Tell Us About an Act of Kindness

If you know someone who has performed an act of kindness, tell us about it! Is this a person who is struggling financially that helped someone else in need? If their actions moved you, we want to hear about it. Tell us what they did and why they could also use some help, right here.

Comments

(Page 8 of 67) Newer567891011Older
Patty Morris-Hildebrand

Dear Ellen,
I learned that you can find such kindness when you least expect it. I was selling a cabinet on CL, a lady came & bought it. We began what ended up being a very long conversation, almost as if we had known each other for years. She had complimented me on my home & I told her if she knew of anyone that was just starting out that I will be selling most of my furniture, obviously curious she asked why I would sell such nice things, I told her that I am preparing to sell my very modest home of 28 years due to finances, I was diagnosed with CML in 10/94 & I am extremely blessed for I have responded to the regimen whereas so many CML patients get liver damage from the treatment & after this long I am in REMISSION! She then told me that she almost lost her husband in a very bad motorcycle accident in KY., he was flown to STL. where his battle was long as he had a major head injury. She said she was astonished at the amount of people, some she didn't even know that came to help out, from keeping her lawn cut, bringing food, basically everything that was needed to keep her home maintained and her family fed as she spent long hours at her husbands bedside. Though before she told me about this horrific accident I had asked her if she knew of anyone that did exterior power washing, cleaning gutters & trim limbs. My late Father always told me that "word of mouth" was the best way to find reliable & honest help. So, when I asked (expecting she might know someone) she said,"Yes, my husband can do it." This wasn't what I expected her to say,then Michelle said after all of the wonderful kindness shown to her family she is,"PAYING IT FORWARD". And, she did that and so much more. On a very hot, humid Sat. her & her husband showed up early and they both worked the entire day. He was so careful not to miss any area while Michelle was cutting limbs, he cleaned out my gutters, power washed my home & garage.. Once they finished I tried to pay him and she reminded me of how his accident changed their lives.I am of the mindset that this was no coincodence. I believe Mrs. Michelle Jefferson of Troy, IL. and her wonderful husband was truly my Angels to be so giving of their time. I had only just met her. What a true blessing this was to me. It's people like this that can make such a difference in someones life. Life is Good...

Jacque Johnson

Ellen!! I found you!! I know that you have been both naughty and nice this past year, but your magnanimous!! Could you please take a look at this recent story covered by KOMO News channel 4 in Seattle Washington?

One of my BucketList items is to disconnect from the social media for 3 months. I made it 68 hours; but I believe it will be worth it. I look forward to laughing with you.
Jax

brenda nelson

I have this friend/coworker who her and her husband just adopted 4 day old twin girls they were born on christmas eve. The mother could not keep them. They both are in there middle 40s with 3 grown up childern and 3 grandkids.They will be starting over I think they are amazing and have HUGE HEARTS.Just thought you needed to here this story for these twin girls I think it is a Christmas Miricle thanks to my friends.

Cindy Stringer Wismer

Hello Ellen,
Knowing your interest in autism, I thought you might enjoy reading a short story I just published entitled Never Push and Never Pull. I am a recently retired special education teacher and was inspired to write this story of one of my children who came to me not communicating and went on to win the spelling bee.
Love your show,
Cindy

Bridgitte Hall

Dear Ellen I am writing about Angel Macias founder and CEO of California Families In Focus Organization.She has endured so much hardship in the past three months. But despite the tragedies in her life , she thought others hardships were more important than her own. September her wife's sister passed away from cancer. Exactly one month later her brother was brutally murdered in Sacramento Ca. As a result of her brother's murder she was given custody of his two children. For the past ten years she has sponsored The Spirit of Christmas Brunch for women and children in domestic violence shelters in Long Beach Ca. This year was no different she was adamant that the Spirit of Christmas happen. The families are treated to a spectacular breakfast. There are inspirational speakers and other entertainment for the women. The children enjoy mingling with Santa, face painting, balloon artist, jumpers and arts and crafts. Each woman is given a pair of pajamas and house slippers. The children receive toys provided by various motorcycle clubs in California. There is a minimum of 400 bikes that attend the event, the look on the kids face when the bikes arrive with the toys is irreplaceable. The teenagers receive gift cards. Are organization participates in numerous community events. And offers various services to families. We seek various sponsors throughout the year. This year she had to spend some of her her money to help out Spirit of Christmas. She is an excellent example of what it means to give back. California Families in Focus is a small organization, it reminds me of the Little Red Engine that could! She has shown us with faith and perseverance WE CAN! Please find it in your heart to offer any type of help no matter how big or small. Thanks,
Bridgette Hall

