Worried About Gifts This Season?

The holiday season is almost here. If you're struggling to make ends meet and don't know how you'll be able to buy gifts this year, write to us. How did you fall on hard times? Tell us who you want to buy gifts for and why they're so special to you. Your holiday wish could come true!

Comments

(Page 1 of 64) 1234567Older
Carrie Phillips

Dear Ellen,

This coming Christmas Season will be hard for me, but it will be for a lot of others also and I'm going to try to find a way to give back to other's. I would like to see you do a show on Honoring Sister's. I'll bet you will get a hudge response. I would like to Honor my Three wonderful sisters, and how they have given selfishly to others, especially me, my sister's are my best friends , I've always looked up to them as they have given me sound advice over the years, and been there for me, despite having challenges in the own lives. Have you ever done a show like this before? It would be wonderful to see this on the upcoming 2014 Holiday Season shows. Gee I hope I have spelled everything correctly here haha! Still trying to get on your show. Thanks Ellen, for listening. Carrie Phillips; carriephillips@att.net

carmen colunga

the last time i wrote to you i told you i was a 12 year old boy i am im just writing to you on behalf of my mom Carmen

carmen colunga

hi ellen I see many people write to you asking for help I don't want to be another one of them that you just ignore i want you to take your time and read this im a 12 year old boy i watch your show every day your so funny i see the way you help people and think to my self i wish one day you could help us its been a hard year for me and my family this year it started like this me my three year old brother and my mom were on our way home from the grocery store we had a car crash i broke my finger my mom fractured her leg our car was ruined it all burend up our grocerys our money everything a week later we were on our way home from a docters appointment my moms friend had tuck us in her truck we were at a stop light and they crash her it dosent end there 2 weeks later our truck stoped working we had no transportation me and my dad had to walk every where i just wish you could help us out please

Theresa

Hello ellen, my name is kaylee, my grandmother watches your show every day. She wrote to you many times too. I just wanted to tell you about my aunt that could use your help desperetly. She is a single mother of 3 girls and she just got a job from being out of work for 2-3 years. She is having a hard time making ends meet and giving the kids what they need. Her car is very old, with over 200,000 miles on it with that black cloud that has been over her head for about 3 years and with her luck it will break down and their will be no way to work. And with christmas coming their wont be enough left for christmas because all of her bills, my grandparents helped her in the past but they are disabled so they have tried but they cant, i see how you help many other people and it would be great if you helped my aunt.
                Thanks
                    Love kaylee

Kayla Fugitt

Hi Ellen this is Kayla and Tanner Fugitt from Grayson Kentucky. We just wanted to write and tell you how much we enjoy your show. I watch your show everyday and it always puts a smile on my face, you do such amazing things for people. My husband and I just got married October 5, 2013 and due to our financial problems we didnt get to have a honeymoon. We recently lost our home due to his family members so we are trying to get a 1 bedroom apartment and we are struggling to come up with the money to move in. It's making it even harder because my husband is the only one working at the moment because we only have one vehicle and its not dependable, so because we just have the one vehicle it makes it diffcult for me to get a job. And now christmas is coming up and we have no money to get our family anything for christmas. It's really hard to stay positive when all the bad things hit you all at one time but even though we have more bad things than good things happening right now it's a good feeling to have knowing that for 5 days a week for an hour a day I can have a good laugh and forget about all the bad things because of your show. Thank you so much for everything you do. I hope everyone that watches your show feels inspired by everything you do. Thank you for reading my story and I hope you can help.
Love Kayla and Tanner Fugitt

