Are You Ellen's Biggest Fan in Australia?

Calling all of Ellen's Australian fans! Ellen is looking for her ultimate Australian viewer before she takes off on her big trip Down Under! If you love all things Ellen, and think you're her biggest fan, prove it! Tell us about yourself and why you deserve the title of #1 Australian Fan, right here.

Comments

(Page 2 of 6) Newer123456Older
Samantha Hickey

Hi Ellen,
I am by far the Biggest Fan of yours, I've been filling out comps to win a trip to USA so I could come to your show so imagine my excitement when I hear your coming Down Under to Oz.. Ok so I've racked my brains to figure out how to show you I'm your biggest fan, couple of ideas to run past you; I don't look anything like you but you can do a makeover on me to make me look like you (or vice versa ha ha) cut my hair, dye it, whatever you want.. Second idea; I have a major fear of birds, my mama whom I love very much decided when I was 4 to take me to the UK and take me to Trafalgar Square , now your thinking "Sam, whats wrong with your mum taking you overseas & on an outing" as you probably know (or Tony would) Trafalgar Square has lots & lots & lots of pigeons, mum gave me a handful of bird seed & put me in the middle of the pigeons, I was covered in them omg, so now I have this fear of birds, getting to the point of what a massive fan I am of yours, I am willing to be put in a cage full of birds with feed if I can be at your show in Australia. See what a fan I am! Please Ellen I've got 3 kids & money's tight & as much as I want to pay all the money in the world to come to your show I can't

Christian

G'day Ellen,
I'm currently on a tour around Nsw with a cardboard cutout of you that was given to me by Swisse at the Sydney opera house. I'm getting pictures with your fans who like me didn't get a chance to meet you, I'm having a great time on my journey sharing stories with other fans of what we love about you and your show. We all open our arms and welcome you into our living rooms daily to laugh,cry and share stories. Your an inspiration to many and touch people's lives in ways I'm sure you'll never know about, I know for me like a lot others life hasn't been easy, when I was 13 my dad tragically died, my mum was left with 4children 1 who is disabled. The days were long, dark and sometimes to hard to bare...but then came Ellen, we would sit down and watch your show and for an hour each day, we would smile, laugh and cry and take us to a happy place. The inspirational messages you send to us viewers changes us, it gives us hope. I know for me that without the support of my mum, my family and daily dose of Ellen I would not be where I am today. I can never thankyou for what you've done for my family and my life but I can offer for you to pop around my house for a BBQ whilst your in Sydney, as a token of my appreciation for brightening my world and installing in me that anything is possible, just never give up. I've set up a Facebook page it's link is just below :)

Megan Browning

I would also like to nominate Blake Henderson to be considered. A very brave, positive young man for whom your shows held special meaning during his recovery from radiation treatment a couple of years ago. What Blake went through at only 17 is enough to make even older, more mature people bitter & resentful & wallow in self pity but not Blake. He was fortunate & has decided to 'pay it forward', partaking in volunteering for different organisations for the past couple of years. I believe watching your daily shows during his ongoing treatment helped both Blake & his mother to stay positive, upbeat & optimistic & feel they would be very deserving of a visit to your set - would mean so much to them both.

1 Reply
Michelle H

Oh my! My friends have come on and told you about my son Blake. He is a great young man. Full of a zest for life that only increased after the cancer cells went away on it's own just before his treatment with radiotherapy started. The laughter we had while watching your show really helped him. It was the first thing we watched together on his first day home from hospital. Every day we watched it and he would then have an afternoon rest. The boost it would give him to meet you would be the best thing ever. Thank you for reading about my son.

Bren FM

Have you heard of Blake Henderson? He had a brain bleed in 2010 and a growth at the base of his brain... at 17. And what helped to keep him going throughout his treatments was watching your daily show with his mother. She would so love to see him meet you; she knows how happy you made him. And it would make Blake's wish come true to meet you.... his hero.

