The "Dancing with the Stars" champ told Ellen the meaning behind his new and poignant tattoo.

Comments

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older
Julia Davis Scott

I have such a "Mom Crush" on J.R.! He is exactly the type of man that I want my sons to be like. My boys are already wonderful, but they have never had to face the hardships this young man has, and I hope that his story can teach young people about grace, acceptance, and faith. God bless you, Mr. Martinez!

Kristina

Can anyone tell me what JR's exact quote about what his mom said about smiling is?

1 Reply
rosekrajacic@hotmail.com

J.R. you've got the moves like Jager......

Felicia Tawil

More than the Tattoo, I very much appreciate the story of his mother's smile. During the most difficult of times, for not just myself, but so many... I watch your show to find my smile every day, from day 1, as I'm sure so many do. The accomplishment is finding the smile without reason, and available throughout every day. As we strive for bettering our lives, having that smile in spite of cir***stances, could be the foundation of good things to come. Thank You J.R., & Another Thank You to Ellen for finding my smile in another day ~.~

michele Cole

I am so thankful you had JR on your show. I cannot wait to read his book. I plan on giving it to my son who suffers from MS.

mary laferriere   978-455-76-37

IM SO GLAD U HAD JR ON,HE WAS GREAT ON ALL MY CHILDREN,LUV HIS TATTO IM GLADE I GOT TO SMILE,I HAVE LIKE I SAI I HAVE 12 GRANNCHILDREN AND STRUGGLING WITH FYBRAMYAGA ANMONEYS TIGHT, IM NO GOOD WITH COMPUTERS, I PROMISE ELLENS TEAM I WILL GET BETTER. WHEN I GET ONE. PLAY 12 12 12 LLOOOL

Connie Sayler

JR is amazing and such an inspiration! I am smiling.

Teresa, the young woman who helped today however has set an incredible example for us all! What an incredible loving woman! She is my Hero!

Wayne Watercutter

J.R. THERE ARE NO SCARS IN YOUR SMILE OR YOU PRIDE , YOU ARE THE MAN

Joanne Gariffo

Hi Ellen

Just wanted to say that I love your show and my special friend June 94 years old watch you every day on Phila network channel 10 at 3PM. She loves the little girls from England and just
enjoys everything you do. It makes her laugh and is not happy when the show is over.

Daniel hinojosa

Hi my name is Daniel did you received my email video please here me sing that's all I want Ellen .

Gail H Turner

J.R. you truly are amazing. Makes one proud to be any American. We have so much in this country and most of us do not appreciate it. GOD be you

Erma Perenkovich

J.R. is wonderful. To go through all he's been through and still have such a good heart. A man with a lot of pride. Good thing....

Craig Brooks

I just watched the JR Martinez interview. He said his Mom smiles a lot to encourage good things to come her way. My Mom (Joyce Brooks) used to always say "Give a smile to someone passing thereby make their morning glad. It may greet you in the evening when your own heart may be sad." Mom became blind in her later years but whenever she knew someone was near, she always gave them a great smile. Most people who didn't know her - didn't even know she was blind. Her smile became her trademark and good things always came her way.

Carolyn Horn

I have seen JR several times and he is such an inspiration to all!

Diana Blouin

LOVE the CASH for KINDNESS!!! My sister lives her life like that everyday. She is truly kind to everyone, and NEVER expects anything in return. This segment fills my heart with love during the holidays. Thank you!!

(Page 1 of 2) 12Older