Tell Us About an Act of Kindness

If you know someone who has performed an act of kindness, tell us about it! Is this a person who is struggling financially that helped someone else in need? If their actions moved you, we want to hear about it. Tell us what they did and why they could also use some help, right here.

Comments

(Page 4 of 67) Newer1234567Older
Derek Silas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qymRQaheOqU&list=FLzg1ATP4ZLcbNpe5Z6drQQg I have been dating a teacher (that was nominated for Teacher Of The Year in our State of Alabama), for a few years. I have 12 year old (in April) Twin Boys and a beautiful 9 year old Daughter from a previous marriage. And I did not want to look like THAT GUY just in and out of marriages. I wanted to do something BIG to show her not only that I was not taking this lightly, but also that she is loved by so many. She does not grasp the sheer magnitude of how many lives she influences in such a positive way, on a daily basis. To see her in action as she teaches with such passion, is truly inspiring in itself. She knows that we will never have a child of our own, and has never even slightly hesitated in this relationship, nor to take my children in as her own. But thats not enough. Her entire family has done nothing less. They make me and my children feel like our kids were born into her family from day one. And that is less than rare. In over three years, we have yet to have one single argument. Not one. But her confidence has never allowed to see the things she does naturally on a daily basis. So I wanted her to feel like the most important person in the world. Now I am not asking to be on the show (although that would be fantastic), but I would LOVE for our video to go as viral as possible to show her this importance. She never though she would even marry. THANK YOU!

Ty Stroud

I am a SAHM of 2 that makes and sends hand made cards and jewelry to people down on their luck, sick or just needs birthday cheer! They post on www.heronetwork.com and in return we ask for small donations of stamps or small art supplies like stickers and paper to make cards! I just started this year and am trying to get the word out. I call this Crafts for a Cause. I am hoping you might check it out and deem it Facebook shout out worthy! It is 100% run on donations made by friends (who also help make cards at crafting parties) and hand made jewelry I am selling. Again, all I hope for is a FB shout out to hopefully get the word out and inspire people to make a difference, no matter how big or small as Ellen has us. I started this year with a goal of sending 100 cards in 2014 and am currently at 42/100 and it's only Feb!!! Start small,dream BIG!!!! (our first batch of cards went out with a handful of change jar change!) Thanks for your time and consideration! We heart Ellen and watch as a family every day.

Ty Stroud

Auntroni

I actually commented today under another blog about how I was an Ellen addict! You've kinda become my sounding board, I think because you just seem to genuinely care about others. I was job searching today and looking for grants for schooling. (ANYTHING!) as I've had no income since December. On top of it, doctors told me years ago to file for disability as I have Sarcoidosis which I have constant pain from. So today, with no leads on jobs or grants ... and unbearable pain since I have been unable to afford my meds and raised glucose from the pain and stress and lack of meds it was a pretty rough day for me. Then I found out that extended unemployment was not approved and I texted my landlord to let him know my situation. About this time I was just ready to crawl into bed and give up. THEN my landlord texted back. And I know that it may seem such a small thing .. but he still gave me a little time. And that seemed to give me a little more hope and here I am back at the computer determined to find something to get me back to work!! It's just not that often that people try to understand what you're going through and I just wish my landlord knew what he did for me today. Feeling blessed! AND determined!