Melissa K

Hi Ellen,
Have you heard about Blake and his mum Michelle? This is a part of what i have ...
'After he come home from his bleed on his brain and he knew he had cancer and would be having radiotherapy we sat down and watched her show together. He would laugh and make comments and somehow started saying " things will be ok mum, don't worry. Our daily routine for quite a few weeks was to watch Ellen together and he would laugh and watch her dance and just enjoy himself, it was like all else was forgotten. Even now when the show comes on and we are together he says "remember watching Ellen after the hospital mum" ...part of his Aspergers Kicking in I think. Anyway, he knows she is coming to Aus, there are no tickets to be had. He mightn't be her biggest fan but that show sure meant a lot to him and me at a very rough time in our lives.
D.O.B 10th June 1992. He was 17 when it happened 25th January 2010 and had his first operation that night into the morning and his first words were Happy Australia Day.'
It would be so great if Blake could meet you in person and he and his mum could thank you for the daily laughs which kept this young man and his mother fighting to beat such a horrible thing such as cancer. You bring joy to so many lives as seen by the replies here,and also the emails which have been sent to you. Please consider Blake in 'Are you Ellen's Biggest Fan'.

1 Reply
Amanda Mentiplay

I am a fan of the Ellen Show, but regardless of how big a fan I am, I don't want to win a trip to the show. I would much rather see a young called Blake Henderson get to meet Ellen. Blake was just 17 years old when he was diagnosed with a bleed on the brain and inoperable brain cancer on Australia Day in 2010. Blake still has a tumour on his brain stem and has a constant threat of bleeds re-occurring. When he was at his worst with his medical condition, he spent many hours watching Ellen with him mum, Michelle. Despite having these serious medical issues, Blake is living a full life, volunteering for two different national soccer league teams, and has done considerable other volunteering over the years, both before and after his diagnosis. If Blake were my son, I would be so proud of how he is living his life to the utmost. I can't think of anyone more deserving of winning this than Blake Henderson and his mum Michelle.

Kate

Ellen? You're coming here!? I tried so hard last year to come your way... but it didn't go according to plan. Now, you are coming to Melbourne,mit is all okay! Hey, maybe you can help me, I kind of want a dance routine to do with a blind cane. You see, I am hearing impaired, all good, and going blind. I really should be using a cane but... long story,,, if you have a moment it is all here.

Me a fan? I would record your show and watch in middle of the night when I breast feed my babies. Yes. I'm a fan. You bring a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. And you're kind of funny.

Nadia Gonzalez

Hello Ellen,

My name is Nadia, I am 16 and live in Adelaide, South Australia. I am your biggest fan in Australia! Each day I go to school and I just can't wait to come home and watch your show. The segments you do and games you play are hilarious as is your humour, the interviews you do are great and it really is an hour of fun.

Because of the time difference between Australia and America your show is broadcasted here a day late and often times when its been advertised as being a great show it is hard to make it through to the next day. I often find myself spending hours on youtube and your website watching episodes that were just so good that they had to be watched again (most episodes that is).

I was in L.A a little over a year ago and did a tour around the Warner Bros. lot and just wished that you would come and hijack our tour bus like i'd seen you had done before. That didn't happen but I was excited to pass your studio and get a picture of what I was led to believe as being your car.

Ellen I think your are an amazing and caring person. It is so touching to see you help out families in need, more people need to be like you.

I wish you a great time in the land down under and hope you will come again and include a visit to Adelaide next time. Have fun mate!! :D xox

from Nadia

p.s Just a few things to let you know so you fit right in when you get here. Aussies love backyard cricket, beers, barbeque's and the beach. Also we pronoucne Melbourne as Mel-ben. And our plural for you is 'youse' not 'y'all.'

Sharon Johnston

Hi Ellen

I'm actually not your biggest fan (sorry) but my sister, Karen IS! Kaz is accident prone, funny, clutzy in a stoopidly funny way and she dances waaaaay too funky for a dysfunctional Indian gay chick who looks like she's had a hip replacement operation that wasn't QUITE successful. Rather than begging for tickets to your show in Melbourne (which, you know, I wouldn't say NO to because that would be rude and impolite - what should I wear?), I WOULD LOVE for you to prank a visit on her at her gorgeously decorated and pristine home and stay for a traditional gay Indian BBQ. Ok, there's technically no such thing but we can start one yeah?

Karen is slightly OCD (it's never been diganosed but we've Googled it and that's okay to do, yes?) and she has this 'thing' about her bed being wrinkle free. It would be funny, funny, funny for her to walk in from work and find you lying on it because I KNOW she would be torn between meeting YOU and wanting to tear shreds off you for wrinkling her rather Vogue-ish bedroom.

Come on!! You know you want to try some TV-friendly Aussie fun and Kaz is your girl!! Well....I'm your girl and Kaz is our mutual victim but that's just playing with semantics.

I have a plethora of ideas that are funny and she is worth meeting, Ellen. She's the only pathology nurse I know that passes out taking people's blood. Her antics are somewhere between Keystone Kops and Jerry Lewis and this isn't a performance, it's HER!

