Tell Us About an Act of Kindness

If you know someone who has performed an act of kindness, tell us about it! Is this a person who is struggling financially that helped someone else in need? If their actions moved you, we want to hear about it. Tell us what they did and why they could also use some help, right here.

Comments

(Page 9 of 67) Newer6789101112Older
CHERRY ELLIS

A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO I WENT INTO SUBWAY AND THE LADY THAT WAITED ON ME HAD SUCH A SAD LOOK ON HER FACE, I JOKED AND CUTE UP WITH HER BEFORE LEAVING I ASKED WAS SHE ALLOWED TO RECEIVE TIPS, SHE SMILED AND SAID YES IF THEY ARE OFFERED, SO I CONTINUED TO GET THE AMOUNT SHE ASKED FOR AND TOLD HER TO KEEP THE REST AND SHE SAID TO ME OH I KNOW I CAN'T EXCEPT THAT AND I SMILED AT HER AND TOOK HER HAND AND TOLD HER MAM HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD BLESS YOU, SHE HAD A TEAR IN HER EYE WHICH WAS A CHAIN REACTION THAT ALSO PUT TEARS IN MY EYES, IT MAY ME FEEL SO REVIVED INSIDE TO LIFT SOMEONES SPIRITS AND LEAVE A SMILE THAT WAS A FROWN ON THERE FACE!

MaryAnn WEED

I look forward to watching your show ever day. You are such an inspiration to me, I have had 6 back surgeries, and three hip replacement (all the same hip) and i still can't walk well without my crutch. You make me forget about it for an hour. You are just the nicest person I have ever seen. You are not just beautiful on the outside, but you shine so bright on the inside as well. I wish i could come to your show one day. My husband is working 2 jobs a day, since I am not able to work, because i can't work to bring in the extra money anymore,that make me so depressed, but like i said for one hour I loose myself with you. keep up the good work of inspiring people. Love you!

Wendy McDonnel

Good morning,
I encourage you to take a look at the following YouTube - Axtell Park Awesomeness. These two young ladies realized that the holidays can be a very dark time for many of their classmates and did something about it. They personally wrote on 800 sticky notes messages of hope and confidence and attached one to every locker at their middle school. This middle school has a high rate of free and reduced lunches so the holidays can be a time of despair and sadness for many of their classmates. This video and these young ladies show so many that character does not come from possessing "things," but in who you are and the compassion you show others. As a mother of a middle school daughter and the trials and tribulations that comes with that each day, these girls give so many of us hope and love for our future. Thank you.

Laura Gannon

Dear Ellen,
I want to tell u about the one person that inspires me the most and that is my mom. All she does is do things for other people before herself. She goes out in the woods for hours picking ground pine to make these beautiful tiny Christmass trees to sell to people and we usually ether break even or under. And she only sells them for $15.00. She also makes Christmas come alive with all the decorations for my two kids, me, and my fiancee. She gives so much. About two years ago she even let my fiance's two cousins and his aunt come live with us cause they were living in a house with no electric and it was November. She brings out the good in everyone. And now she I'd facing one of the things she tried to stop everyone from going through. She lost her job in February and could only find a job at adollar store. And me and my fiancee with my two kids live with her. And now she is only making $8 an hour instead of $15. We can't pay or taxes she took out a lone two years ago because the well busted and that was ten thousand to put that in and she barfly has paid on that. Now her car has just blown the engine and all a have is a three seated truck for 3 adults a 4 year old and a six month old. She has given so much to everyone and I don't want her to loose the one thing she and all of us love the most, our house. Its was built in 1685 by our great great great great grandfather Roger Smith. And his grandson was captain William Smith in the revolutionary war. This house has been in our family ever since. And to think of her losing the greatest family heirloom that anyone could ask for would make my heart brake. I love her so much and I just want her to have something in return for all the things she does for others without questioning it at all she is a great woman and she deserves it. Love you Ellen :-) :-) ;-) xoxoxo

Carol Thomas

Hi Ellen, I just lost my job yesterday after being with the same company going on 15 years. I have a group of girl friend called the Phat Princess, it consist of 9 amazing women. Some are happily married and the rest of us are single. After sharing my news with the one of them it spread like wild fire. Calles and text from them made me feel so much better. I know that God is with me and has something better in store, and with the Phat Princess to help nothing is impossible. P.S. I've already bought Christmas gifts for my coworkers what do I do with them, give as intended or what? the bright side I made it home in time to watch your show and it too made me feel better and looking forward to today's show. Merry Christmas, Carol

Brittany Donatelli

Hi Ellen,
I wanted to share this amazing video that has been flooding my newsfeed on Facebook. It's about an airline in Canada that made a Christmas miracle come true. WestJet asked passengers what was on their Christmas list this year and while the passengers were in the air, the employees rushed out to purchase their wishes before they landed. I immediately thought of you and all of the wonderful things you and your staff do for people across the U.S. during this time of year, and had to share. You may have already seen it, if so please pass it a long to others to warm their hearts this holiday season.

Happy Holidays to you and your family,
Brittany Donatelli
Graduate Assistant for Leadership
Syracuse University

keli christman

I do not know theses gentlemen but they are from around my area.. they r just normal teenager boys dressers up as super hero's showing acts of kindness around the sauk valley area in Illinois. http://youtu.be/jrbd1Td1CPA please show this..

Angela Stewart

You Tube link to our small town's continual attempt to care for ourselves. We have >50% reduced fare/free lunch qualifications. We are a small, rural, tight knot community. The kids @ the HS annually accomplish an amazing amount of community support. Unfortunately our little hamlet has been noteworthy for a lot of negative press - eg. cover of Rolling Stone for meth capitol back in the 1990's. Please help by recognizing their efforts to really make a change.
Thank you & Merry Christmas!

judy foote

I somehow lost my entry in this but thank you for your act of kindness everyday.