Jerrilynn Sanford

My best friend Adele is a single mom & when i had my first hand surgery so my husband wouldn't have to miss work she & her son Chuck took care of me by coming to stay & fix my meals wash my hair & take me to my appointments. Adele has a minimum paying job & her son goes to college & has a part time job & while i was out of work due to medical reasons I lost my job as a CNA-M because i cant lift on pt. anymore . But we were struggling to just pay rent,buyfood,pay for heat & pick up my perscriptions .Adele & her son saw we werent making ends meat so they bought us groceries & put gas in our cars they have less money than we do they live paycheck to paycheck them selves as do we my family helped when they could but my brother was dying of cancer in CA. & my sisters partner was rediagnosed with more cancer on her spine & in her brain so they werent able to help much & my other sister is a single mom of 3 only 1 is at home but my sister has medical issues so she also struggles with her bills & such but my sisters helped where they could .Adele & Chuck always were checking in to see if we needed anything .I know you probably never come to Maine as it is a long trip but I feel that Adele & her son have gone above & beyond to help us & her son always tells my sisters if you need me just call . So we have sort of added them to our family ,they struggle day in & day out & it is hard to live where the economy is not great jobs arent big paying just minimum wage isn't alot to live on but in times like these a true friend doesnt judge you they help when they can & they have. Even though they dont have a lot & neither do we but we are always there for each other ! I would love to be able to help her out more but as I said I have to have more hand surgery & im unemployed & that ran olut in Dec. & until congress votes on it I dont have any unemployment coming in & I cant get a job due to I cant do my normal job so.My husband has been working 72 to 84 hrs. a week to try to pay our bills & live & he works swing shifts but he never complains he always say your health come first our 3 children all live out of state we have 1 in NY., 1 in WA.,& 1 in FL.& they have families so they cant help us either.Our boys & there families have never met each other only through skype & FB& they havent come home for about 3 or 4 yrs so we skype with them to see our grandchildren we met our youngest sons wife & kids this past Oct. only because my mother -inlaw bought us tickets to go visit & meet them our oldest brought his family up to Maine after his sons cardiologist cleared the baby to fly,his son has tetralogy of the fallot & had open heart surgery @ 5 months old our middle son & his family live in WA. state & he has 2 beautiful stepdaughters & a baby on the way we have only seen them thru skype & their new baby is due in May but she may have downs syndrome the DR.s are saying she may not they wont know til she is born so they cant afford to come to Maine either life isnt easy but I have tried to do the best I can but it isnt enough & then Adele & her son have always been there when things have gotton tough they have been 1 of my rocks my husband is my biggest rock we have been married for almost 32 yrs we never had a honeymoon because we safed to have children my boys have always been my pride & joy & most of all they are our world & Adele even made all there Christmas gifts because i could knit or crocet what they wanted she did it without me even asking she brought there gifts & helped me package & send them out when she didnt have the money or the time really to do it she did anyway .Her car is 11 yrs old & she cant afford a new 1 it is an expense she cant afford , my husbands care is also 11yrs old & on its last leg but her son helped sand it & patch up the rust spots so we can still use it they did it in the cold ,when we ran out of oil for heat they went & got fuel jugs filled them so we would have heat till we could afford to get oil & then our landlord upped our rent starting this Jan. from $975.00 a month to $1050.00 & we have to supply our oil for hot water & heat .So Adele & my family have been trying to find us a cheaper rent or maybe Adele & her son Chuck & me & my husband can rent a house together to split expenses so that maybe we all can get back on our feet & may be able to get a head a little & save until i can get back to work or retrain to be a medical assistant which not much lifting is required . So I hope you will be able to help as I have watched your show since it started & you are a VERY CARING LADY!!! Thank you for your time & thank you for being YOU Love Always Mrs.Jerrilynn K.Sanford & God Bless you always & forever

tara

There are a lot of people struggling in these desperate economic times. In my experience, there are also many who care enough to do what they can to help each other. I have found myself having to rely on my local foodbank and I wanted to mention its director, Tracy Marchesich. She and her team of volunteers frequently work 12 hour days to ensure that people who need the service are able to access basic necessities. Everyone under her leadership acts with such compassion, kindness, and caring, always going above and beyond to ensure everyone who needs it has food. I am grateful for everything they do and want the tireless dedication of these amazing people to be acknowledged. Thank you for allowing us to acknowledge people who embody kindess, compassion, and grace.

Nicole Whelan

Hi, my name is nicole whelan and I reside in cairns QLD Australia. I love to watch the Ellen show when I can and especially love your inspiring and giving back segments on the show. However, my main reason for writing this is that I want to nominate a woman from the US who has her own blog: http://sleepdeprivationdiaries4321.blogspot.com.au as an everyday hero but I do not know her details so I can not fill out the requested form on your website. I'm not even sure if you will even get this post but I will try everyway possible to inform you of how amazing this woman is, how heroic, strong, compassionate and loving this woman AND her husband are. Please look into their story and feature them on your show.......you will be so amazed at this little family! LoVe Australia xx

Krista Nash

Hi Ellen
Ive written to you before about my friend Jenna who was 34 years old and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. The last letter i wrote to you she had parts of her liver, spleen and kidney removed. Since then she had both her ovaries, and her uterus. Then cancer spread to her lung.
As of January the cancer spread to her heart and on February 1, 2014 Jenna took her last breath and became an Angel. She fought her battle with cancer with courage and grace and fought a long 15 months. I would love for you to mention her and her family as they are true heroes. The world needs to know who these amazing people are and who Jenna was! Jenna was a fighter and had tremendous strength, even towards the end of her life she fought as hard as she could - the DR gave her 7 days and she lasted 2 weeks. Im not asking for gifts, all I'm asking if the family can be acknowledged for having such an amazing - daughter, sister, auntie and friend. I became very close to the family during this time and I know where Jenna got her strength from. Jenna died 2 weeks before her 35 birthday - she was born on Valetines day. She was inspiration to many. She lit up a room wherever she went and had an amazing outlook on life. Everyone who knew Jenna loved her and Im sure if you met her you would love her too.
We are having a celebration of life for her on February 7, there is a slide show being presented and I would love if you could do a video shout out so I can play it. She loved you and your show and it would mean a lot if you could acknowledge her life.
Thank you for reading this Ellen.
Krista

Cynthia

Ellen,
I'm writing to let you know about a baseball coach who is looking for a father and son he helped out many years ago. I have attached his story below. Hope you have a great week!
See you at the top,
Cynthia

