Shutterfly Helps a Family in Need

Ellen's friends at Shutterfly came to the rescue of a family who needed their help. Find out all of the amazing ways you can commemorate your photos at Shutterfly.com!

Comments

(Page 7 of 13) Newer45678910Older
Heidi Hanes

First I want to thank you for all you have done for people in the pass. I am writing about my hero - my brother Tom. Tom has had a hard time over the last 5 years. In that time twice he had to get bypass surgery done to his legs due to clots. He has lost part of his feet in both surgeries. Each time he went back to work after only 6 months off. After his last surgery he was just getting his bills paid back when he was laid off permanently. He lives in Western PA and was a coal miner. The same area had about 1000 other coal miners laid off over the pass year so jobs are hard to come by. His unemployment has run out now and he had to go on SS early to have something coming in for the many bills. In addition he watches over my 91 year old mother that lives on the same property. I can't tell you how much it helps me to know that someone is there every day since I am 3 hours away. He makes sure her house is warm and does all he can to keep her and his house going. His truck is wearing out but there is no money to get a new one. If Shutterfly could help pay some of his bills off to take the burden off of him I would be forever gratful. I help as much as I can but just not enough to cover it all. He is a very humble man and would never ask for himself . As I said he is my hero.
Heidi

Courtney Luczak

Dear Ellen,
My name is Courtney. My mother lost her job about 4 or 5 years ago and has been unable to get one since. She has been going back to school to boast up her learning and to try different fields. My grandfather is paying mine and my sister's school and our house. My dad works but the money he gets, buys us food and groceries. I'm only 17 and know this is pretty bad when your own grandfather is paying for your house, school, and probably other things that I don't know about. I'm only reaching out to you because I'm worried that my mom wont get a job soon and we will run out of money. She is getting tired of staying at home so much. I just want her to get a job, and get some money so things can go back to normal and we can do this again, like go on vacation, get food and such things. Thank You Ellen for reading this and thinking about this.
Courtney Luczak

Jillian Hirsch

Hi Ellen! First of all I absolutely have to thank you for the gift of love, laughter, and dance that you fill our home with every afternoon! I'd like to tell you a little about my amazing husband Eric who spends his overnight evenings working at a group home taking care of wonderful, inspiring individuals with developmental disabilities and now for the past year comes home to take care of myself and our one year old Carson with very little to no sleep. He is my SUPERMAN!! Last October 22nd 2012 my husband and I welcomed our first baby a beautiful healthy baby boy Carson into our family. The first 3 weeks home went great and we could not imagine our lives any other way. Then one November morning I woke up with what seemed to be a terrible sinus headache my legs and feet had swollen to 5x's the normal my body was covered in a head to toe rash and after visiting my Doctor found out that my usually low blood pressure had sky rocketed. I was sent home and assured that sometimes after a C-section these kind of things can happen, not to worry, and get plenty of rest. I awoke the next morning at 4am with the baby and told my husband that he needed to take the day off of work that my "sinus headache" would not go away and I needed his help. The next time I would wake up would be 10 days later in the ICU at Mercy Hospital. I was put into a medically induced coma and when I awoke was told that I had suffered from multiple seizures and had a severe stroke (I'm 25) due to a blood clot they had found after several scans in the sinus cavity of my brain known as Deep Venous Thrombosis. I was confused and could not stop crying the next person to talk was my husband who asked "do you know who I am?", I didn't. He pulled up a seat and began to explain to me how we fell in love, how much he loves me, and all about our baby boy. I was confused, scared, and severally upset, How could I forget who my husband was and a baby? I was in the hospital for another 12 days after being moved from the ICU to the stroke floor. My husband Eric was there EVERYDAY with pictures, feeding me, trying to teach me how to walk again. When we finally went home together Eric was my saving grace he made dr. appointments, set up help from our family members for our son Carson, made sure I was getting and taking all of my medications at the right times, and did everything he could to make me fall in love with him all over again. Within the next few weeks after endless doctor visits we found out that the rash covering my body was systemic lupus which internally had caused me to suffer from acquired protein S deficiency which is a rare blood disorder that causes your blood to clot randomly. Eric and I were crushed but he always kept a positive attitude, even when administering two shots a day into my stomach he always found a way to make me smile. Eric took on two full time jobs, his work, and now his family. Recently because of financial issues we have had to move in with my parents, it's very hard on Eric, he gives himself a hard time because he feels like he needs to provide for his family on his own. I just want to thank him for everything he does provide for our family. I would honestly not be alive today without him, he saved my life, saved my soul, and saved our family. He is my best friend, an amazing husband, and a beautiful caring father. I don't remember our first thanksgiving or Christmas with our baby last year and I would love to be able to make this year the very best holiday season ever. I want to be able to give my husband and Carson everything they have ever wanted. I want to be able to celebrate to thank my husband Eric for everything he has done for me. A lot of men would have walked away but he stayed, he loved and for that I want to make his every dream come true!!!! Thank You Ellen for your beautiful gift of laughter and for your consideration!
Jillian Hirsch

