan? It's not yours so get over it! Just because you think you are better than everyone else and can do it without the epidural doesn't give you the right to tell someone else they are stupid for not. I hope she formula feeds too! (GASP)

Barbara Belyeu-Allen

She is a precious young woman, Bless her heart!

Tammy

Now people there's no reason to be rude. First of all Kristen definitely has a playful side of her and she was just having fun. If she wants an epideral, that choice is hers. I had three out of the four of my children naturally, but the first one I was terrified and chose the epi. Don't be so hard and crass. She may just decide to do it naturally by the end and if she does, kudos, if not...she's the mommy...that's why! LOL. Have a good day all.

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older