Tell Us About an Act of Kindness

If you know someone who has performed an act of kindness, tell us about it! Is this a person who is struggling financially that helped someone else in need? If their actions moved you, we want to hear about it. Tell us what they did and why they could also use some help, right here.

Comments

(Page 6 of 67) Newer3456789Older
Dorothy Chapont

Hi Ellen! My name is Dorothy and Im 16 years Old. I am haitian, born in Haiti, as a matter of fact I was in haiti on January the 12th, during the earthquake. I've witnessed kids in Haiti going through the daily struggles,some of them,their parents can't even afford them a pair of shoes. But I wanna change that and I was wondering if you could help me, please? My plan is to start an organization to help these kids in haiti,and unfortunately there are thousands of them,and there's only so little that I could do on my own. I'm asking you for help please? Thank you Ellen!

Robin Bacon

I'm writing for a friend of mine. Her name is Katrina (Kitty) Thomas. She lost her home on 1/4/14 her mobile home caught on fire and she lost everything. She has helped many people when they have needed help. She is always there and has a big smile and ready to help others.She lost 9 bird and 5 of them she nurtured them from an egg, hand fed them she thought she might try to sell them for extra income but she got to attached and kept them. She lost them all in the fire. She also had a turtle he was 10-11 years old it took 3 different fireman to find the turtle and when they did they thought he was also gone. One of the fireman knew about turtles and he put him in an incubator and gave him oxygen and cleaned the foam off him from the fire. The turtle made it and is doing well. He is the all she had for pets left. I have tried to start a gofundme.com and we have raised 140.00 were trying to do a spegetti supper to help. The hard part is if we got her an apartment and paid the rent to get her in she couldn't maintain it. A friend of hers bought her an inexpensive trailer and paid cash for it . The she would only have to pay for the lot rent which is 400.00 a month she has a car payment and insurance for the car and lights, heat and food, she has all she can do to manage this. We are trying to raise enough money to buy a cheap trailer to put back in the park so she could still have the same amt of money going out as she is use too. We need to get the burnt one out. It bothers me that no one cares about this woman enough to help us. We hear no one cares she's by herself there are no kids. Please I really hope that because someone is alone that it's ok to think they don't matter. Thanks for your time we are just reaching out for some help.

jamie l lecount

ellen hi my name is jamie and this is a act of kindness for my neice ann chandler, you are her idle,she never misses an episode, 1 month ago she became ill has had a few strokes and a valve replacement, she is such an active 30 year old involving her children in every thing her kids have always come first,she was released 1 week ago and now bk in for blood clots not asking for much but for you to call her omg she would love it so much,her activities have come to a halt pretty much if she knew i was doing this she would probably be like oh hell no lol i watched you till i moved and my husband is ill going through chemo so i don't and can;t afford tv but you are a beautiful and generous woman i wish there was more people like you out there love ya and please make my neices day.

Joanna Dobson

Hello and thank you. I'm a loyal fan and thought at some point, I should contribute. I know the Ellen Show has a segment that honors incredible people/acts, so I thought I'd make you aware of one such individual.

I have been a hairdresser in Orange County for the past 25 years. About five years ago, a woman came into the salon and asked me to cut off her beautiful hair. I know it seems strange, but as a hairdresser in Orange County, I rarely "cut" hair. I trim it, I shape it, I color it, but everyone wants their hair long. Even when it is God-awful long hair. And her hair was beautiful. I asked her if she was sure, and she replied, "I've got a kiddo that needs me, needs my time. My hair is expensive and time consuming. I can give it up for him." I learned later her son had been diagnosed with Asperger's. She was going to need to be at the top of her game to help him. Completely selfless.

But that day, for the next hour in my chair, this woman wowed and entertained me. I don't think I've laughed harder, ever. Like Ellen, she was naturally funny. A quick wit, full of original thought. She had an authentic air about her that was amazingly refreshing. Instead of talking at me like a producer trying to sell me a movie script, there was genuine banter between us. Basically, she had me at hello.

As you can imagine, we became fast friends. Every time I saw her on the books, my mood lifted. Molly was coming in…. and I was going to cut her hair and laugh my ass off.

A lot has happened to her since that first encounter. Namely breast cancer and divorce, both at the same time. But in true Molly fashion, she rocked it.

Rather than try and explain, I will lead you to the docu-short that gives a glimpse of what she has done in the face of absolute tragedy. When Molly was diagnosed, her children were 3 and 8 years young. She was first informed that she had stage zero, contained breast cancer. Ultimately not her prognosis. But she is a thriver, not a surviver. She has changed the way I think and feel about woman that have to make some very difficult decisions regarding their bodies and quality of life as they try and survive the disease. Hope you have time to honor this amazing woman. Peace, Joanna Dobson.