I want to share a story with you. I am hoping this could come full circle, wasn't my goal when it happened. Anyway when I was 19 yo I was visiting my Dad while he was managing the Milwaukee Brewers. We happen to be in Chicago playing the White Sox. One day after the daily routine of going to the park in this case Old Comiskey Park. I had done all my early work-outs in a Brewers uniform with my Dad and shagged fly balls or caught for a coach hitting fungos to infielders until just before pregame infield/outfield. I got showered and became a regular fan like everyone else. Our visiting club house exited right into the main concourse. I literally stepped out of the club house and into a line at a concession stand. As I was waiting in line I was listening to a Dad and his son talking about baseball and how excited the boy was to finally see a game. I think the Dad was equally excited. The boy was very cute maybe 5yo, he had a little baseball hat on, a glow in his eyes and a stack of Brewer baseball cards in his hand. We got to the front of the line, they ordered a few things probably the traditional ballpark food hot dog, soda and peanuts, don't exactly recall. I remember watching them walk away and suddenly I was inspired, got out of line walked up to this Dad and son and introduced myself. I told him who I was and who my Dad was and I wanted to do something special for this man's son, hoping this could be a memory he would have for a lifetime or a story the father would tell his son for all their days together. Here is what I proposed to the Dad. Behind that door over there is the Milwaukee Brewers locker room, every card that your son has I can get him their autograph. Unfortunately you will not be able accompany him and to trust me. I could see wonder in this father's eyes and how much he wanted to be able to see beyond the door as well. It reminds me now of field of dreams and the corn field. His son took my hand and we walked through the door. It was my usual scene nothing unordinary, half dressed men, music blaring, smell of freshily showered players, the buzz of chatter, card and chess games going on in the corner, Molitor watching wheel of Fortune and getting every puzzle on the first or second letter. The goal autographs for this beautiful boy, we visited every locker, players as always were great, most of them had children and instinctional knew what was up. A little banter, every card was signed. We exited the locker room door back to the concourse and I delivered the boy back to his Dad. He said thank you several times and away I went. I remember that so well, I remember just wanting to do something special for someone and on that day I think I did. I would love this story to get back to that Dad and his son. I know that is unlikely and I am okay with that as well. I just wanted to thank them for being there at the perfect time, so I could tell this story many years later.

Naty

Hello Ellen,
I've been watching your show and I know how you help a lot of people who are in need of help. It came to my mind about this little 6 years old girl who was a victim of hit and run on the night of Halloween. Her name is Brazl Ward from Las Vegas. The driver who hit her did not surrender. This little girl was in coma for I believe more than 2 months, she had brain surgery. God is good and with all the people that praying for her healing God did miracle for her. She is still in rehabilitation center recovering for the tragedy that happened. Her loving parents who are always on her side and have a strong faith in God did not loose their hope with prayers and support from their families,friends. It might be possible or I don't know if little help from your show and you would help them in their financial needs, hospital bills,medications and other needs. Greatly appreciate your help for them and God Bless.. Here's few info of Brazl at rehabilitation center.

Some encouraging news from the family of Brazyl Ward. The 6-year-old, who was struck by a hit-and-run driver on Halloween, is singing and smiling at her rehabilitation facility.

More on Brazyl Ward: http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/24570643/6-year-old-hit-an...

Allison Johnson

Ellen, I just got done watching your birthday show and I'm in tears! Your generosity greatness every day. You are an amazing woman. I just wanted to write and tell you that. We love you.

Catherine Colosimo

I am a single Mom of 2 girls. I suffered 2 aneurysms and 2 surgeries last Aug and Dec. A wonderful neurosurgeon, Dr. John Sinclair saved my life and I would love to have him honoured somehow. He works at The Ottawa Hospital in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Not only is he skilled in his job but he has the biggest heart and best bedside manner I have ever seen (and I am a nurse!). Thank you kindly. P.S.: Many staff feel the same way as they all said the same thing when I was in the hospital x 2.

Anna

Saw this, and it yanked at my heart strings. Thought it might yank at Ellen's too.

Sherri Jorgensen

This is my cousin handing out coffees and pizzas to the homeless during a cold spell with temperatures reaching lows as cold as -30C, in Toronto, Ontario Canada. He is an inspiring person to me, my family and everyone he meets.

Teresa Bardell

Hi Ellen

My name is Teresa Bardell and I am writing to tell you about my mom Ellen Rice. She is so unbelievably selfless that a lot of the time I have to remind her to think about herself sometimes and not others.
She has gone in great lengths and debt helping others including myself and for someone that has Lupus, Sarcoidosis and fibromyalgia and living on disability that is a lot. She never thinks about that and is always willing to bring someone under her roof to help them get back on their feet. Seems like the more she gives the less she gets but she says all the time God will provide, and I guess He does.
At 28 I moved back home to help her with my 8 year old autistic, intellectual disability sister, my step mother who is Schizophrenic and an older sister who is also intellectual disability as well. On to of all that I myself am agoraphobic and also receive disability and that isn't much money to help very much but I am willing to help whatever way I can.
What I would like is for you to give her s shout out or a call, she is always talking about coming on your show to dance with you. i guess that is one of the few things that I can do that will not cost us too much. There are so many people out there that she has helped we call her the old lady that lives in a shoe, well Ellen ,I can't say I'm always happy about what she does but I can't stop her.
You can reach me at 864-451-9655 or teresabardell@gmail.com