Worried About Gifts This Season?

The holiday season is almost here. If you're struggling to make ends meet and don't know how you'll be able to buy gifts this year, write to us. How did you fall on hard times? Tell us who you want to buy gifts for and why they're so special to you. Your holiday wish could come true!

Comments

(Page 2 of 64) Newer1234567Older
Debra Zipp

Hi Ellen, As always, I am late looking at the web site. I just noticed the place to write in about the Christmas gifts unable to provide. I have struggled for several years being on Disability, and have tried to do things like make my own gifts, sewing, cooking, crocheting writing poems, etc., however, this year finds me in another state from my family, They are in PA, and I am in VT. I haven't the where with all to sew, or bake as it were, or to even financially be able to send them what I could have done. My heart aches to see them all, and hold them hug them and let them know I truly love them, however, that too has been something that has been unable to happen. So being unable to send even a little something to my children and my only granddaughter has torn my heart apart. Thank you for listening I truely appreciate your kindness.

pam lewis

MY DEAREST ELLEN, I WANTED TO WRITE IN TO YOU AND SHARE MY STORY I AM 44 YRS OLD MOTHER OF 3 CHILDREN AND A GRANDMOTHER OF 2 BEAUITFUL LITTLE BOYS BACK IN 2010 MY HUSBAND BECAME DISABLED AND HAD TO GIVE UP HIS COMPANY OF 20 YRS WE LOST OUR HOME BECAUSE THE MORTGAGE PAYMENT WAS SO HIGH SO WE WERE FORCED TO LEAVE OUR HOME AND MOVED INTO A LOW INCOME 2 BEDROOM APT IN OUR HOME TOWN EVEN LIVING IN THE LOW INCOME WAS HARD FOR US WE STILL STRUGGLED WE HAD LIVED THERE FOR ALMOST A YR WHEN THE MARCH2ND MASSIVE TORANDO CAME THROUGH OUR LITTLE HOME TOWN AND TOOK THAT FROM US AS WELL AS EVERYTHING WE OWNED WE ARE THANKFUL GOD SPIRED OUR LIFES WE STAYED IN A SHELTER FOR 2 WEEKS AND WERE DISPLACED TO ANOTHER CITY AND HAD TO LEAVE OUR HOME TOWN THAT WE ALL HAD KNOW ALL OUR LIFES MY DAUGHTER IS 15 YRS OLD AND SHE HAD TO START A NEW SCHOOL AND LEAVE EVERYTHING SHES EVER KNOWN SHE IS A STRAIGHT A STUDENT AND WANTS VERY BADLY TO GO TO COLLEGE AND BECOME A NURSE.WE DIDNT HAVE A CHRISTMAS TREE THIS YR WE LOST ALL OF THAT IN THE TORANDO AND DIDNT HAVE THE FUNDS TO GO BUY ANOTHER AND THEY WERE NO GIFTS BUT I KEEP TELLING MY FAMILY WE HAVE EACH OTHER AND THAT MEANS EVERYTHING I LOST MY MOM BACK IN AUGUST TO CANCER AND I AM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME DEALING WITH THAT ME AND MY FAMILY HAS BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH JUST IN THIS YR WE ARE NOW LIVING IN ANOTHER LOW INCOME APT IN ANOTHER CITY WHICH IS OK BECAUSE WE HAVE A ROOF OVER OUR HEADS AND HAVE EACH OTHER BECAUSE TO ME FAMILY IS EVERYTHING.BUT SOMETIMES WE FEEL LIKE WE HAVE LET OUR CHILDREN AND OUR GRANDCHILDREN LIKE WHEN THEY SAY MAMAW I WANT A HAPPYMEAL OR JUST TO BE ABLE TO TAKE THEM SOME WHERE OR JUST TO BE ABLE TO BUY THEM A LITTLE OF SOMETHING AND YOU KNOW THAT YOU CANTIT REALLY HURTS OR FOR YOUR DAUGHTER TO HAVE SUCH BIG DREAMS OF GOING TO COLLEGE AND WANTING TO BECOME A NURSE BECAUSE YOU SEE ELLEN SHES ALOT LIKE YOU SHE LOVES HELPING PEOPLE AND IF IT HADNT BEEN FOR HER HELPING ME WHEN THE TORANDO CAME I WOULD OF NEVER MADE IT WE HAD TO WALK SO FAR TO TRY TO GET TO SAFTEY AND MY HUSBAND STAYED THERE TO HELP GET THE ELDERLY OUT OF THEIR APTS AND MY DAUGHTER LED ME THROUGH IT ALL IT WAS DARK RAINING AND SHE HELPED MOVE DEBREE OUT OF OUR WAY SO WE COULD WALK THROUGH SHE HELPED CARRY LITTLE KIDS AND SHE HELD ON TO ME WE WALKED THROUGH POWER LINES AND SHE WOULD TELL ME WHEN TO STEP AND NEVER LET GO OF MY HAND I HAVE ANEXITY AND ASTMA BAD BREATHING PROBLEMS HER AND GOD SAVED MY LIFE THAT NIGHT. I HAVE WRITTEN TO YOU SEVERAL TIMES AND I WATCH YOUR SHOW EVERYDAY I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN PEOPLE SAYS TO ME WHEN YOU GIVING UP ON WRITTING TO ELLEN AND I TELL THEM NEVER BECAUSE IM THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT DONT GIVE UP AND I DO BELIEVE THAT DREAMS CAN COME TRUE YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT BAD ENOUGH AND HAVE FAITH.YOU ARE THE MOST GENEROUS PERSON AND CARING INSPIRATIONAL PERSON YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION ELLEN YOU ALWAYS CAN MAKE ME SMILE.I AM WRITTING YOU THIS EMAIL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART I JUST HOPE IT TOUCHES YOURS. LOVE ALWAYS THE LEWIS FAMILY