Go to Molly's P.INK Tattoo on YouTube. Pinterest also sponsors a site for her efforts at http://www.pinterest.com/personalink/

Becky Donnelly

Dear Ellen, I'm compelled to write you for my friend from college, Christie Anderson. She has a son with lukemia and she just has the biggest heart. Her family was featured on the today show to decorate their house since they are a military family with little time due to all of their hospital visits. The latest is that she won a radio flyer contest and is donating the $10,000 in items she won to two organizations that have helped them through this long journey. I feel that she can tell her story best. Here is her letter she sent to Radio flyer:
Dear Radio Flyer:
I ran into this Radio Flyer contest while I was just trying to tell you how awesome your product the scoot and zoom is for my little boy. Every Children’s Hospital needs one. Our story is a little different not very much green grass and blue skies but certainly happiness for one child...When our family was moving from Oahu to Germany in the summer of 2013 we landed in Colorado to visit family. After being there three days I took my son, Nate, into urgent care. Within 24 hours he was diagnosed with leukemia. We are now residing in Colorado utilizing Children’s Hospital of Colorado for all of Nate's care. We spend a ton of time there getting chemotherapy. Nate can have appointments up to three days per week. There is not a whole lot to do when getting chemo and for an active five year old it can get pretty boring. A lot of children end up watching lots of television to pass the time. My active boy has another joy at the hospital and actually gets excited to go because of one thing...the Radio Flyer Scoot and Zoom on the oncology floor. He searches high and low for it when we arrive. Once he has located it he is flying!! Everyone knows when Nate is in clinic because he tears around on the Scoot and Zoom. He circles the nurses’ station, roars down the straight hallways and plays chicken with his oncologist. He absolutely loves it! When Nate is riding he is in the zone of enjoying being a kid and it lets the leukemia and stress of chemo melt away. One of the chemotherapies Nate receives causes neuropathy which can lead to problems walking. I am convinced that since he is so busy scooting and zooming this has never been a problem. The doctors laugh when they give him an exam to see how agile he is because they have seen him zooming and know that he is doing great. thank you, Christina.

They did win this $10,000 prize and her response was this: Our prize is that we got an electronic gift card for merchandise at the Radio Flyer online store. We have chosen to give half of the prize to Brent's Place and the other half to Peace with Christ Early Learning Center. Each place is sending me their lists we will then order their requests. When it all arrives the boys will get to go deliver the items getting an opportunity to give back to two places which make such a difference in the community and Nate's journey.

Here is their family featured on the today show for having their house decorated during the holidays: http://www.today.com/video/today/53771932.

I follow their daily struggles through caringbridge's website. I can't even begin to tell you how much they go through. Their son was in the hospital over the holidays for one thing. The main thing is they stay positive and they know their boy will be a survivor. I just wanted to share this with you to inspire others that may be on their same journey. They daily put things into perspective for me.

I love all you do Ellen.
Becky Donnelly

Rhonda Hurley

Ellen THIS REALY BOTHERS ME Why when you give to people at home?They all have nice big houses?? Why dont you google people houses and see if they need help? Is it because people like me have small run down houses and they wont look good on TV? I have never ask anyone for help with money before in my life mabye thats why I live without? I love Ellen she reaches out and grabs my heart almost everyday. Was just worendering why the houses are always nice you go to? Keep sharing you do such a great job and have a very kind heart. I wish you would come to my door and see me and my dog Trixie.. Love you Ellen.

nicole emilyn collins

Hi Ellen,
I cannot tell you enough how much I enjoy watching your show. You make me laugh almost everyday! I am writing to you about my Mother, her name is Lyn. She is an amazing person with a heart of gold.
My mother has struggled with addiction her entire life, 5 years ago she made the choice and what a wonderful one it was to get sober. She lost her house due to a subprime mortgage and took a 70,00 short sell, loosing all of the money her mother had left to her after she passed. She had know were to go and started staying with friends, soon she found a mobile home for sale for 3,000 it was owned by a woman who passed from her own addictions. She felt defeated but picked herself up and started fixing up the mobile home, literally one cabinet at a time… it’s still not finished, but she carries on. She blossoms everyday into a better person, it is really amazing what sobriety can do for the soul. She has always had an eye for fashion, never having a lot of money she enjoyed shopping at consignment stores, about a year ago she decided to open up her own shop Wisdom of Pearls in Napa Ca. She had little to know money but thought "heck I am going to jump in head first!" and she did and things were going so wonderfully, she even started a program called "Women of Wisdom" it was created to help women in need acquire clothing for job interviews. She gave women who had nothing, but like her needed a fresh start, needed someone to believe in them when they had no one else.
Recently the shop has struggled and she has nothing to her name, she cannot even afford bankruptcy, the paper work is so extensive and confusing that she has to pay a lawyer 1,400 just to fill out the paper work for her. The shop is closing my heart is sad, and I only wish the best for my mother. I hate to see all of her hard work and dedication be flushed away. Thank you for always brightening our day. You are truly an inspiration.

