Tell Us About an Act of Kindness

If you know someone who has performed an act of kindness, tell us about it! Is this a person who is struggling financially that helped someone else in need? If their actions moved you, we want to hear about it. Tell us what they did and why they could also use some help, right here.

Comments

(Page 8 of 67) Newer567891011Older
brenda nelson

I have this friend/coworker who her and her husband just adopted 4 day old twin girls they were born on christmas eve. The mother could not keep them. They both are in there middle 40s with 3 grown up childern and 3 grandkids.They will be starting over I think they are amazing and have HUGE HEARTS.Just thought you needed to here this story for these twin girls I think it is a Christmas Miricle thanks to my friends.

Cindy Stringer Wismer

Hello Ellen,
Knowing your interest in autism, I thought you might enjoy reading a short story I just published entitled Never Push and Never Pull. I am a recently retired special education teacher and was inspired to write this story of one of my children who came to me not communicating and went on to win the spelling bee.
Love your show,
Cindy

Bridgitte Hall

Dear Ellen I am writing about Angel Macias founder and CEO of California Families In Focus Organization.She has endured so much hardship in the past three months. But despite the tragedies in her life , she thought others hardships were more important than her own. September her wife's sister passed away from cancer. Exactly one month later her brother was brutally murdered in Sacramento Ca. As a result of her brother's murder she was given custody of his two children. For the past ten years she has sponsored The Spirit of Christmas Brunch for women and children in domestic violence shelters in Long Beach Ca. This year was no different she was adamant that the Spirit of Christmas happen. The families are treated to a spectacular breakfast. There are inspirational speakers and other entertainment for the women. The children enjoy mingling with Santa, face painting, balloon artist, jumpers and arts and crafts. Each woman is given a pair of pajamas and house slippers. The children receive toys provided by various motorcycle clubs in California. There is a minimum of 400 bikes that attend the event, the look on the kids face when the bikes arrive with the toys is irreplaceable. The teenagers receive gift cards. Are organization participates in numerous community events. And offers various services to families. We seek various sponsors throughout the year. This year she had to spend some of her her money to help out Spirit of Christmas. She is an excellent example of what it means to give back. California Families in Focus is a small organization, it reminds me of the Little Red Engine that could! She has shown us with faith and perseverance WE CAN! Please find it in your heart to offer any type of help no matter how big or small. Thanks,
Bridgette Hall

Lizzie

Ellen is an act of kindness, and I will always remember a show from years ago when a young girl, maybe the one who had the "hypnotized lizards"...said that she thought Ellen's name was Ellen The Genres!!
Not sure it's spelled correctly, but Ellen, you certainly are a VERY giving person, who has helped open my eyes and heart to many things and I thank you for so much!!! Blessings to you and your family!!
I have 2 miracle life stories, gifts from God, that I want to share, but need to make alot less "wordy"...you will appreciate, and I WILL get to it....Happy and Merry !!

Mary jane Kiro

I would like to tell you about an act of kindness from my daughter Kristin Kiro she truly is an inspiration to our family. My family has hit a rough spot over the past few years my husband needs his knees replaced and I am disables with Chronic regional pain syndrome from an accident. We lost our home due to an employer that owes my husband over $7,000 and I had a breakdown when the home was in foreclosure. My daughter moved backed in and has helped each and one of her brothers out and her father and myself from helping with expenses to making our life easier by buying an additional car. Not to mentioned that she is a rock for me and always there. I have no way to return the favor as we get by from pay check to paycheck. I would love her to be recognized as this is what family is about.she has refused a job that I told her she should take to be with her boyfriend of 7 years because she worries about us. Ellen can you help me somehow to say thank you to her I really want to do something special for her and am unable

Tiffany Scott

I think my kids Amoree and Jalen did a act of kindness by telling santa that can he talk to my doctors for Christmas and let them donate a kidney for me im only 31 and on dialysis they cant understand that i would never ask them to do that

josh

My friend heather has put her life on the line for her country as a soldier and pit her self trough nursing school she has a 8 year old son sinceshe broke up with her boyfriend last week she has been struggling to pay the bills she has yet to be able to buy one present for her son I live almost 500 miles away her family lives in the east coast she has no one there for support I have been trying everything I know as a vet also I just fear i'm was to late to get her help from the vfw I was struggling this year my self and if it wasn't for the shop with a cop program my daughter would not have received what she did just trying to play that forward this person also made me smile inside when I didn't think that was possible just a little kindness changes the world thank you for reading my story everyone have a happy holidays

Kenneth McLay

I am a 43 year old gay male and I want to talk about my spouse for 33 years Patrick Monahan.