susan wells

Hi Ellen, This is Susan, from Ohio , How are U ? I wanted to let you know since the last time I written to you my apt on the out side was shot up by 2 Thugs , This Happened 8/6/2013 around 10;15pm, They shot at the wrong House, there are 12 bullet holes in the front of the Apt and 10 in the hall way that leads to my Living room I was up all night for 24 hours was afraid to sleep, Yesterday I did a good thing , I swept out the closet and found a bullet, and the Detective came in to get it, Hope,they will find out who they was , Its scary , to live alone,I like my apt and Leaving it I just don't want to do, I have nice Land lords, that came here yesterday and added better security for me, They added more lights for the out side, too, I am very lucky to know I didn't get killed I was on the floor in a matter of seconds and The police was here with in 5 min,a friend called 911 # for me, he lives in the apt up stairs and he was doing Laundry here, So I wanted to let u Know its been a rough 2013 # I am so glad I am still alive, I know God sent me some Angels Friday night, Because non of the bullets came thew my living room there in the Hall ways,embedded in the walls, I have pics if U Would like to see,? just let me Know where to send them, from my pc, and cell phone too, Take care out there and God bless, Susan wells,

jeffrey d huey sr

iam not able to work , i havent been able to in over a year because of my back i will be having back surery on 9/13/13 ! iam a single dad have been for 10 years or so , my son is the best son in the world he is still in school has one more year to go then he plains to join the army but right now he is working at mc donalds that is the only income we have, and were living in this old camper rv that is falling apart and has no runnig water exept in tolit we have to go some were eles to take showers, that we are making payments on and renting a trailer lot to park it on plus we pay ower on power ! My son deserves so much better he has giving up so much of his life to take care of me and he shouldnt have to have so much stress and birding on his shoulders i have came close to taking my on life afew times so he wouldnt have to take care of me ! but that wouldnt be fair to him, iam trying to get disability right now but we know how long that takes, we are behind on all bills camper pament lot rent and i dont know what were going to do he starts his last year of school in 2 weeks a i cant even buy him school stuff the only car we have is falling apart its a 1990 ford tempo that isnt safe for him to drive ! i dont care about me but it is so hard to look in his face and knowing he is so stressed out but yet he smiles at me ever day and tells me everything is going to be ok knowing its not we are so close to being homeless !iam running out of room to write i love u Ellen Please help

earnest saunders

Hi Ellen,

I want to start off by say my family and I love your show and you put a smile on our face even on a bad day. I want to tell you a little story that happen on Halloween last year. I am in the army and I just came off a 24 hr shift and I fell fast asleep to waking up in pure horror from my wife yelling the house in on fire. I quickly got my family and ran out the house. What happen was the people that were upstairs did not put out a cigarette and left the house. See we live on post and we live in a type of an apt setting. So the place was in flames. We manage to try to save most of the things we had but most was gone due to water and smoke damage. We got some money from our insurance but what we lost we just replaced and lets say thing are very expensive now. well we replaced everything that me needed. Right now me and my wife are trying to save to go to Disney world or universal studios, but like everything else money is always a big deal. We are managing and we are getting through it. I just have one thing to ask you Ellen. I know you are a really caring person and you touch everyone in a way that from having a bad day you change it to a happy and bright day. I would love for my wife to see one of your shows and I was wondering if you can help me with that. I just want to know how much it is so I can get her a ticket and if I don't have enough you think you can help me with the rest. She has had a stressful couple of years and our family is in San Antonio TX and we are in New York. I just want to meet Adam Sandler and the rest of his gang cause I feel I would fit in with their goofy self cause im goofy. Thanks Ellen for listening and have a great day.