Marie

I absolutely love this program, it's actualy the most financially rewarding I've ever had. You can work where ever, when ever, and as much as you want. Make $100 in a day, pretty cool!! I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. Linked here http://Buzz95.com

Chris Williams

My sister who has never had any children of her own has lived such an unselfish life without ever asking for anything in return. I have been a single mom for some time now and she was always there to help pay for my kids to be able to go places, do things or have things because I couldn't afford it all. She has helped me out with bills and driving kids here and there without ever expecting anything in return. After I had my mastectomy she was there helping to clean my house, mow my lawn, do dishes, whatever she could to help out because I wasn't able to do a lot. Anytime I go to her she is ready to help. She lives with my 85 year old mother who recently had 2 heart attacks within a 2 week period of time. She had emergency surgery and then after she was well enough, had to have another surgery. She is still recovering, but my sister has adjusted her job so she can drive my mother to all her Dr. appts, hair appts, whatever she needs. She cleans, cooks and doesn't get a lot of time for herself. She has always helped everyone else out and now is in need of a new car, but can't really afford it as she had to take over paying all the bills for my mom as my mom really has no money to speak of. I would just love to see her get some recognition for all she has done. You know the song: "Wind Beneath My Wings" I feel like she is the one in the shadows that never gets the things she should, but never complains - just keeps on doing it.

Lucy Valdez

Hey Ellen!!! I wanted to tell you about my daughter Katt. She is 22 and is a fighter. She was born with cirrohhsis of the liver and at 4 months old had her gall bladder and appendix removed along with a wedge of her liver. She was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when she was 6 months old. In and out of hospitals the first year of life but she was a determined little bugger and fought hard. She was diagnosed with kidney disease when she was 6. At 9 she underwent a liver transplant and six weeks later she developed diabetes. But none of this slowed her down. She was very active and in high school was a 4 year Varsity cheerleader being a captain her senior year. She attended college for a couple of years and in the fall of 2011 her diabetes got out of control and she developed End Stage Renal Disease, she started dialysis on Dec. 10, 2011. Through out her life she has struggled with her health but she has never faltered. She always has a smile on her face and she is an inspiration to everyone she meets. She was supposed to receive a kidney transplant on Dec. 10,2013 exactly two years after she started dialysis but developed fluid around her lungs and MRSA the week before. Transplant is now postponed until the summer so she can get stronger. She was disappointed for all of 10 minutes and then said it's okay we'll wait until I'm stronger. Her attitude is AMAZING, she is always positive about everything. She has a bucket list that she made in October 2013 and one of her goals is to meet you and attend your show. Someday it will happen. She has taught me patience and love and how to slow down and enjoy life. She is our HERO because she is a fighter, she wasn't supposed to live past 3 without the liver transplant and she didn't transplant till she was 9. We have been blessed that God has watched over her and through lots of prayer she is still with us. She is a wonderful, caring human being. She is a forever friend. Thank you.

Jennifer

10 year old Madyson! Has sold over 200 loom bracelets earning to date about 500$ and donating to her local anima shelter. Bringing the furbabies many many wish list items such as food, treats, cat litter, bowls, collars, etc. To date she has her bracelets for sale at 2 locations. A local Art Center gift shop and The towns Hardware and pet supply store. She calls this her 4Footed Friends Foundation! She has been featured in our local newspapers and radio stations. Her love for animals is so heart felt and kind. She continues to make bracelets with little free time she has and every $ earned she purchases items and loves bringing them to the shelter and visiting her friends!