Danielle Rickert

Hi Ellen just wanted to start off by saying you are the greatest person alive your kindness has made me cry many of times. People ask you for things all the time and I'm no different I guess this year has been really hard on my family of six my husband tore a muscle in his arm and had surgery in January 2013 in March 2013 I was told I had breast cancer and had to do chemo have surgery and radiation which all went well I'm cancer free as of 4 months money has been so tight and was just told that my husband will have a second surgery to see if they can fix the tear in his arm because it didn't work the first time so this year no Christmas for my family Your show helps me laugh when all I want to do is cry your show saves so many heartaches and just wanted to say THANK YOU AND NEVER STOP MAKING PEOPLE LAUGH

nonna don woods

Dear ellen., I am writing about my son, Kenny woods, he will turn 52 this month and he has just developed rheumatoid arthritis. His hands and feet have been swelling up double and triple in size. He does not have insurancè ..he works for himself. Just gets by...has 5 children one by a first marriage when was 16. She is married and has a child. 3 children work and are in college on deans list. One is 10 years old.

Kenny can do anything or he figures it out. He hurts so bad it just kills me. I have a daughter as well. I have 8 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren that are my life.
I will be 70 on new years eve. And have always helped my family ,I worked 37 years for the state of Missouri, and I still working, taking care of a 96 yr old lady.

Ellen, my son built his home by himself. He cannot make his house payments or buy groceries or pay utilities. His life has changed drastically. I married at 16,had two children by 18 yrs. My husband abused me for many years. He took his life 35 years ago.

I have struggled mentally and physically over the years. Thank you for your consideration
Nonna Don Woods

Natalia

Ellen!!!! Love You soo much and what you do for people. My name is Natalie and I obviously watch your show none stop in the office and on my phone on youtube at home!!! Im your number one Fan and Well you inspire me for the better! All though my situation is gone from bad to worst, I find your show is an inspiration for people like myself to keep it moving! I am a single mother of 3 wonderful Kiddo's one in particular My oldest, Adan we are struggling to find out what is his situation. We are currently trying to get him tested for Spectrum of Autism. I always end up leaving work because of school calls or just situations that need me to go and get him. We ended up having to leave our home because of all the debt. I am 2 payments over due on my car and I owe soo much on my medical bills. I have had to spend money on fixing my car. I always help others when They needed it, but I guess this time Im the one with the need. I try to stay strong each and everyday! And well thank you Ellen for showing the world, you can keep a smile each and everyday, just keep swimming!!

Lenore Sosa

I'm hoping that I am doing this right ...first let me start with you are one awesome lady,I love your show I wish one day to be on your show..I'm writing this to you cause for some reason your seem to make things happen ...I've never asked for anyone's help butI am today I just want my kids to have a wonderful Christmas this year with their father..this might be the last year they spend with him ...it has been sad these last few years I don't think my kids even get excited anymore about holidays as long as they have their dad here long story short its me been years since my kids have had presents under a tree ...this year all I wish for is my husband is able to get a kidney transplant get his health back so he can continue to watch our kids as they continue togrow I hope I'm making a lil bit of sense to you is cause I feel like I'm begging for you to help me out...ok well just a lil bit

Carolyn Indelicato

Dear Ellen,
I know most people ask for someone else but today i'm asking for myself. I am 64 and disabled and i have been watching you for 10 years and you always make me laugh. I see how you help many people and i said maybe if i ask i could be one of the lucky ones. I am a single Mom and raised a wonderful son. We never had much and as long as we had each other that was all that mattered.
Now i am having such a hard time paying my bills and getting my Meds. for the Month. I don't dare tell my son because he has his own problems and Family. Every Christmas i never had money to buy gifts for my grand children so i used my credit cards and i have not been able to pay them off. If i need cloths i use a credit card to make a long story short now with my 814.00 a month from SSD by the time i pay my rent etc. if i'm lucky to have 100.00 for the month and than i have to by my Meds. Waiting to get my check on the 3rd of the month i have 5.00 in the bank.
Hope you can help me i would forever be grateful to you. God Bless you. Thanks
Carolyn Indelicato
cil224@netzero.com

gloria soto

dear ellen my name is gloria i am writting to you i dont usely do this i dont know what to do my family has been threw a rought time now my husband went to jail last year for something i didnt think he would ever do my whole lives has been turn upside down my kids and i are losing every thing lost my car and i am losing our house now wth christmas coming up i dont know how i am going to gets gifts for them money has been so tight some times i feel like a failuary to my kids for what there dad did i know its not my fault for what he did but i feel like that some times thanks for listening to me

