Quote of the Day: You Are Not a Failure

"You're not a disappointment. You are not a failure… you're a very smart woman. You're a strong woman. And you are going to have an outlet, you're going to have a talk show, and every single day, you're going to be able to explore these subjects with other women that are going through this."

--Ellen to Bethenny Frankel

Comments

(Page 2 of 2) Newer12
Pamela

I have been a Bethany fan from her first days on Housewives. As a mom, I just want to put your head in my lap and let you cry it out, I will probably cry with you. First, let me say that you are NOT a failure. YOU or Jason did not fail, your marriage failed. I believe you both worked hard to work things out but sometimes when the pain and fighting gets that bad, it is sometimes better to end things rather than continue to hurt a person you deep down love, but may not always "like". Marriage can be looked at like a roller coaster. The excitement and anticipation in the beginning is addictive, the slow ride up is enjoyable, but when it starts to go down hill, boy do most people want to stop the ride? We have to figure out a way to appreciate that with every great ride to the top, a rapid thrust to the bottom may be coming. It's the trick to figuring out how we learn to accept and enjoy the entire ride we need to figure out? Give yourself some time, and some credit for all of the fabulous things you HAVE accomplished over these past few years. As women, we are so quick to kick our own ass rather than sit on it and take in the good we are. Hugs available here in Boston any time they are needed.

Meghan

Divorce is so painful and for so many reasons. Although I know now how better off I am to be without my husband, it took a while to get here. The real lose was the idea of a marriage. One that I never really had. I don't know Bethany's realationship with her husband but I wish her the best and hope that horrible pain subsides. That pain can feel worse that a dagger in your heart and you feel some days like you can cry your face off but time does heal. It's said perhaps too often but it's the real truth.

Tricia

Just finished watching the interview with Bethenny and have to say was inspired by her simple tips for 2013...I'm definitely going to put down my device and pick up another one...LOL
On a more serious note, it was great to see her courage to speak about the chaos in her life right now. I believe that if more women talked about their personal issues out loud, that they would find others that have experienced similar problems and be able to find solace.

Vic Tucker

Oh Bethenny, why cant people see how you really are? Poor Jason, not that you need to stay together if unhappy, but I am sooo happy your not my Daughter in Law! His poor parents!!

Tracie

Dear Bethany,

Although my story is different than yours, it has it's parallel's. My common law husband of 23 years passed away on July 15th of Cancer on what was to be our wedding day.Seven weeks later, my other closest person, my Mom, passed away. The parallel between us is the fear of the unknown and the complete vulnerability. As with you, it changes everything in your life. I am faced now with selling my home and moving my daughters somewhere. Unlike you I haven't worked for 18 years and am frightened to pieces by that part of the unknown. Any form of death, whether it be a divorce, a job loss, or an actual death, creates all kinds of what if's and self doubt. Please know that in time, you will begin to heal and as you do, you will grow. Hugs!

Jane Rolfs

I'm so glad I got a chance to watch Ellen today. Bethany (and Ellen's comments) really made my day. I had just met with an attorney this week to start divorce proceedings from my husband of 27 years. I often feel like a failure and that maybe I'm not strong enough to get through this trauma. Ellen and Bethany helped me feel better and like I'm not in this alone.

Teresa

Bethenny Frankel is such a courageous woman to go on television while she is going through such a tough time in her personal life. I just want to hug her and tell her to keep her chin up and remember she is the GREATEST role model for her daughter.

Bertha Roper

Hey, Ellen
I loved the great advice you gave Bethenny because that is so true. When a relationship doesn't work out and you done everything you can to make it work you can't be at fault or feel like a failure. You are unique and understanding person. I love the show. You are very supportive, caring, funny, fun and just simply cool. I am waiting to see the People's Choice Awards tonight and hopeful you will win! Good Luck

Janice

Thank you for telling her that Ellen! Not only did you tell that to Bethenny, but I heard you loud and clear. After 24 years of marriage, I find myself in the same place as Bethenny. I thought it was unreal she would feel that way about herself - and then I realized I said the same things to myself as well. Thank you for telling "us" we were not. You are a kind soul and you are appreciated and make a difference in more lives then I think you can imagine.

(Page 2 of 2) Newer12