JOHN McGarry

A lovely compassionate caring woman whio lives in England has been an amazing inspiration and untireing force for the elderly and infirm people who aklso suffer with alzheimers disase for many years on Top of that, for the past eight years, before or after her job ona daily basis she would care for her own mother who was bedridden and diagnosed with alzheimers and didnt stop until finally she passed away last year. Recently Jeanette Kirton was herself diagnosis of breast cancer, and after that and waitng for further tests, while still caring for her charges, she organized a walk to raise money so the residents of her facility could have a Christmas party, which she could not attend, but she did attend and participate in the walk. She has GREAT HEART AND tho she is devistated by her own diagnosis, she worries about her patinetsd and others who need her compassionate and loving care. Jeanette, deserves to be acknowledged for all she has done, which i can`t comment on because i`m not there, but i know she lives for her job and for helping anyone who needs her. Please Ellen, look into this wonderful person and if there is anything you can do to help her, you`d be doing the world a great favor, there are few people like her in this world, and now she needs help to beat this terrible disease. Or, at least recognition for her undying committment to the care of others. She works aT Durham house in Bromley , KENT UK. PLEASE DONT DIVULGE MY PARTICIPATION IN TRYING TO GET HER HELP, IT WOULD BE UNCOMFORTABLE FOR HER FOR MANY REASONS, JUST KNOW I`VE KNOWN HER FOR 9 YEARS AND ADMIRED HER FOR HER COMMITMENT. i HOPE YOU WILL TRULY LOOK INTO THIS WOMAN AND KNOW SHE DESERVES EVERY CHANCE TO BE AROUND TO CONTINUE HER LIFES WORK. MANY LOVE HER AND IN MY OWN WAY I DO ALSO, BUT MORE THAN THAT, I AM OVRWHELMED AT HER LOVE AND COMPASSION FOR THOSE WHO NEED HER CARE. pLEASE LEAVE MY NAME OUT OF THIS AS IT WOULD BE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE FOR HER, AND ADD STRESS TO HER ALREADY SCARY and confusing life at the moment, I`m sure you`ll find everything i say her is true and i`m sure there are many more people who know her and wiould attest to all i`ve said here , P L E A S E , save Netty, there is no one more worthwhile. Thank you, John Mc Garry

Robert McKie

we are doing a prison ministry at smith state prison, Glennvill, Ga
we are trying to impact the heart and lives of the incarcerated and families with the help of Jesus, it is hard for me , you see my daughter neck was broken by her husband who was a pastor- everyone ask why-- and I say God said that everyone need forgive.
we need your help, it cost $60...00. a years to keep our ministry running
for more information all 912-576-1918 if God is laying it on your heart send it to
Prison Ministry of Coasted Ga, Inc
480 Mallet St Folkton Ga 31537
God Bless you and your

carlene thompson

ELLEN , IAM WRITTING YOU BECAUSE OF MY GRANDDAUGHTERS INSISTANCE TO MEET YOU. EVER SINCE YOU MOVE TO THE LA AREA MY SIX YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER HAS A REAL FIX ON YOUR PROGRAM. OFCOURSE SHE COMES HOME FROM SCHOOL AND I ALREADY HAVE YOUR PROGRAM ON. SHE SITS RIGHT DOWN AND WILL FINISH THE SHOW WITH ME...IZY LOVES TO DANCE AND SING SHE HAS ASKED ME TO SEND YOU A PICTURE OF HER AT HER KINDERGARTEN CHRISTMAS
SING.THERE WILL BE NO DOUBT WHICH ONE SHE IS .THE ONLY ONE SINGING....
HER FAMILY IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING GREAT TERMAL. THEY WILL LOSE HER HOME WHICH IS RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO ME AND HER MOTHER IS A CANCER
SURVIOR. WE ARE VERY THANKFUL OF THAT BUT THE RADATION AND CHEMO
REALLY DID A NUMBER ON HER MOTHERS BODY. THEREFORE UNABLE TO WORK
THEY HAVE TWO OTHER DAUGHTERS WHO HELP OUT AS MUCH AS THEY CAN AND
HUSBANDS SALARY JUST DOESNT MEET ALL THE EXPENDATURES. ITS A REALLY SAD CASE. SIX YEARS AGO WHEN HER MOTHER WAS WELL EVERYTHING SEEMED
TO BE UNDER CONTROL. THEN WHEN THE CANCER GOT HER HER WHOLE BODY HAS BEEN AFFECTED.SO I GUESS WE ARE ASKING FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN PRAYER
AND I BELIEVE SHE IS TRYING TO GET DISABILITY TO HELP OUT.
THANKS FOR JUST READING THIS IF YOU COULD GIVE IZABEL A SHOUT OUT
SHE WOULD BE SO PROUD...SHE WANTS TO COME TO THE SHOW AND GO TO DISNEY LAND. I KEEP TELLING HER PERHAPS SOMEDAY. THANKS FOR YOUR
GIVING US A GOOD LAUGH AND SMILE EVERYDAY...

michael olson

ellen you are the one light in my day when i smile on feb.4th i will become a 40 yr survivor of childhood cancer .12 yrs ago i recieved a miracle. my son was born .iwasnt supposed to be able to have children. 2 yrs later my wife and i were married on halloween. my son was part of the wedding party a ring bearer dressed as the socerors apprentice from disney .we need help of some kind i was disabled in 2005 from injuries at work and my wife is a disabled marine veteran but able to work but cant find any . my son is 12 now an A student .on march 7th our house will be foreclosed on it is the only home my son has ever known.if there is anyway you can help please .your always loved in this home michael olson

(Page 6 of 67) Newer3456789Older