Shutterfly Helps a Family in Need

Ellen's friends at Shutterfly came to the rescue of a family who needed their help. Find out all of the amazing ways you can commemorate your photos at Shutterfly.com!

Comments

(Page 6 of 13) Newer3456789Older
Marie

Google is paying 75$/hour! Just work for few hours & spend more time with friends and family. On sunday I bought themselves a Alfa Romeo from having made $5637 this month. its the best-job Ive ever had.It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out http://Buzz95.com

Deborah A. Clark

Dear Ellen:

I am the single mom of five handsome sons ages from 34-17 years. My fourth son Benjamin whom is 22 years old, suffers with 'sickle cell anemia". As I write you this email, Benjamin is in the hospital. This is Benjamin's 127th admission and, he has under gone 77 blood transfusions and, he has had major surgery once. SCA is an hereditary, painful, incurable disease of the blood. One of Benjamin's biggest dreams is to appear on Ellen's show as a guess and dance with her. Please grant my son his wish.

LaToya Pickens

Dear Ellen,
I'm writing to u because I think your best to come out of New Orleans & I just love u! Although I've been extremely down on my luck since 2008 after having brain surgery then going deaf n 2010 then finding out I have sickle cell. I'm not complaining because it won't do no good I'm truly thankful! However, I've been hit with my landlord selling my apartment building & I may have to move soon but with a $700 once a month check it's impossible to save so when the day come I'll b able to go . I'm somehow able to put a few pennies to the side & with God's Grace I know it will happen...I said all that to say this...I absolutely love Idris Elba & it would mean a lot if I could come sit on your couch & meet u & him! Keeping my fingers toes & arms cross for this dream to become a reality! Hope to meet u soon...Love Toya!

CONSUELO CAMPUZANO

Dear Ellen
I'm writing because of a good friend of the family is my older sister best friend if you could donate anything it would really help here is a link that would tell you more

Chloe Jessee

Dear Ellen,

I'm an 18 year old college student, and I'm a lesbian. As you can imagine, I don't have a lot of money. My dad was wrongly convicted of embezzlement and was sentenced to five years in prison when I was 13. My mom became a single mom, taking care of five kids. She is a kindergarten teacher and I have heard my mom say one bad thing. She cares for these kids as if they're her own. I find that teachers are unappreciated and I want to give back to my mom. There have been students in the past she has helped. There was one instance where a student told her that her mom was sent to jail, the water was shut off, no power, and they were sleeping in tents in the front yard with their dad. My mom asked me to go with her to drop off food and shelter items. Being a single mom who is a teacher, we don't have a lot of money, but that didn't matter to my mom. I walked up to the dad that night and handed him everything, not knowing who I was. Seeing him tear up with joy and relief truly changed my life. Thanks to my mom, a family had dinner that night and my mom continued to help them. She made sure the girl had lunch and warm clothes every day. There have been so many other times my mom has done things like this. I'm a first year college student and all I really want is to give back to my mom for raising me and taking care of my family while my dad was gone. She barely has enough money for food and I've had to take out huge loans to help support the rest of my family. Please Ellen, help me give back to someone who truly deserves it. I can't imagine the difference it would make on her life and my family's life if she didn't have to worry about us eating. My mom is my hero. She's taken care of me when I was bashed all throughout high school for being gay. This woman is truly amazing and it's time someone gives back. I want to make a difference and it starts with you. Thank you for everything you've done for this world.

Sonya Maas

Dear Ellen,
I would love it if you could help my Daughter who is supporting her family on her own, her husband recently lost his job she barely makes anything and they are renting my house which now I am paying the rent for them. She has two beautiful boys one is a inspiring song writer and singer and one day hopes to make it big so he can take care of his mom, the other one is 11 and a straight a student. She also has a baby on the way and a step son. She is trying to support the family on her own without asking for help but she is a very strong person and I as her mother will do what I can to help her even if it means going into debt which I am. I refuse to put them out on the street because they are my family and pride and joy. I wish that just for xmas she can have her prayers answered. Her husband has tried numerous times to return to the New Orleans Police Force which needs police but they have yet to call him back. My wish for my children and grandchildren is that they have a special Christmas, I go to bed every night worrying about all of my children. And pray they find there way before I close my eyes. Knowing that you are a fellow New Orleanian I was hoping that you can in some way help her out with her situation. She is only a Medical Assistant and doesn't make much and I wish he could get back on the force. maybe if you could do that wonderful magic that you do you can help her out so her pregnancy is not so stressful. I want her to have a healthy and happy baby and a wonderful pregnancy. Please Ellen if you read this let me know if you can help her in anyway. She is my Hero by taking care of everything. Thank you her loving Mom