Lizzie

Ellen is an act of kindness, and I will always remember a show from years ago when a young girl, maybe the one who had the "hypnotized lizards"...said that she thought Ellen's name was Ellen The Genres!!
Not sure it's spelled correctly, but Ellen, you certainly are a VERY giving person, who has helped open my eyes and heart to many things and I thank you for so much!!! Blessings to you and your family!!
I have 2 miracle life stories, gifts from God, that I want to share, but need to make alot less "wordy"...you will appreciate, and I WILL get to it....Happy and Merry !!

Mary jane Kiro

I would like to tell you about an act of kindness from my daughter Kristin Kiro she truly is an inspiration to our family. My family has hit a rough spot over the past few years my husband needs his knees replaced and I am disables with Chronic regional pain syndrome from an accident. We lost our home due to an employer that owes my husband over $7,000 and I had a breakdown when the home was in foreclosure. My daughter moved backed in and has helped each and one of her brothers out and her father and myself from helping with expenses to making our life easier by buying an additional car. Not to mentioned that she is a rock for me and always there. I have no way to return the favor as we get by from pay check to paycheck. I would love her to be recognized as this is what family is about.she has refused a job that I told her she should take to be with her boyfriend of 7 years because she worries about us. Ellen can you help me somehow to say thank you to her I really want to do something special for her and am unable

Tiffany Scott

I think my kids Amoree and Jalen did a act of kindness by telling santa that can he talk to my doctors for Christmas and let them donate a kidney for me im only 31 and on dialysis they cant understand that i would never ask them to do that

josh

My friend heather has put her life on the line for her country as a soldier and pit her self trough nursing school she has a 8 year old son sinceshe broke up with her boyfriend last week she has been struggling to pay the bills she has yet to be able to buy one present for her son I live almost 500 miles away her family lives in the east coast she has no one there for support I have been trying everything I know as a vet also I just fear i'm was to late to get her help from the vfw I was struggling this year my self and if it wasn't for the shop with a cop program my daughter would not have received what she did just trying to play that forward this person also made me smile inside when I didn't think that was possible just a little kindness changes the world thank you for reading my story everyone have a happy holidays

Kenneth McLay

I am a 43 year old gay male and I want to talk about my spouse for 33 years Patrick Monahan.

He puts others above himself and donates his time and energy to help others in need to better himself and the community.

We would like to come onto your show because we are big fans and watch your show constantly on WABI TV 5 in Orono, Maine. We love and support everything that you do.

Please respond as soon as you are able.

Respectively yours,

Kenneth McLay

Dianna

I am a caregiver to my mother and have been for the past 3 years now. My mother is now unable to really get around. My mother will not be with me bu next christmas. My mother is leagally blindm has stage four kidney diseas, takes many medications for hypertent and choliesteral issues(Minor). She not goes once a month for procrit infusions. I take care of her every need. She just want to meet you. We watch you everyday. Love to both of you

Dianna

My daughter takes very good care of me. I am leagally blind and have many medical issues. I do not walk much anymore because of my health. My kidneys are chuting down among other things. I try to get her to go out with her husband so they have time but they are unable to do this because she is here with me. My diabtes and insulin keep her around with me. She has been very good asbout seeing the stroke that I had and the low sugar I have also had and sent me to the hospital. She has saved my life on more than one occassion. She used to be a Medicdal Assistat until the recession hit and became unemployed.

If it were not for my daughter I would be in a nursing home or dead by now. She needs the recognition I lack to give her. Her best friend is writing this for me because my daughter feels this is her job is to take care of her parents. And she is doing a great one.

I sent a kiss to you and Porche
Love you
Cathleen Powers

Lisa
blair schaan

Here is another west jet story Ellen, they fly to orlando and disney w2orld so tjhey painted up the plane and outfitted it inside with disney stuff and the guests love it thats how you treat guest

blair schaan

On December 6th a Canadian airline called west jet did something never done before in aviation history you have to watch the video to see what transpired , enjoy and keep the tissues handy

Now Ellen you travel on American get them to do this and see how their guests react

(Page 8 of 67) Newer567891011Older