When she came out to my family, my Dad said (insert Indian accent here), "You know....I KNEW it. She always had big feet as a baby"....?!?!?!?!

Come and meet my sister and let her leave her mark on you (not physically because that would be more than you bargained for. I'm not asking for matching tattoes or anything although the gesture from you would be kinda nice, on the proviso she said "No" which I couldn't rightfully guarantee).

We've never been in jail (a day stay that doesn't involve an overnight stay doesn't count, I'm told) so we're safe to meet.

We don't want anything from you but to share some time and FUN!!! She has a big black Harley and she could take you around Melbourne Bayside a la Billy Connolly style (minus the Scottish accent and beard because, of course, she will shave for your visit).

She's in a very long-term and loving relationship with my sister-in-law, Tania so she's not looking for a relationship or another mother for her dog, also called Harley (she lacks creativity sometimes but then my mother has two kids who she named Sharon and Karen and we lived on Darren Road (ALL TRUE) what can you expect, really?)

Anyway, if you're keen to chuck a steak on the barbie and crack a tinnie with us, gizz a call (or email me) and Bob's your uncle (that's if the gender reassignment was indeed a success. Otherwise Bob is still your Aunty Ethel)

Lots of Love
Sharon Johnston

Bronwen Barratt

I am a single Mother of three beautiful children, Izaac my eldest son is 22 years old, Tom my middle son is 20 years old , my youngest is my daughter Della who is 17 years old, and all three of my children are my rock, my heart and my soul. I love my children more than my life itself. Ellen has been my light through so many very, very dark, dark day's. Ellen has the gift to bring a smile and more importantly laughter to millions of people across the world. But in my lonely lounge or in my bed if I am to sick to get out of it, in suburban Adelaide curled up with my two cats she gives me more than that. Its were I can sit for 1 precious hour every day and the fears and the traumas in my mind, my body and my soul take a back seat on the Bus. And I get the gift of watching this Beautiful, Funny, Talented with an Extrordinary Gift, Selfless woman whome I have the privilege of watching from my lounge praying that one day I would be in America and I would be able to be in Ellen Show Audience just to see her. But this was my Bucket List that will sadly now never to be filled! I am 44 years old, I have Huntingtons Disease, with my two older Sisters have as well and I have lost my Mother to and three of my Aunties to this cruel Disease. I have Complex Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, my children's Father gave me Post Traumatic Stress after a 20 year Relationship with him, then having had far to many Traumas that one life time should bear gave me the Complex Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. And finally after many, many I a a Recovering Alcoholic. So what Ellen has done for me I cannot put into words but my children get a lot better, happier Mother when the walk through door at the end of there day, because there Mother gets one hour of precious time daily were she can put her tears and her traumas on the back seat of the Bus to dull them down at least if it just for a while. So for me to be in Audiaunce at the Sydney Opera House of The Ellen Show would be something so very, very special. Moments that are so rare in my life, for me to take in as well the precious memory's of my children into my very last stages of my Disease when I have nothing left functioning in in my Body but I still have thoughts and memories left! And its people like Ellen her show that have pure Compassion for all walks in life. And make me see that even if mine has been brutal and cruel there are always people a lot worse off than me! And if I had not lived the life I did that would not of made me the Woman I am today. And my children she is petty special, so I am slowly learning one day at a time that I am worthy of good things and that I am Ok as I am!! With Love Bronwen

Monika Duitsman

woo
Dear Ellen I hope you have a great Happy birthday love you a lot your friend monika keep up the good work

Karen Reichelt

Hi Ellen,

I am your biggest Aussie fan, you absolutely make my day, I adore your sense of humour, you continually make me laugh. I look forward to midday every Monday to Friday, I’m devastated when the cricket is on instead of your show, how dare they!!!

I would dearly love to come to your show with my mum and sisters. My eldest sister ‘Marlene’ was adopted out at birth, and we have only found out/met her about approx. 15 months ago. My mum (single at the time, in a small country town and from a strict Catholic Family) fell pregnant at 20 years of age, and was shipped off to Melbourne (city) Victoria to a Single Mothers Refuge, to wait out her pregnancy, while her friends had been told that she had gone to Melbourne for her Nursing Studies.