Love your friends
The Saunders Fam

Keith Dickerson

Dear Ellen, Im writing to you because my wife who is my best friend and hero loves your show. I had a heart attack a 2 years ago. Im only 43 yrs old, afterwards I found out I had severe hypertension,kidney disease due to the hypertension and congestive heart failure. We as a family have struggled quite a bit after my illness. My wife Marsha who works as a caregiver for mentally challenged adults works very hard to support us,but she only makes minimum wage. I do receive disability but it does little to offset our bills. for the most part in spite all our troubles we have a very happy family. between us we have 6 children 3 of whom are adults but we have a 14yr old 12yr old and an 11yr old. Our 14yr old is a very talented young lady. She's a dancer who loves what she does and wants to hopefully enroll in Julliard one day. My wife and take what we have for to take dance classes because we don't want our lack of money to be the reason she can't do the things she loves to do. We would rather go without than disappoint any of our children. She often feels guilty for the amount of money that we spend on her because she feels that it could go towards something much more important than her. She's not your typical teenager she thinks more of everyone else than herself. I don't feel comfortable asking anyone for help because I feel like it's my job to provide for my family. Call it foolish pride but they are my responsibility first and foremost. I hate to see my wife leave for work in the mornings,she leaves at 6am and sometimes doesn't come home until midnight. But she never complains or gives me a hard time for not being well she just goes on with a smile everyday. Even when she's sick I can't convince her to stay home.That's why she's my hero and I want this for all of her hardwork. I couldn't ask for a better wife. Even if you can't help us I thank you for just taking the time to read this message.

Keith R. ****erson

LeAnne Miller

Ellen I think you are amazing in everything you do for others. I have been laid off from my job sense Feb of this year. I've been depressed and there has been days when I don't even want to get out of bed.
I watch your show everyday. You make me smile and I forget about all my problems when I watch your show. I want to wish you Happy holidays and a great New Year.

LeAnne Miller- from Roseville,MI

Misty

Well ELLEN update on my husband who got fired from the departmeng because he cant provide realeases from doctors..I pray for all.those who are out there who pit the lives on the line everyday ,that they dont go threw this,but we still have eachother.but what do you do when it all starts to disapear everything that you have worked so hard for,no one to point you in the right direction are ,help exspecialy when you have 3 beautful girls at home that want to be involved in activaties,needs school stuff clothing etc and your other 3 who live with there other halfs ,there nothing to do or reach out because we are getting ready to live in our car and loose it all...Please need advice my husband almost died on duty at the Firedepartment and git fired 2weeks ago has had no pay for 3 to 4 months hes very emoitional ,firefighting is his life and I
T was torn from his heart..please this is a small politics community..its who ya know..god bless cant wait till tomorrow s show

Sharon Bell

Dear Ellen,
I am worried how I will give gifts, my job was not able to rehire me. budget issues, but I should not conplain, shoprite hire me and I am making ends meet, Iam only making $800 a month and I can not see how I will be able to give my kids or grand-children or sister a gift... but it look like to be in the land of the living and be able to see youir famuily is gift enough..
love you Ellen

charee thompson

dear ellen i would really appreciate your help im desperate need of needing your support our car got repoed on the 23rd of december 2012, my husband is waiting on disability and we have no money for anything pplease help very desperate you are wonderful at everything you do helping people, please help im desperate to be on the show or win something i can give my kids that they can treasure forever yours truly charee thompson