Julie Robertson

Dear Ellen~ I would like to nominate my daughter, Brandi! Brandi is the daughter that never has anything bad to say about anyone and always finds the good in everyone! When there is a friend or family in need,even though she is having a hard time herself right now,she would find a way to help them! Her husband lost his job two months ago and finally after two months of searching, got another job and just started last Monday!They have three beautiful babys', Layla 5yrs, Norah 4yrs, and Hayden 1.Brandi has expressed to me, she doesn't know how she is going to be able to give her kids a Christmas, yes, we will get the babys' things for chritmas, but I would love it, if just for one christmas, Brandi could have some money to be able to go and shop for her baby's herself! They all need clothes and even Brandi needs clothes, but she hasn't even gotten to go shopping for herself in like over 3 yrs.and her children always comes first! In fact,My husband and I have been the ones to provide for the babys' since they have not been able to! So I was wondering if you would be able to select her to win the Shutterfly? This would be the best gift anyone could ever do for her! I would greatly appreciate and I know that this would mean the world to her to be able to go out and get what her children and herself needs! I know this isn't the best letter you have received, but this is the best that I could explain the situation of my daughter! Thank you so kindly for taking the time to read my letter! By the way, there is never a day goes by, that we miss your show, and if we have something that we have to do, we tivo it and watch it as soon as we get home! You make us laugh everyday and that is the best gift that you can give us! Sincerely, Julie Robertson 1107 North Maple Street Creston, Iowa 50801 Home phone 641-782-9689..I work from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. central time and your show comes on at 4:00p.m. central time..I am always home by 3:45 p.m. so if you decide to call me, hint hint, I will be here to get your call!!Ellen, once again, thank you for just being you!

Mike Parsons

Hi Ellen,
You are always looking to help people who could use a hand and how a cause can be furthered.

My daughter and her wife Brenna are both 25 and have been together 10 years. They were high school sweethearts and were finally able to be legally married in California earlier this year. While my daughter was serving in the US Navy they were made aware of a young pregnant woman who was going to have an abortion. The girls were very active in a gay and lesbian church in San Diego at the time and convinced this young woman to go full term with the pregnancy and allow them to adopt (privately) the baby at birth, which they did….at the age of 21. I didn’t agree with the decision at the time but these were young adults able to make their own decisions. Nearly four years later, I couldn’t enjoy my grandson more or be prouder of the girls than I am every day since.

My daughter-in-law Brenna has a serious condition known as POTS. In a nutshell, blood does not reach the brain fast enough if she stands too quick or makes a sudden movement, resulting in her fainting. The poor girl has stitches, scars, bumps and bruises all over her body.
The problem with POTS is that it is not fully recognized in the medical community, much like Fibromyalgia was not recognized and mocked 10-15 years ago. There are medical specialists known for POTS but they are few and far between. Frequent trips to the emergency room often lead to the girls explaining this condition to the doctors and nurses. There is no known cure and the meds that can be prescribed often lead to other severe problems.

As her POTS progresses, it has lead to early stage Fibromyalga, deterioration of her hearing (hearing aid required), permanent heart damage, on and off loss of driving priviliges and possible permanent disability at age 25.

In addition to the health problems, the girls suffer through homophobic discrimination, hatred and vandalism that has already forced them to move once from their N. Cal home. They are fortunate to have my amazing wife as their support rock, therapist, guidance counselor and friend.

Throughout all this, Brenna is an amazing mother, wife, sister (her younger sister also lives with them) and member of the community. Both my daughter and Brenna go to school, rescue pets and have recently became licensed to become foster parents.

If anyone can raise awareness to POTS it is you Ellen. My wife and I are long-time daily viewers and have learned so much from you over the years. The causes you pursue raise a nearly immediate impact on your millions of viewers and multiple social media followers, of which we are part of. The fact that you have Classic Joke Wednesday is an added bonus!!!

Thank You for anything you can do!!

Mike Parsons
702-326-7219 (mobile)

Lil

Please help my son get a job. He deserves to be able to feel productive and has had to endure many obstacles. He needs to feel productive. He is articulate and extremely smart. He has some college, but so far, no takers......He just wants a job.....thanks....

Jennifer Darsney Lowry

Ellen,

I am writing to share story about my sister in law. My sister-in-law Kris is amazing wife, mother & teacher who always sacrifices for her family. My brother & her have struggled through so my obstacles in the past 5 years and every time I think they are going to get a break they get kicked down again. I think their life started to go south about 5 years ago when she had to go on disability from a freak accident that injured her neck. While she was on disability my brother was going to law school at night & was working full-time. During this time Kris was the rock and was always supporting her husband and hiding the pain she was in. After over a year of being out of work she returned still injured but determined to back for her students & for financial reasons. They had a mortgage to pay & they wanted to start planning a wedding and hopefully a family.