pam lewis

I HAD WRITTEN YOU ELLEN AND EMAILED AND ENTERED IN ALL THE 12 DAY GIVEWAYS AND HAD NO LUCK. MY STORY WAS HOW WE LOST OUR HOME BACK IN THE MARCH 2ND TORANDO AND WAS DISPLACED AND WE LOST OUR CHRISTMAS TREE AND ALL THE DECROCATIONS AND MY HUSBAND BECAME ILL AND HAD HEART TROUBLE AND IS NOW DISABLE AND WE ARE NOT A VERY TIGHT FIXED INCOME AND BARLEY GETS BY AND WE DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY TO GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER CHRISTMAS TREE AND DECROCATIONS OR ANY GIFTS THIS YR FOR MY CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN FOR CHRISTMAS MY LITTLE GRANDSON WAS OVER TODAY AND SAID MAMAW WHERES MY CHRISTMAS TREE AND IT JUST BROKE MY HEART. I HAVE BEEN ENTERING IN THE FLURRY GIVEWAYS AND IM HOPING AND PRAYING THAT JUST MAYBE I MIGHT WIN IT FOR MY FAMILY AND TRY TO MAKE UP FOR THIS CHRISTMAS BECAUSE I LET THEM DOWN AND MY CHIDREN AND GRANDCHIDREN ARE EVERYTHING TO ME. WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH IN THIS PAST YR I LOST MY MOM BACK IN AUGUST TO CANCER AND IM HAVING A HARD TIME DEALING WITH IT AND ALONG WITH THAT JUST STRUGGLING SO MUCH THAT SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO PAWN THINGS JUST TO GET THROUGH THE MONTH AND MOST OF THE TIME THATS NOT EVEN ENOUGH BUT ONE THING I KEEP TELLING MY KIDS WE THANK GOD EVERY DAY FOR SPIRING OUR LIFES THROUGH THE TORANDO AND WE ALL ARE TOGEATHER AT CHRISTMAS WE MIGHT NOT HAVE A TREE OR GIFTS BUT WE HAVE EACH OTHER EXCEPT ME I DONT HAVE MY MOM NO MORE THIS IS MY FIRST CHRISTMAS WITHOUT HER AND TODAY CHRISTMAS DAY IS MY MOMS BIRTHDAY WHICH EVEN MAKES IT HARDER.BUT ELLEN I CAN WATCH YOUR SHOW NO MATTER HOW SAD I AM YOU ALWAYS PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE ITS AMAZING HOW YOU REACH OUT TO PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD AND TOUCH THEM AND HELP YOU ARE THE MOST GIVING PERSON THIS WORLD NEEDS MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU IT WOULD MAKE IT A BETTER PLACE.I WATCH YOUR SHOW EVERYDAY AND ELLEN YOU ARE THE BEST.ELLEN I HAVE TRIED SO HARD TO WIN SOMETHING FOR MY FAMILY IM HOPING AND PRAYING THAT THIS EMAIL TOUCHES YOUR HEART BECAUSE ITS COMING FROM MINE. MERRY CHRISTMAS ELLEN LOVE PAM

Lulu Corona

bright copper kettle (or).

Lulu Corona

bright copper kettles..for Friday..!

pam lewis

THE WORD IS SLEIGH RIDE!!

pam lewis

THE WORD IS SLEIGH RIDE!!

(Page 2 of 64) Newer1234567Older