My Mum had 3 visits from her family during the 6 months. When Mum delivered ‘Marlene’ she wasn’t allowed to hold her, and only given a quick glimpse. (This was so cruel – it explains now why Mum loves being around little children and babies – she is the best Nanna) Mum was then taken back to her small country town, and having the baby was NEVER discussed EVER AGAIN. My Mum married 2 years later, and she kept this secret to herself (only her parents,brother and sister and their partners knew) for 41 years, until the day ‘Marlene’ tracked Mum down and made contact. It was such an emotional time, it made sense why Mum had been such a nervous person. Our Dad was so supportive. My Mum has really come to life, it is beautiful.

‘Marlene’ asked many questions and mentioned that she was soon going into hospital to have a stint put in her brain, she had a brain aneurism, and the current stint had collapsed. This was devastating for us, Mums mother had died at 62 of a brain aneurism. It was hereditary, and ‘Marlene’ was only just finding this out.

Mum had finally been reunited with her daughter, but was in fear of what may happen with the aneurism. Marlene’s surgery was scheduled and unfortunately the first attempt was unsuccessful, the aneurism was in further than had been anticipated, surgery had to be held off, and reassessed by the specialists. This took several months, all the time Marlene was suffering horrendous headaches, with no relief. Finally surgery was rescheduled in the later part of 2012, this went well and Marlene came out almost headache free. Her medication had been cut down to blood thinning tablets.

Then in October/November 2012(I think) late at night, Marlene was suffering with another horrendous headache, thankfully Marlene had the sense to call the ambulance ‘000’, she then collapsed. The Ambo’s had to break in, Marlene was then raced off to intensive care to be put into an induced coma for 3 to 4 weeks, her blood had thinned too much and her aneurism was bleeding, this also was in too deep and couldn’t be operated on, meaning she had to try and heal herself, and the coma was the best option. It was touch and go for the first couple of days. It was a very worrying time.

My Mum and Dad, drove 5 hours to Melbourne, stayed at one of my brothers and would go to the hospital to sit with Marlene, day in day out. This was only the 2nd time Mum had got to be with Marlene, since the first contact, unfortunately it wasn’t under the best cir***stances. But Mum treasured every minute she got to spend with her, also getting the opportunity to meet Marlene’s sons and her adopted Dad and sister and families.

Marlene had several weeks of rehab, as she had also suffered a stroke. Amazingly, she has fully recovered. She has been given the all clear to return to work at the beginning of March. Marlene has been a little down in the dumps since getting out of hospital, having to have her head shaved at the front for surgery (having long blonde hair, being clippered in part) and also having to make some lifestyle changes. Her licence being taken off her for several months, which now limits the amount of times she can go visit her boys. She has some wonderful friends that help look after her. Jude and Janet to name a couple.

I think your show would be just the ticket to spark her spirits up. I know for sure, it would certainly be an amazing experience to be out with Mum and all her girls.
Lorraine (Mum) Marlene, Leanne (Marlene’s adopted sister), Karen (Me), Janet and Susan

Thankyou for coming to Australia and giving us this amazing opportunity Ellen xx

carmen cassar

hi ellen my name is carmen and i am from melbourne victoria. i am a housewife married for 28 years this april 13th. i would love to have tickets to your show when you come to australia. i am always running around doing everything for everyone and that includes making time to watch your show everyday. your show is so exciting to watch and cannot wait to see what is on next, dancing is great! my sister in law antionette lives in sydney and we dont see eachother much but loves your show. i would love to surprise her with a ticket to your show. please give us tickets to your show so we can both have a break and sit and watch your show live. it will be the best day ever. happy birthday for saturday hope you had a wonderful day. from your biggest fan in australia
carmen cassar

Caiden Vales de Menezes

Hi Ellen My Idol,
My name is Caiden and I am 15 years old from Perth, Western Australia. I have been watching your show since it first appeared on Australian screens in 2004. I enjoy watching your show everyday and have never missed an episode. Since I am at school during the day, I make sure that I watch your Encore show which is telecasted everyday on GEM at 5pm. I even schedule viewing your show in my Study Planner. Everyday before I leave for school, I make sure I check the Ellen Show Facebook Page.

I look up to you as my role model. Through your many acts of kindness,you have inspired me to help out in my school,church and local community.

You have a fantastic sense of humour and it really rejuvenates me especially when I am feeling a bit down. I love to use your catchy jokes and phrases to help perk up my family and friends. I make sure I let them know that I've got the inspiration from you,Ellen.

As you are visiting Down Under, I would be happy and feel privileged to be part of your audience.

Meeting you Ellen would be a memorable moment in my life, one that I will cherish forever.

Thank you for all the laughter and joy that you have brought into my life.

From