Jana Moss

Dear Ellen,

I'm reaching out for help to you only because a desperate time, like now, calls for desperate measures. I'm a working single mother of two kids. I've been through an abusive marriage where I had to leave and start my life over from scratch. I've rebuilt my life emotionally for my 11 year old daughter. I recently had a son who is now ten months, and since him my life has downward spiraled financially. No matter how much I've tried, worked, cried, and prayed I can't get a head let alone any help. It has come down to where if I don't get a financial blessing soon, I will lose everything. I'm struggling emotionally to stay sane, as much as I should be able to relish in the joy of my new son and beautiful/talented daughter I can't because of the hardship we are in. If I recieved your help I will pay off my loans, pay my bills off, and move to Florida as I've been trying to the last 5 years but could never afford it. We live in a middleclass to poor city in ohio and I've tried so hard to provide and get ahead so I can take my children somewhere they have more opportunity to be successful

Lisa

Lisa

Hi Ellen:

My cousin Diane and her husband Anthony had 2 miscarriages at about 22 weeks each pregnancy. Diane finally gave birth to a son Stefano almost 8 years ago. Stefano is a special needs child. He cannot walk or talk. He lives life in a wheelchair, but mostly in bed when he is home. He does attend school (mainly therapy). Stefano is ALWAYS taken care of by either his parents or Grandparents and is never left alone ( not for a second, even throughout the night) because of a seizure condition. Diane lost her brother Dennis at age 6 - He had the same condition as Stefano. Doctors say it is an abnormal gene that runs in the family so far down the gene pool that cannot even locate it. Anthony and Diane give all they have; emotionally and financially, to try and provide Stefano with a normal life. Recently, Stefano has been put on a feeding tube and can only eat/drink thru this tube. You can imagine to financial burden this has taken on the household. As Stefano grows (he is be 8 on 12/01/13), it gets more and more difficult to travel in a car with Stefano to and from school or the many doctors appointments. Stefano HATES the car ride and refuses to sit in a car seat. He shakes and most times ends up seizing. Diane and Anthony could really use a handicapped acessable van for Stefano. If you could make this happen for them it would forever change their lives.....and Stafano's.

Terrilynn Newman

Dear Ellen
My dear friends daughter Rebeccah Cloutier is eight years old and was recently diagnosed with stage four glioblastoma an inoperable tumour on her brain.

The tumour is fairly large and it’s the size of a tangerine and it’s directly in the centre of her brain where they can’t operate.They are hoping to give her chemotherapy and radiation together to shrink it.

Becky as she is known to family and friends is a bright 8 yr old with a heart as big as the world. Please reach out and help this wonderful family in this time of need.

Please visit the facebook page where more information is available.
For more information, visit the event Facebook page atwww.facebook.com/

Thanks

sheila lang

Dear Ellen I know you have a lot of people that ask for your help and I am sure are worse off than my sons but he works so hard every day and never seems to get ahead.
He has 3 children and no heat in his house only kerosene heaters still it gets very cold in his home that some times he stays where it is warm for the kids.He needs a new furnace so bad and can't afford to get a new unit put in.They say it will cost him around 6 to 7,000 dollars and can not get that much together.If you could help him out some would be so kind.Thank you

Chanda Stiwinter

Ellen,
I am writing to you about my mom. She and I live in a broken down trailer. Last week the water heater went out and had to be replaced. Well it took three days to get someone to put it in and when they took the old one out we found out it had been leaking and the floor is rotten. Thats not the only problem with the floors, the other bathroom is leaking and that floor and my bedroom all needs replacing. I am afraid we may have to move out for the winter. My mom is getting really down and I am afraid she is going into depression. She got sick a few years ago and she is now on disability.(which barely gets us through the month) She has taken care of me by herself for almost 18 years and I love her very much. My mom has sacrificed alot for me. She would give up something for herself just so I could have something.
Our car is on its last leg and with winter upon us we are trying to get it running good, but its just that we can't afford to do everything that needs to be done. I do the best I can, but my job is part time at best I get 14 hours a week and go to school. Ellen if you can PLEASE HELP us. We really need it.

Devin

Ellen,
My family is falling apart. Our family has hit rock bottom. I am a college student who doesn't sleep at night because of all the thing I worry about. My sibling has ruined my family by all the careless things he has done and my mom is and always tries to pick up the pieces and it always seems to cost her. After that she always calls me to vent about how her life is horrible and I am pretty use to it. Every-time something bad happens, i am the one everyone vents to. I feel unappreciated and ignored in a way. I don't really matter to people. I wouldn't be missed because I am so taken advantage of. This isn't about me. My mom is in a lot of debt and she takes out her anger verbally on me. She just wants a break and I understand that. She needs one. I just want her to be happy. She works and works and yet nothing ever good happens to her. Even with all the bull she deals with she still manages to bring food to people on thanksgiving even if she is unsure if we'll even have a thanksgiving that year. I have grown tired of trying to please her and everyone else. Thanksgiving is coming soon and its not going to be a happy one due to recent cir***stances. Sometimes she doesn't even want to live anymore. Can you imagine a mother telling her daughter that she doesn't want to live. It makes me not want to live. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I know you don't see these and you'll probably never reply but I just needed a place to vent for once. And even if my situation doesn't change or it gets worse and I chicken out on life and leave it, I just needed to finally get this off my chest. My family needs help. All I ever wanted was to make my family happy and proud. I am just tired, very tired.

(Page 7 of 13) Newer45678910Older