After she returned to work, they got married and had a baby. Right after my nephew was born my brother lost his job. Trying to find the silver lining he focused all his energy into finishing Law school. After lots of studying and a few bumps in the road I am happy to say he graduated. I wish I could say this is the happy ending and the story ends there but it doesn’t. My brother’s unemployment ran out and he still didn’t have a job. Kris still determined to hide her concerns and keep the positive attitude, always said “It’s ok, we can figure it out”.

My brother finally had to take a position that he was extremely overqualified for just to get a paycheck. His student loans deferment expired & he was required to start paying. Oh and I forgot to mention last March they had another child. The combination of the low income job, high student loan debt, 2 children, daycare & a mortgage became too much and in the end the end they lost their house. So with a 2 year old & an infant they had to move out of the house they thought they would have a lifetime of memories in it. Now they are renting and I still worry how they are able to get by. To make matters worse both their cars are starting to act up & after they moved into to the new apartment they discovered it was infested with fleas. This meant exterminators coming in and having to throw away and replace many things. (with money they didn’t have)

I am writing this because this couple deserves a break. As I am a big fan of your show, I thought you could help them. These are good people who do the right thing and continue to get the short end of the stick. I just think if there is some way to give them a little hope it would make their lives a little easier and give them the break that they so deserve.

Thanks for listening. Jen

Amy

Hello Ellen! I have been watching your show a lot lately and it sure makes me laugh. The whole family enjoys yours show. We have been waiting two years for my husband Michael to get his gastric bypass surgery and so far when it rains it pours. But, I believe things happen for a reason. I really want him to have this done so that his health will get better and he can spend more time with the kids outside.

lori schwenk

maybe you can help my family in need...my home lender offered us a lower payment we paid for 7months and then they stopped because we didnt sign something we didnt receive.and when i contacted them i received a letter for their law firm Morris and ass. on behalf of seterus inc it stated that that my loan was sent to them in error,the sale had been stopped and my file closed but we still lost our home on aug 22nd and now my 9am tomorrow we will be homeless..because they are dragging there feet to answering why and working with me b/c there are to many mistakes,,,i need a miracle either some one to stop the eviction or buy my house and let us pay them for it something...i just know this is wrong i mean we will loose our home and have no were to go and our rescue dogs and cat and a blind kitten will probably have to be surrendered. please help me

Amy Tucker

Google is paying 80$ per hour! Just work for few hours & spend more time with friends and family. On saturday I bought a great new audi from earning $8012 this month. this is actually the best-work I have ever had. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out http://Buzz95.com

Margie Sasser

I love your show. You make my day. It is wonderful that you help so many people. I am 65 years old and never thought I would ask for help. I'm a waitress, and was working 5 days a week, and barely getting by. On Oct.10th my Dr. told me I have a blood disorder in my legs. It is called TTP. Blood clots form in my veins and when they bust, my legs are sold blood under the skin from my knees to my toes. The Dr. told me I need to quit work so a clot doesn't get to my heart or my brain. Stroke or heart attack. I also have COPD, high blood pressure, and other things. I filed for my social security but it is only $500.00 a month. I am still trying to work 2 or 3 days a week but that is not enough to pay bills, rent and buy groceries. My legs are not holding up to good with me working, they get worse when I am on them all day. I was off Oct. 10th to Nov. 4th due to Drs. orders. My legs did pretty good, less blood, and less pain. I had to go to food pantry to get food, they only let you come 2 times a year, and they paid my electric bill and could only do that once a year. Ellen I am at wits end, I don't know what to do. My legs can't stand to much longer. I desperately need help. I have never been one to ask for help, I just don't have a choice now. It's the holidays and I have no money and I am behind on all my bills. I hope that I can be one that you will help this year. God Bless, Margie

fabiola zermeno

Hi Ellen,
I wanted to tell u about my mom, she has being through alot. I have 2 sisters, I'm the middle child when my youngest sister was a year old she was diagnosed with liver cancer... Mom had to travel 2 hours just to take my sister for her chemo... After six months of chemo my dad passed away leaving my mom with all the work of taking care of my older sister myself and my youngest sister... She would leave at least 3 times a week to take my sister for her treatment she would leave us with a neighbor si that she could take her. After a year she decided that it would better if we came to the USA. To give us a better life. She has then being working supporting the 3 of us. Now I'm married my oldest sister too. I wished I could help her because she just started working after a year of being out of work because she had back surgery. But now that she started work she walks to work since the only car that she has my youngest sister takes it work... The other day she had to walk while it was raining I just wished I could help her but I have 3 children of my one and I don't work since they are toddlers and I have to stay at home with them. I just hope you consider her she is a wonderful mom and it would be a great Christmas present. Just today I talked to her and she told me she wanted to save at least 2000 dlrs so she could buy her a another car. Thank you Ellen I hope to hear from you please please help me on this one

(Page 6 of 13) Newer3456789Older