He puts others above himself and donates his time and energy to help others in need to better himself and the community.

We would like to come onto your show because we are big fans and watch your show constantly on WABI TV 5 in Orono, Maine. We love and support everything that you do.

Please respond as soon as you are able.

Respectively yours,

Kenneth McLay

Dianna

I am a caregiver to my mother and have been for the past 3 years now. My mother is now unable to really get around. My mother will not be with me bu next christmas. My mother is leagally blindm has stage four kidney diseas, takes many medications for hypertent and choliesteral issues(Minor). She not goes once a month for procrit infusions. I take care of her every need. She just want to meet you. We watch you everyday. Love to both of you

Dianna

My daughter takes very good care of me. I am leagally blind and have many medical issues. I do not walk much anymore because of my health. My kidneys are chuting down among other things. I try to get her to go out with her husband so they have time but they are unable to do this because she is here with me. My diabtes and insulin keep her around with me. She has been very good asbout seeing the stroke that I had and the low sugar I have also had and sent me to the hospital. She has saved my life on more than one occassion. She used to be a Medicdal Assistat until the recession hit and became unemployed.

If it were not for my daughter I would be in a nursing home or dead by now. She needs the recognition I lack to give her. Her best friend is writing this for me because my daughter feels this is her job is to take care of her parents. And she is doing a great one.

I sent a kiss to you and Porche
Love you
Cathleen Powers

Lisa
blair schaan

Here is another west jet story Ellen, they fly to orlando and disney w2orld so tjhey painted up the plane and outfitted it inside with disney stuff and the guests love it thats how you treat guest

blair schaan

On December 6th a Canadian airline called west jet did something never done before in aviation history you have to watch the video to see what transpired , enjoy and keep the tissues handy

Now Ellen you travel on American get them to do this and see how their guests react

CHERRY ELLIS

A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO I WENT INTO SUBWAY AND THE LADY THAT WAITED ON ME HAD SUCH A SAD LOOK ON HER FACE, I JOKED AND CUTE UP WITH HER BEFORE LEAVING I ASKED WAS SHE ALLOWED TO RECEIVE TIPS, SHE SMILED AND SAID YES IF THEY ARE OFFERED, SO I CONTINUED TO GET THE AMOUNT SHE ASKED FOR AND TOLD HER TO KEEP THE REST AND SHE SAID TO ME OH I KNOW I CAN'T EXCEPT THAT AND I SMILED AT HER AND TOOK HER HAND AND TOLD HER MAM HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD BLESS YOU, SHE HAD A TEAR IN HER EYE WHICH WAS A CHAIN REACTION THAT ALSO PUT TEARS IN MY EYES, IT MAY ME FEEL SO REVIVED INSIDE TO LIFT SOMEONES SPIRITS AND LEAVE A SMILE THAT WAS A FROWN ON THERE FACE!

MaryAnn WEED

I look forward to watching your show ever day. You are such an inspiration to me, I have had 6 back surgeries, and three hip replacement (all the same hip) and i still can't walk well without my crutch. You make me forget about it for an hour. You are just the nicest person I have ever seen. You are not just beautiful on the outside, but you shine so bright on the inside as well. I wish i could come to your show one day. My husband is working 2 jobs a day, since I am not able to work, because i can't work to bring in the extra money anymore,that make me so depressed, but like i said for one hour I loose myself with you. keep up the good work of inspiring people. Love you!

(Page 8 of 67) Newer567891011Older