Odette Sierra

Ellen, I saw this video and thought it was the cutest thing and made me cry. This little girl performed a christmas show at her school and signed the whole time for her deaf mother... Here is the youtube link. http://youtu.be/zQeygYqOn8g you should see this yourself ! Merry Christmas !

Nancy Ferro

Hi Ellen
Cancer Sucks! Cancer came into my life when my oldest son was diagnosed with cancer August 29th 2007 at 8 15AM. It rocked my families world. Strange to say it also blessed our lives. I have a wonderful husband and 3 children who all give so much. They are my examples of acts of kindness and lead me to start a non profit for Adult Cancer Survivors. We take adult cancer survivors on a free week long outdoor adventure white water kayaking during the summer or cross country skiing during the winter with a host of other activities, but at the top of the list is laughter!
We cry and laugh alot together to encourage survivors to live beyond their diagnosis.
We would love your help so that we can continue to offer help to cancer survivors.
www.epicexperience.org
Nancy
Mama Lou

Tanisha Downey

Ellen I have a lady who I would like to submit for an act of kindness. She LOVE you soooooo much and look forward everyday to see your show. This lady is very important to my family I share this story because many people don't ask these question and ask you to show gratitude to another. This lady took on a big responsibility raising 7 girls and 2 boys at the age of 18. This lady I speak about is my sister who we call mom, me and my twin is the youngest and our mother died a day before or first birthday which left my sister at the time 18 to take on a role as mommy. She had many options by letting family members split us up, DYFS, I'd just to defend for ourselves but she chose to put get dream aside and raised us.With little funds she manage to feed the homeless, drug addicts and all who needed a hot meal. She was like the Bug Mama: yelling at teens who walk passed and curse, pants sagging or just needing a down to earth mother figure. Pushing us to finish school go to college and still manage to get her diploma. I'm proud to say after 39 years I value get so much because she is my best friend, my spiritual sister, my blood sister and above all that my Mommy. We look forward to Christmas and Thanksgiving to spend time with the entire family but being that I lost my job I won't be able to give her a gift she will deserve although she don't care I do because she deserve nothing less. This year she's asking for a new phone being that her 6 years phone is dying it's about time and it is not much much but I can't afford it and for all she done that's the least I can do but never mind tatty Ellen can you please acknowledge her so are can know how much she mean to me, the family and the entire neighborhood.

mary mills

Dear Ellen, I am writing to you on behalf of my niece,Jen,and nephew,Robert who are two of the most caring people I know. Jen's mother who has a history of severe diabetes, went in for an angioplasty one week ago and ended up needing 14 units of blood due to her femoral artery being "nicked" during surgery and she bled out. The anesthesiologist said they were 95-100% sure she would not make it out of the OR alive. Jen took this hard and holding her mother's hand as she watched her struggle to breathe she sobbed,praying for God to heal her mother. She continued talking to her mother even thought her mother was not responding or waking up. She hadn't had any nourishment for a week due to pulling her feeding tube out. When life seemed dismal Jen cried to her husband Robert that "Christmas is only 2 weeks away and I can't get into the Christmas spirit". "We won't have a tree,I am not decorating, and I am not baking." She felt lost this year. The next day after being at the hospital all day with her mother, she went home to find that Robert had gone out and bought a real Christmas tree and decorated it for Jen even though they were tight on money. They had been putting up an artificial tree but he knew Jen loved a real tree and he knew it would put a smile on her face. Robert is always caring and suprising Jen with something special like this. As of yesterday, Jen received a Christmas miracle because her mother was sitting up,talking, and eating! Jen can now celebrate Christmas with her whole family.

Que'Anna Childs

Dear Ellen

My name is Que'Anna Childs and I'm 17-years-old, I'm from Detroit. My mother is my superwoman, I love her very much. Right now she going through some money problems and it stresses out her everyday. I don't like to see her stressed out because stress kills and I don't won't her to go to soon, because I need her more than anything. We riding a van that doesn't have heat in also the van keeps breaking down and that's more money that's out of her pockets. My mother never got the time to enjoy herself because she always have to take care of me and my other siblings.All I want for christmas is my mother to be happy, and to be less stress.
P.S. I love you sooooooooooo much Ellen!!!

Christina

Dear Ellen, I know a couple who I am truly grateful for. I have gotten myself into some trouble and have to go away for quite a while. I have two children that are going to need cared for while I'm gone and my mother recently passed away. My son's father is very 'sometimes' and my daughter has made allegations that her father had touched her inappropriately. I really didn't have anyone else to care for my kids and this couple, who is related to my sons father, stepped up and said that they would care for my kids. Meanwhile, they already have 4 kids of their own in the house, and 2 grown children out of the house. They live in a 4 bedroom house, and two of those bedrooms are quite small. So, that puts 2 kids in each room. It's a tight squeeze. However, they are making due and they don't complain. All the kids do well academically. The wife is a general manager for a restaurant and works alot of hours, and the husband is a football coach for our youth and has all of the kids doing all different sports. He runs all day for the kids to get them to school and home and to all their sporting events and does his coaching, and still makes it to work at for the midnight shift. I dont know when he finds time to sleep. They are great people who do their best and always try to help out when needed. I am very thankful to have them in mine and my childrens' lives and just wanted to let someone else know about them. Thanks.

(Page 9 of 67) Newer6789101112Older