pam lewis

MY DEAREST ELLEN, I WANTED TO WRITE IN TO YOU AND SHARE MY STORY I AM 44 YRS OLD MOTHER OF 3 CHILDREN AND A GRANDMOTHER OF 2 BEAUITFUL LITTLE BOYS BACK IN 2010 MY HUSBAND BECAME DISABLED AND HAD TO GIVE UP HIS COMPANY OF 20 YRS WE LOST OUR HOME BECAUSE THE MORTGAGE PAYMENT WAS SO HIGH SO WE WERE FORCED TO LEAVE OUR HOME AND MOVED INTO A LOW INCOME 2 BEDROOM APT IN OUR HOME TOWN EVEN LIVING IN THE LOW INCOME WAS HARD FOR US WE STILL STRUGGLED WE HAD LIVED THERE FOR ALMOST A YR WHEN THE MARCH2ND MASSIVE TORANDO CAME THROUGH OUR LITTLE HOME TOWN AND TOOK THAT FROM US AS WELL AS EVERYTHING WE OWNED WE ARE THANKFUL GOD SPIRED OUR LIFES WE STAYED IN A SHELTER FOR 2 WEEKS AND WERE DISPLACED TO ANOTHER CITY AND HAD TO LEAVE OUR HOME TOWN THAT WE ALL HAD KNOW ALL OUR LIFES MY DAUGHTER IS 15 YRS OLD AND SHE HAD TO START A NEW SCHOOL AND LEAVE EVERYTHING SHES EVER KNOWN SHE IS A STRAIGHT A STUDENT AND WANTS VERY BADLY TO GO TO COLLEGE AND BECOME A NURSE.WE DIDNT HAVE A CHRISTMAS TREE THIS YR WE LOST ALL OF THAT IN THE TORANDO AND DIDNT HAVE THE FUNDS TO GO BUY ANOTHER AND THEY WERE NO GIFTS BUT I KEEP TELLING MY FAMILY WE HAVE EACH OTHER AND THAT MEANS EVERYTHING I LOST MY MOM BACK IN AUGUST TO CANCER AND I AM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME DEALING WITH THAT ME AND MY FAMILY HAS BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH JUST IN THIS YR WE ARE NOW LIVING IN ANOTHER LOW INCOME APT IN ANOTHER CITY WHICH IS OK BECAUSE WE HAVE A ROOF OVER OUR HEADS AND HAVE EACH OTHER BECAUSE TO ME FAMILY IS EVERYTHING.BUT SOMETIMES WE FEEL LIKE WE HAVE LET OUR CHILDREN AND OUR GRANDCHILDREN LIKE WHEN THEY SAY MAMAW I WANT A HAPPYMEAL OR JUST TO BE ABLE TO TAKE THEM SOME WHERE OR JUST TO BE ABLE TO BUY THEM A LITTLE OF SOMETHING AND YOU KNOW THAT YOU CANTIT REALLY HURTS OR FOR YOUR DAUGHTER TO HAVE SUCH BIG DREAMS OF GOING TO COLLEGE AND WANTING TO BECOME A NURSE BECAUSE YOU SEE ELLEN SHES ALOT LIKE YOU SHE LOVES HELPING PEOPLE AND IF IT HADNT BEEN FOR HER HELPING ME WHEN THE TORANDO CAME I WOULD OF NEVER MADE IT WE HAD TO WALK SO FAR TO TRY TO GET TO SAFTEY AND MY HUSBAND STAYED THERE TO HELP GET THE ELDERLY OUT OF THEIR APTS AND MY DAUGHTER LED ME THROUGH IT ALL IT WAS DARK RAINING AND SHE HELPED MOVE DEBREE OUT OF OUR WAY SO WE COULD WALK THROUGH SHE HELPED CARRY LITTLE KIDS AND SHE HELD ON TO ME WE WALKED THROUGH POWER LINES AND SHE WOULD TELL ME WHEN TO STEP AND NEVER LET GO OF MY HAND I HAVE ANEXITY AND ASTMA BAD BREATHING PROBLEMS HER AND GOD SAVED MY LIFE THAT NIGHT. I HAVE WRITTEN TO YOU SEVERAL TIMES AND I WATCH YOUR SHOW EVERYDAY I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN PEOPLE SAYS TO ME WHEN YOU GIVING UP ON WRITTING TO ELLEN AND I TELL THEM NEVER BECAUSE IM THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT DONT GIVE UP AND I DO BELIEVE THAT DREAMS CAN COME TRUE YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT BAD ENOUGH AND HAVE FAITH.YOU ARE THE MOST GENEROUS PERSON AND CARING INSPIRATIONAL PERSON YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION ELLEN YOU ALWAYS CAN MAKE ME SMILE.I AM WRITTING YOU THIS EMAIL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART I JUST HOPE IT TOUCHES YOURS. LOVE ALWAYS THE LEWIS FAMILY

pam lewis